HumanityPlague

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By HumanityPlague

My usual late-night gaming update is as follows:

1.  Got Batman day of launch.  Beat it a few days later.  It was good, but I think overall, Asylum is the better game.  I just mean tonally, and everything.  I realize City has better combat, more crap to do, more villains/enemy types, etc.  I just had more personal fun with Asylum though.  Not sure if I'm in the minority or not though.  Also, the controls felt overly complicated at times.  Like trying to map too much stuff out.  I can't even imagine trying to play the game on a PC, with a keyboard.  Yeesh.

2.  Slowly making progress in Red Dead.  Just got to Mexico, and did my first Ricketts mission.  Yeah, I dunno,  that game is weird.  I'm getting into it a little more, but it kind of has the Batman problem of the controls being overly complicated at times.  That's my same problem with GTA 4, actually.  Also, in RDR, and GTA 4, it feels like the characters are "skating" at times.  Like they can't come to a complete stop, when they should.  I fell off the raft twice (during Irish's mission), because I slipped off, trying to grab more ammo.  Not fun.

3..  Beat Web of Shadows a few days ago.  The ending got SUPER easy, for some reason.  Once you really figure out how to web-line from enemy to enemy, the combat gets real easy.  I liked it, overall.  It did have some quality problems (I fell through the ground twice, Spider-Man froze in mid-air a few times, etc).  But the swinging was spot-on, combat was largely decent, story wasn't too stupid (for a comic book game), etc.   I wish they had actually continued making more GOOD Spider-Man games, as opposed to the last two hunks of shit.

4.  Re-installed my Pinball emulator (Visual Pinball with Pinmame).  It's been updated some, and they seem to have fixed some of the problems.  The last time I tried it, the right flipper didn't work on Win 7, for example.  Now it all works reasonably fine, even the mini-flipper in Starship Troopers works, which is cool.

5.  I think my mad hunt for Forza 4 LCE is coming to a close.  No one seems to have it (for the real price point).  And I'm not paying 120$+ for it.  Target is having a "Buy Two Get One Free" sale this week.  I'm thinking of grabbing the regular version, Dark Souls, Child of Eden, or Mortal Kombat, depending on what the stock is.

6.  Big news:  I'm getting a custom SNES next week.  It's 95$ (which is a bit pricey, but ah well).  Here are two pics of it:

No Caption Provided
Here's another pic of it:
No Caption Provided
Yeah....that's pretty awesome.  The two switches let it go into PAL or NTSC mode.  And either 60mhz, or 50mhz.  

I'm excited to get it soon.  Ah well, that's enough for now.
HumanityPlague

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By HumanityPlague

My usual late-night gaming update is as follows:

1.  Got Batman day of launch.  Beat it a few days later.  It was good, but I think overall, Asylum is the better game.  I just mean tonally, and everything.  I realize City has better combat, more crap to do, more villains/enemy types, etc.  I just had more personal fun with Asylum though.  Not sure if I'm in the minority or not though.  Also, the controls felt overly complicated at times.  Like trying to map too much stuff out.  I can't even imagine trying to play the game on a PC, with a keyboard.  Yeesh.

2.  Slowly making progress in Red Dead.  Just got to Mexico, and did my first Ricketts mission.  Yeah, I dunno,  that game is weird.  I'm getting into it a little more, but it kind of has the Batman problem of the controls being overly complicated at times.  That's my same problem with GTA 4, actually.  Also, in RDR, and GTA 4, it feels like the characters are "skating" at times.  Like they can't come to a complete stop, when they should.  I fell off the raft twice (during Irish's mission), because I slipped off, trying to grab more ammo.  Not fun.

3..  Beat Web of Shadows a few days ago.  The ending got SUPER easy, for some reason.  Once you really figure out how to web-line from enemy to enemy, the combat gets real easy.  I liked it, overall.  It did have some quality problems (I fell through the ground twice, Spider-Man froze in mid-air a few times, etc).  But the swinging was spot-on, combat was largely decent, story wasn't too stupid (for a comic book game), etc.   I wish they had actually continued making more GOOD Spider-Man games, as opposed to the last two hunks of shit.

4.  Re-installed my Pinball emulator (Visual Pinball with Pinmame).  It's been updated some, and they seem to have fixed some of the problems.  The last time I tried it, the right flipper didn't work on Win 7, for example.  Now it all works reasonably fine, even the mini-flipper in Starship Troopers works, which is cool.

5.  I think my mad hunt for Forza 4 LCE is coming to a close.  No one seems to have it (for the real price point).  And I'm not paying 120$+ for it.  Target is having a "Buy Two Get One Free" sale this week.  I'm thinking of grabbing the regular version, Dark Souls, Child of Eden, or Mortal Kombat, depending on what the stock is.

6.  Big news:  I'm getting a custom SNES next week.  It's 95$ (which is a bit pricey, but ah well).  Here are two pics of it:

No Caption Provided
Here's another pic of it:
No Caption Provided
Yeah....that's pretty awesome.  The two switches let it go into PAL or NTSC mode.  And either 60mhz, or 50mhz.  

I'm excited to get it soon.  Ah well, that's enough for now.
Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Seedofpower

Damn that is a sexy black.

Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Bruce

@HumanityPlague:

Is it weird that I've seen a SNES that looks exactly like that?

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By iam3green

pretty cool looking nes there.

HumanityPlague

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By HumanityPlague
@Bruce: Weird.  Do you remember when, or where?  I dunno, I thought it was fairly custom/unique, but there might be a few of them floating around out there modded like that.  Unless there's only the one, and it's been passed around like a Jerky Boys tape.
loopy_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#6  Edited By loopy_101

You're probably not alone with that thinking with Batman. It seems to of simply disappeared since it's launch, alot like RAGE did, and that was only a couple weeks back too.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Still_I_Cry

The SNES looks pretty cool and brings back nostalgic memories o_O.

I can't get into Arkham City, not sure why :(

Red Dead was an awesome game.

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Contro

The american version is ghastly, the lines and the use of purple just look bad, but I have to say the black does work well on it's angular lines. I'd do the buttons red though...