#1 Posted by EnduranceFun (1114 posts) -

I'm a fan of Giant Bomb, but it seems the content from Japan like RPGs or dungeon crawlers aren't covered at all on the main site due to a lack of interest. What with Anime Vice seemingly running out of ideas, how good of an idea is it to let them cover these niche games that Giant Bomb doesn't [want to], along with the other Japanese entertainment? I'm not a massive fan of it myself, but coverage on more obscure Japanese software would be something that could keep me interested in a website for a long time. You could even bung Kessler there what with his quick look history. 

#2 Posted by Video_Game_King (35790 posts) -

Probably not. They're an anime place, not a game place. It would be appreciated to have more Japanese coverage here, but the lack of it isn't very pressing.

#3 Posted by Detrian (1126 posts) -

Why would the anime website cover for the failings of the videogame website?

#4 Posted by DoctorWelch (2774 posts) -

Yeah, thats one thing they could do. They are either going to liquefy the site or revamp it and do things like what you're suggesting. It's sorta hard to have a site dedicated to anime and a site dedicated to comics living together, especially when there are a few amazing anime sites that people wont stop going to because of Anime Vice. They have to try to broaden their range of topics that way its not just a site about filling in the porn/hentia sections of the wiki and talking about fucking cartoons. If they somehow hired like two or three people that lived in Japan who could dedicate the site to all things otaku in Japan, that would be pretty awesome, but it would definitely be a hard thing to manage. If I spoke Japanese (which I plan on learning eventually) I would actually love to do something like that :P

#5 Posted by TheHT (10787 posts) -

Well if it's anime-related, why not? I don't think they should cover any and all games from Japan though.

#6 Posted by tooPrime (338 posts) -
@Detrian said:

" Why would the anime website cover for the failings of the videogame website? "

Not covering JRPGs or dungeon crawlers is hardly a failing.  More like a greatest strength.
#7 Posted by EnduranceFun (1114 posts) -

Well, just being from Japan obviously is too far. This would go only for games like RPGs or obscure / niche games that would appeal to the anime community, if not being anime games entirely. 

#8 Posted by Video_Game_King (35790 posts) -
@tooPrime said:
" @Detrian said:

" Why would the anime website cover for the failings of the videogame website? "

Not covering JRPGs or dungeon crawlers is hardly a failing.  More like a greatest strength. "
That confuses me greatly. Strength for who, and how?
#9 Posted by Detrian (1126 posts) -
@Video_Game_King said:
" @tooPrime said:
" @Detrian said:

" Why would the anime website cover for the failings of the videogame website? "

Not covering JRPGs or dungeon crawlers is hardly a failing.  More like a greatest strength. "
That confuses me greatly. Strength for who, and how? "
It's a strength in the addled mind of the stereotypical american gamer who thinks all jrpgs are stupid. This short sighted thinking can't apply to an international videogame website though.
#10 Posted by Bigheart711 (1252 posts) -
@EnduranceFun: Of course they cover character, concept and franchise pages of some JRPGs on their wiki, but their domain is Anime and Manga. This would appeal to them however.
#11 Posted by tooPrime (338 posts) -
@Detrian said:
" @Video_Game_King said:
" @tooPrime said:
" @Detrian said:

" Why would the anime website cover for the failings of the videogame website? "

Not covering JRPGs or dungeon crawlers is hardly a failing.  More like a greatest strength. "
That confuses me greatly. Strength for who, and how? "
It's a strength in the addled mind of the stereotypical american gamer who thinks all jrpgs are stupid. This short sighted thinking can't apply to an international videogame website though. "
Oh my god, get over yourself.  I was just making a joke. Don't pretend like you set the editorial standards for international video game websites.
#12 Posted by Video_Game_King (35790 posts) -
@tooPrime said:
"Don't pretend like you set the editorial standards for international video game websites. "
Isn't that implying that video game journalism has standards :P?
#13 Posted by tooPrime (338 posts) -
@Video_Game_King: lol True.
#14 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

Ya i think they should cover japenese games. And by that i mean ero games.

#15 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

i would love if someone covered the import scene
#16 Posted by Rxanadu (502 posts) -

Then they could change their name to Japanator and have employees who fantasize about watching moe all the time. 
 
Seriously, that would be a good move for Anime Vice, since they're kinda fading out of existence at the moment.  I wonder where their vids went, like the 1-minute expert movies.  Those were pretty interesting.  
 
Also, does anyone know who works there, because I honestly haven't seen any employee on camera except for the people in the vids where they reviewed manga.

Online
#17 Edited by insectecutor@gmail.com (3 posts) -

God damnit i posted in the wrong thread.

#18 Posted by FLStyle (4507 posts) -

No no no no no. Anime Vice is for anime and manga. It's done enough devolving in the last 6 months as it is.

#19 Posted by phantomzxro (1558 posts) -

Yeah i feel that anime vice is for anime and manga and whoever runs that site i don't peg them as a gamer. Now if they had to hire someone for that then they should just be added to the bombcrew and just cover the stuff jeff ryan and brad does not want to.