Avatar image for organicalistic_
Organicalistic_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Organicalistic_

I was talking to a friend today while watching history channel, UFO hunters came on and he believes in that stuff, i think it is made up, what do you think??

Avatar image for theseductivemoose
TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By TheSeductiveMoose

I believe in life outside of our solar system but not the flying-saucer, crop fields thingy.

djz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By djz

Nah.

tallTuck94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By tallTuck94

they dont exist 
even if they do ive watched independence day so i know how to beat them

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By zeforgotten

Yeah. 
Especially UFO's. 
I can't for the life of me see exactly what type of plane it is that's flying above me.  
So that's an Unidentified Flying Object in my eyes

gearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By gearhead
@TheSeductiveMoose said:
" I believe in life outside of our solar system but not the flying-saucer, crop fields thingy. "
Yeah basically this. I believe that somewhere out in either this galaxy or another; there is life, but I think that the UFO stuff is all bullshit.
RIDEBIRD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By RIDEBIRD

UFO hunters is crazy as shit. I've watched it all. It falls into the I want to believe category, but the show is quite bad and I find it hard to see that anything they say is true. 

In general though, I do believe there are aliens in the universe. Of course. Anything else would be highly illogical, like religion. I just think it's absolutely impossible that we are alone. It makes no sense to me at all. This is as well quite speculative, since there really haven't been any good proof that there are aliens. Maybe UFOs have visited us, maybe not. If they have, I would think their technology would be a hell of alot more advanced than us, so we can't see them anyway. Maybe they used an awesome shrink ray and made their ship the size of an atom, so they could scan us, without interfering in our evolution and technological development. In other words, the prime directive of Star Trek.  

So in short, yeah.

Avatar image for randominternetperson
RandomInternetPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

@TheSeductiveMoose said:

" I believe in life outside of our solar system but not the flying-saucer, crop fields thingy. "

Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Oriental_Jams

Not even a little in flying saucers but perhaps in basic life somewhere out there.

Avatar image for randominternetperson
RandomInternetPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Also,have you ever thought that they just might look at us as we look at them?

Organicalistic_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Organicalistic_
Nasos100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Nasos100

The Elder Things dont need no flying saucers. They can fly in space with their wings.

HEYO

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Mmmslash

I think that anyone who believes that life exists only on Earth is an idiot. I also think to just assume they aren't more technologically advanced than us is a little silly.

eclipsesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By eclipsesis

If i remember correctly there is a calculation of probability which takes factors such as all the planets, solar systems, galaxies in space and the findings where somewhere in the 90 percents that there is life on other planets which seems obvious to me, It would a little obnoxious to think that our planet is the only one which can sustain life.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By Afroman269

I just believe that there is other life out there because the universe is too big to just have one planet that has life.

indians34521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By indians34521

There has to be life out there. I cant believe we are the only life forms in all of space.
WitchHunter_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By WitchHunter_Z

I don't believe any of those 'UFO stories' for a minute, but the probability that we're alone in the universe? Tiny.

Ihmishylje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Ihmishylje
@indians34521 said:
" There has to be life out there. I cant believe we are the only life forms in all of space. "
This sort of view is understandable but I think somewhat flawed. Before proper science, people used to think that man was the centerpiece and the whole point of the universe, the same went for Earth as a whole. Then we realized how flawed this way of thinking was. I think it's mathematically unlikely that there wouldn't be any other forms of life in the entire, vast universe, the small corner of which our galaxy inhabits. But to assume there must be life out there... well, there doesn't have to be. Life isn't the ultimate goal of the universe, it's just something that happened along the way and if we were indeed the only planet on which it existed, that would go on to show how insignificant life is in the grand scheme of things. "Life" after all, is just a certain way molecules have arranged themselves, nothing more.

To us, of course, it's a hell of a lot more than that, but we're lucky that way.
Gruff182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Gruff182

I believe theres some form of life out there. UFO and laser guns? No.

FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By FiestaUnicorn
@Gruff182 said:
"I believe theres some form of life out there. UFO and laser guns? No. "

There are definitely laser guns!  Watch your mouth!!!!
blackbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By blackbeard
@organicalistic_ said:
" I was talking to a friend today while watching history channel, UFO hunters came on and he believes in that stuff, i think it is made up, what do you think?? "
i think there is probably life on other planets, do they come here, no idea... but UFO hunters is stupid.
Avatar image for ravenousrattler
Ravenousrattler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Ravenousrattler

UFO's do exist, not everything in the the sky is identifiable. As for aliens, there is not any solid proof, but to say we are alone in the universe is just foolish.

obcdexter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#24  Edited By obcdexter

I believe in Aliens. 
But I do not believe he'll ever create anything decent ever again.
Damn you, Jim Cameron ...

time allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By time allen

they're probably asking themselves "do you believe in aliens?"

