Countdown to something on Led Zeppelins official fbook page.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

Over the last few days on the Zeppelin facebook page they've been counting down to SOMETHING, starting with a picture of FIVE in the Zep font and down from there. Tomorrow is going to be the big reveal of whatever it is. Yesterday they gave another clue as to what it might be, posting the following on their youtube account.

What people have figured out is that this is from the performance of Good Times Bad Times at the O2 reunion show back in 07. The general consensus is a big album/dvd release coming tomorrow. It seems this is pretty much the answer as Peter Mensch, Jimmy Page's manager had tweeted in July "today, Moulder continues with his stellar mixing of the O2 show. it's been 5 years coming and it's almost here." and again a few days ago "it's almost here. I've seen it and heard it. almost 5 years to the day."

I am SUPER stoked. Led Zeppelin is my favorite band. I'm picking this up for damn sure. Anybody else planning on it?

EDIT: crap. didn't put this in off-topic. Sorry mods.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

I understand their significance, and respect it but have never been a huge fan myself. I suppose the fact that they're still so popular, today, speaks volumes about their quality. It would be amazing to see if they fuck up the new album, just to see the reactions.

Wonder if it would be that bad. But I wish them all the best.

TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

@TheDudeOfGaming: It's all existing stuff so no chance of it being screwed up. Robert Plant can't hit the notes he used to but even still I'd give my left arm just to see them on stage. I saw John Paul Jones with Them Crooked Vultures and that was awesome. Probably as close as I'm gonna get. Thats cool they're not your thing though, I can get behind that.

Uh god. What are you doing Lou. That's terrible.

TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

It's been revealed. Coming to theaters. Hell yes. Need tickets.

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Cincaid

"In December of 1980,Led Zeppelin announced they were disbanding, since they could not continue without Bonham."

For good reasons, nothing can fill Bonham's shoes.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By MikkaQ

John Bonham was a major reason to listen to Zeppelin anyway so whatever they have to offer now means nothing to me. I really don't care about old musicians past their prime doing reunion shows, always overcharging for tickets and underperforming on stage. Snore. I'd rather watch the excellent DVD they put out of their classic performances.

TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheSouthernDandy
@MikkaQ You can't possibly be much of a zeppelin fan if you're that dismissive about the rest of the band. That's totally fine but obviously you're not gonna be that into this.
Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

@TheDudeOfGaming: I love Metallica and Zeppelin bores me but I still don't think anything Zeppelin could produce now would be as bad as that song, let alone that whole travesty of an album.

FriedConsole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By FriedConsole

Damn I thought it would be that John Bonham wasn't really dead. He just got a sex change, learned how to play terrible drums and called himself Meg White.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By EuanDewar

Watching that reminded me that I really don't like Led Zeppelin, or AC/DC, or Metallica, or Pink Floyd.

Or most music like that, really.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MikkaQ

@TheSouthernDandy said:

@MikkaQ You can't possibly be much of a zeppelin fan if you're that dismissive about the rest of the band. That's totally fine but obviously you're not gonna be that into this.

Not really. I mean if they had done a reunion concert maybe a few years after they split, I'd have been interested, but at this point they're not doing anything new or interesting and their skill with the instruments isn't what it used to be. I am a big fan though.

FriedConsole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By FriedConsole

@MikkaQ: The Plant Alison Krauss record is awesome.

TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheSouthernDandy
@MikkaQ

@TheSouthernDandy said:

Not really. I mean if they had done a reunion concert maybe a few years after they split, I'd have been interested, but at this point they're not doing anything new or interesting and their skill with the instruments isn't what it used to be. I am a big fan though.

Fair enough. Plant can't quite hit the same notes anymore but the other two are still real sharp. I saw John Paul Jones play with The Crooked Vultures and that dude still rocks. I just see it as the closest I'm gonna get to seeing them. Bonham not being there sucks but if you're gonna have anybody on the drums, his son is a pretty good choice.
MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By MarkWahlberg

@EuanDewar said:

Watching that reminded me that I really don't like Led Zeppelin, or AC/DC, or Metallica, or Pink Floyd.

Just out of curiosity, what music do you like? Led Zeppelin is one of the few bands where I actually like the majority of their songs, so my brain is a little confused by the idea of someone actively disliking them (the other three i can understand, sorta).

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

Ramble On <3

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By EuanDewar
@MarkWahlberg

@EuanDewar said:

Just out of curiosity, what music do you like? Led Zeppelin is one of the few bands where I actually like the majority of their songs, so my brain is a little confused by the idea of someone actively disliking them (the other three i can understand, sorta).

Like, most other stuff outside of that. Wu-Tang Clan Radiohead, Sonic Youth, Daft Punk, Neutral Milk Hotel, Queens of the Stone Age etc.

Y'know, pretty diverse taste just not, Led Zeppelin and their peers.
heat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By heat

It's about fucking time they did something with the footage from that concert