Correctional Officer Oral Interview

Par1val

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey duders!

I was wondering if any of you guys have taken a police oral interview. I will be taking one next week. Luckily, I have someone helping me out, but I wanted to see if anyone from the GB forums can give any tips! Thanks!

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Fredchuckdave

If you ask a present or former CO they pretty much know all the questions beforehand. Personally I went in blind and still passed but I'm pretty good at interviews so /shrug I'd be more worried about 40 steps, that shit is murder on the knees.

Edit: Mentioning I was religious when they asked if I was afraid of dying was like + a billion bonus points.

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

I think I've seen that video.

I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I couldn't not. I have no advice, but good luck with your interview!

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

When I took mine, many of the questions were "what would you do in X situation", and they really just want to test your confidence in your answers. Of course, give reasonable answers, too. One such question was something like, "if an inmate was directly threatening the life of another CO, would you be able to shoot them, possibly killing them?" Probably the most intense question of the interview. There were also some personal lifestyle questions in there. At least in my experience, it was nothing super serious, and I didn't feel much pressure. It helped that the two officers interviewing me were very nice and easy-going. Surprisingly, it ended up being one of the easiest parts of the whole testing process. They really just want to make sure you're not a psycho, and that you would physically and mentally be able to handle the job.

For me, although I passed the entire process, interview included, and likely did better than almost everyone else I tested with, it's been almost a year since I took the test and still haven't heard back (which I guess is normal). In Illinois, if you don't hear back from within a year of your testing date, they throw it out and you need to re-test. I most likely will not give it another go if I don't get it this time.

Good luck, though, duder! The whole testing process was one of the most interesting experiences I've had in awhile.

Par1val

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@onekillwonder_: thanks for the advice, it definently falls in line with what I heard of the interview.

@fredchuckdave:awesome.... I volunteer at my church, doing retreats and such, so I hope that helps!