TorgoGrooves89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TorgoGrooves89

I believe that in our universe, which is full of billions and billions of stars, there must be other lifeforms on other planets who have developed technology. I think it is extremely arrogant to think otherwise. And i also believe that there are sometimes flying things you would class as unidentified. So poor choice of words for OP. As to whether i believe any of those alien races have visited Earth before, i am very much undecided. Some evidence seems to suggest it, whilst on a scientfic level it is pretty much rediculous. Why would aliens come here and then just fly about the sky? Why not say hello? How would said aliens get here?  Even if their technology is greater than our it still takes thousands of years to travel between stars. Unless they can travel faster than light, and i seriously doubt that they could. But it is a nice idea to believe in.
FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By FunExplosions

In the traditional redneck sense, no. So I answered no.

I do believe there are many non-intelligent life-forms out there, though. Possibly some intelligent ones.

Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#28  Edited By Vorbis

No Caption Provided

My heart says... maybe.
CaptainObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By CaptainObvious

Of course I do. In fact, I believe that there are more intelligent life-forms than us. More intelligent because they are not contacting with us.

conker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By conker
@CaptainObvious:
Lmao.
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By AhmadMetallic

I believe that god exists, and god likes to fuck around and play with us and our emotions and realities, therefore everything is possible and anything could exist/happen just as an effect to our life.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#32  Edited By JJOR64

No.

ooofafa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ooofafa

the universe is effing gigantic. there has to be some form of life out there

zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#34  Edited By zanzibarbreeze

Are you guys serial? There is no evidence for UFOs. There is no evidence for aliens.

Now, let's be clear - there are no UFOs. There are no little green men. There is other life out there. Statistically, it has to be that way. But that life is very, very, very likely to just be bacteria. To be honest, I'm kinda taken aback by these poll results. Like, are you kidding me? This stuff belongs in the seventies.

Cwaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#35  Edited By Cwaff

I believe that there are aliens and whatnot, but just not in the form of little grey bug eyed men.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By TheHT
@TheSeductiveMoose said:
this.
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#37  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Nope. But I do like that stuff and find it interesting. Aliens are always cool.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#38  Edited By EpicSteve

I'm sure there's some other civilization out there. They're probably not developed enough in terms of technology to travel in space. Otherwise, why not visit us? Wouldn't they want to see what we could offer in medicine, technology and so on?

SofaKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By SofaKing

The likelihood of extraterrestrial life existing is very high. The likelihood that we'll ever come in contact with any is rather low (and we never have made contact, of course).

Put it this way. Based on what we know about evolution and the laws of the universe, about 1 in 1 billion planets are bound to contain sentient (conscious, like us) life. However, there are an estimated billion billion planets in the universe. So, do the math, and there's bound to be about 1 billion planets containing sentient life (this is all part of what's known as the Drake equation).

So, there's bound to be life out there, but the closest planet with sentient life is probably 1 billion planets away. Get it?

edit: Also, it's extremely unlikely that they look anything like us (humanoid). They probably look like something we can't really imagine.

Organicalistic_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Organicalistic_
@EpicSteve: because our medicine and tech will be the end of us, you have'nt seen the darkside.
dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By dbz1995

WE ARE THE ALIENS

Arjuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Arjuna

In order to travel to another planet that we can even hope can sustain life, or for other life-forms to come here, objects HAVE to be able to travel faster than the speed of light. 

The nearest planet, outside of our solar system, is nearly 11 LIGHTYEARS AWAY!!!  It would take 11 years, AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT, for us to get there! 

Scientists, Albert Einstein in particular, have taught us that NOTHING can travel faster than light!  Most certainly humans CAN NOT!!!  Can you imagine what would happen to your body if you were to reach the speed of light?  You would be exploded into particles and, suffice it to say, you WOULD NOT SURVIVE! 

Alien-life forms most likely exist elsewhere in the universe, but it is scientifically and technologically impossible for us to ever meet each other.

SofaKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By SofaKing

^ Yeah listen to him.

edti: Actually it's not entirely impossible. It's just very unlikely.

edit2: We'd more likely make contact through radio waves than physically. See: Carl Sagan.

fixerofdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By fixerofdeath

I Definately believe in life outside of our own solar system, whether they be oxygen breathing or not who knows. I always found it odd how some people say things like, "You need Oxygen and water to live, how can there be other life in the universe, only Earth has these two resources." How do we, as humans, know that you need this or that in order to have life? Why? Because we have observed this on a couple of planets out of billions or even trillions? I think humans do not have enough knowledge, yet, in order to be sure that life elsewhere doesn't breathe methane or nitrogen, or any of the other likely, hundreds of elements humans have not yet discovered. So yes, I do believe in life elsewhere in the universe, while it be incredibly unlikely that this life has absolutely anything in common with humans, I absolutely believe that live exists somewhere else in the universe, in some shape or form.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#45  Edited By Shadow

Well I do believe in life on other planets, and there are objects in the sky which I can't identify so...yeah?  Do I believe in flying saucers and little green men with a human anal fetish?  Not so much.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By iam3green

yes, i believe there is a thing called aliens and UFOs.

Bionicicide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Bionicicide

Just secret government projects being mistaken as extraterrestrial.

SofaKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By SofaKing

Another neat fact that some may not know is that when we look into the sky and see stars, we're in a sense looking into the past. Those stars are so, so far away that some of them have already, for instance, become supernovas.

Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Kyreo
@TheSeductiveMoose said:
This.
ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By ArchScabby

Hell yeah!  I am a UFO!