D&D Campaign

Jnal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jnal

Hey duders, I know that some people here have been doing some D&D campaigns over the wonderful series of tubes we call the internet. Locally I can't find anyone who plays regularly since the group I played with moved away, so I thought that maybe I could play online with like minded giant bombers who would either want to start one or have an opening I could jump into. I'm still kind of fresh to D&D and have only played 4th edition but I'm more than willing to play earlier editions or Pathfinder.

Also if anyone wants to use this as a way to join a game as well then welcome aboard.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By crusader8463

GL. I suggest you also try roll20.net and the official DnD forums. I got a group going with those sites. If you can find a DM you can find people no problem. DMs however are very hard to come by. Eventually I had to break down and teach my self to be a DM as I just couldn't find any other way. It's a lot of reading and research, but it can be fun. Once you got a reliable group force some of them to be the DM some night and alternate. It's not as hard as you may think it is once you play a few games. Just a mindset you need to set yourself into.

Jnal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Tanks for the suggestion! I'll try and post there as well. I would prefer Giant Bomb memebers as its one of the few communities that I generally like on the Internet. I'm still learning player specific stuff so being a DM is probably not in my wheelhouse yet. Also I'm not the most creative person.

MrWakka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By MrWakka

Roll20.net, rptools.net are both free virtual tabletops and you might find games there, then you might also try paizo or wizards of the coast depending on which game system you are looking to play. (pathfinder or 4th edition d&d respectively.)

I will say from personal experience online games are a little more difficult to keep going. But if you can find a solid group it can still be a lot of fun.

If your interested in a late friday night game thats a custom setting using pathfinder shoot me a pm and I can give you more info and get you contact info for my gm. Though I am the only duder I think in it. I might also be able to run something I suppose, I had considered running an pathfinder adventure path recently.

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Try out 4chan's Traditional Games board too. They often have threads about people looking for games or if there's none up just ask in a pathfinder or d&d thread

Disembodio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Disembodio

@jnal: Hey man I've never actually played but if you can put up with a newbie joining I would be down!

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fattony12000: besides Vinny I thought it was pretty bad. They really need to hire a real Dungeon Master and not play on a board.If you want some epic Roleplay. There is a series I watch every Week on Twitch and it is really epic.

Loading Video...

@jnal I think you will not find many people here who are into this stuff. Roll20 is really your best shot to find a great group to play online.

TooSweet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TooSweet

I've been trying to teach myself Shadowrun. I suck at learning these games. My brain just turns to mush. Reading about others experience it seems some just skip certain rules until they learn it or get a better understanding down the road.

*edited for clarification

mageemagoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This may come off as super dick, but does anyone here have a problem finding dnd games that arent populated by mouth breathers? I have been into dnd and the like since I was around 14 (im in my 20's now) but none of my friends have the slightest clue what it is, and would have no interest in playing. When I go to check out dnd groups at my local game shop, theyre always populated by immature mouth breathers who fit all your typical stereotypes. I'd love to play a game with a group of socially adjusted dudes.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@mageemagoo: The laws of D&D are that your group will either be filled with immature self-absorbed dorks with ADHD or cool, adjusted adults who never have time to play.

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By Superkenon

@mageemagoo: The laws of D&D are that your group will either be filled with immature self-absorbed dorks with ADHD or cool, adjusted adults who never have time to play.

My group's pretty rad.

We've played like two games in the last twelve months.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This may come off as super dick, but does anyone here have a problem finding dnd games that arent populated by mouth breathers? I have been into dnd and the like since I was around 14 (im in my 20's now) but none of my friends have the slightest clue what it is, and would have no interest in playing. When I go to check out dnd groups at my local game shop, theyre always populated by immature mouth breathers who fit all your typical stereotypes. I'd love to play a game with a group of socially adjusted dudes.

probably because these days you do not go into a local game shop and play D&D but rather do it at home or even more on the internet.

TooSweet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do play D&D with a group. We are a good group. Only problem as mentioned above we don't get to play enough. Our schedules just conflict so much. But we manage to play at least a dozen games a year or so.

Its one of the reasons I'm trying to learn Shadowrun. Just to let the rest of us who have time play something on the side.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@darji said:

@fattony12000: besides Vinny I thought it was pretty bad. They really need to hire a real Dungeon Master and not play on a board.If you want some epic Roleplay. There is a series I watch every Week on Twitch and it is really epic.

much dignified so
much dignified so "Roleplay" -wow-

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Darji

@fattony12000: This is a more nerdy way for a bachelor party so If both parties are ok with that I see no reason why it should be not ok. Go to a strip club, hire a stripper or do it like that. But I was talking about "serious" DM that do this for a living. Like the guy in the video I have posted for example. because believe it or not. running such a campaign requires a lot of work if you do it not so amateurish like Rorie did.