Do you drink the leftover milk from your cereal?

• 174 results
Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Poll Do you drink the leftover milk from your cereal? (1187 votes)

I drink the leftover milk 78%
Once the cereal is done I pour the milk away 14%
I don't ever eat cereal and/or just want to see the answers 8%

In what must be, lord willing, clearly just Dan playing the "heel" to rile people up on the internet, he has tweeted a video showing him pouring leftover milk from cereal down the drain and stating that as the "..proper use of cereal milk."

Now naturally some people got kinda upset, if not only because it's kinda wasteful but because it's clearly insane. Almost as insane as thinking that Sunday is the first day of the week, or that figs have whole wasps in them, or a number of other Dan-isms we've come to love and hate in equal measure.

But I pose the question to you Giant Bomb members!

Do you drink your leftover milk? Or is it as someone suggested, simply "gravy for your cereal" that you get rid of when the cereal is done?

Tweet in question:

• 
GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

If you toss that milk out you are a damned monster.

A MONSTER.

Avatar image for arbitrarypocket
ArbitraryPocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By ArbitraryPocket

Never thought there were people who don't drink the left over milk. Ha. Weirdos.

But seriously, it's the best part of the cereal... just give in to your secret desires...

P.S. Watching the video made my hearth ache

AElaias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is compulsory to me as a man of a "conservative" sort of nature not to waste food or drink, as I am blessed that I do not suffer impoverishment. To rid of the milk afterwards would be scornful towards my portion in this world when there are a multitude of people who would beg for a drop of it, as an illustration. And on the plus-side, the remains would satisfy my thirst in lieu of orange juice, thus conserving my resources for another day to be most tasteful.

hakunin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Eff the milk, cereal period is yucky.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

I eat youghurt and cereal and I of course finish any youghurt left. Here in Sweden it is common to eat cereal with youghurt or with something we call "fil" which is basically a very sour non sweet version of youghurt. I've not eaten milk and cereal since I was a kid but I used to finish the milk.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aelaias: Plus these cows get wanked on an industrial scale so to just toss that down the sink seems kinda negligent. I mean, they've got worse things in store.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#158  Edited By Brendan

I don't eat cereal much anymore but HELL YES I DID!

tartyron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good or bad, that is a waste of milk, you wasteful shits! Fucking Millennials!

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Where's the option for "I don't put milk in my cereal"?

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starvinggamer: It's the third option (show me the results) because this thread is about people that either drink the milk or don't drink the milk, without the huge spectrum in between of people that are lactose intolerant, don't eat cereal, prefer yogurt or whatever. In fact I find it baffling as to why someone that doesn't eat cereal would go into a thread, specifically about eating cereal, just to announce that they don't in fact eat cereal.

Although it's a proud tradition on these forums to make a poll and have people show up and say "where is the (very specific life preference) option?"

Avatar image for deactivated-58ca104190dca
deactivated-58ca104190dca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Milk on cereal is the last resort, give me some Greek yogurt.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

@starvinggamer: It's the third option (show me the results) because this thread is about people that either drink the milk or don't drink the milk, without the huge spectrum in between of people that are lactose intolerant, don't eat cereal, prefer yogurt or whatever. In fact I find it baffling as to why someone that doesn't eat cereal would go into a thread, specifically about eating cereal, just to announce that they don't in fact eat cereal.

Although it's a proud tradition on these forums to make a poll and have people show up and say "where is the (very specific life preference) option?"

Where's the option for people who eat cereal dry but while underneath a cow so that they can suckle the milk from the tap between bites?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hatking said:
@humanity said:

Where's the option for people who eat cereal dry but while underneath a cow so that they can suckle the milk from the tap between bites?

OF course they flush the entire cow down an industrial sink if there is any milk leftover in the udders when the cereal is gone because thats just gross leftover udder milk, not fresh I'm-eating-right-now milk which is completely different.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By Shindig

@humanity said:

Not a fan of soy milk or is that still a no go? I got confused for a second and couldn't figure out whether that was solely a vegan option or one for lactose intolerant dudes.

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

What I've always done is pour a bowl of milk and then kept the box of cereal near me as I ate. I'd dump out a thin layer of cereal on top of the milk, eat that, then dump another layer, and then eat that. That way, you don't get that nasty cereal mush and salty-sugary milk. Every bite is crunchy and delicious.

I also haven't eaten cereal in over two decades, so maybe they scienced up a chemical coating that allows every last piece of cereal to remain crispy as if it were the first bite.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

No Caption Provided

Why would the calendar be structured like this if the first day of the week wasn't Sunday

February isn't the first month of the year

Yes, I am aware of the differences in weeks and months across different countries and cultures

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#170  Edited By StarvingGamer

@humanity: Sometimes people just want to be involved

forkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#172  Edited By forkboy

It's fine. Throwing it down the drain would be wasteful.

billmcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 6

Heck yeah, I do! Especially if it is chocolate or colored milk

Lucri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I chuck that room temperature milk which is full of cereal soot down the dang drain cause yuck cereal milk.

Avatar image for bombadjarjarfan
bombadjarjarfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By bombadjarjarfan

Man hath become beast.

When the cereal is gone, I have cinnamon toast milk.

Who am I to throw away such treasure?

Rodin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

The left over milk is like a bonus prize for starting the day right with the most important meal of the day, and since i don't have cereal very often I always have extra milk in my cereal and sometimes have a second bowl with the same milk to make the taste even better at the end.

Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Solution for all involved, do what I do and stop ruining your cereal with milk.

JRM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gross.

Dray2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#179  Edited By Dray2k

Yes of course I drink the leftover milk since its logical to drink it. It's bad to throw things away you have consumed a second ago without any bad concious. Not having bigger parts in your cereal in your milk doesn't mean that the milk suddenly is bad. I can understand that some people don't like to taste "too-much" sweet flavor for whatever reason though.

After all, if you still have cereal inside the milk so you automatically drink the milk anyway by picking up the cereal, not only that but the taste of the milk is similar to the taste of the cereal itself. The milk suddenly doesn't cease in quality after you've eaten all the bigger parts of the cereal also. Not only that, you still pick up "the small stuff" with your Spoon which are inside your milk while eating your cereal. So no matter what you're doing, you drink the cereal-milk anyway, throwing it away seems like a wasteful process so why not just drink it fully as long as you don't think that milk is disgusting? With this said there comes another question, why put milk on your cereal if you think that milk is not for you?

I also thought milk was gross when I was younger and didn't touched it for years. So naturally back when I was a Kid I didn't even want to put it on my cereal since I thought it was disgusting but you know, times change.

However, you're nothing but a full-blown heathen if you believe eating eggs is wrong. Thats where we should draw the line! Fite me, duders.

EDIT: Disclaimer, this is a joke post you guys :P. But still, don't throw things away you find and still are perfectly digestable if you still have the appetite.