Do you think this could be possible for a tv to do?

Austin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Austin

Do you think a TV could have wireless HDMI, Component, or AV input? I ask this becuase we just got a $999.99 46" 1080p Samsung at BestBuy. We got the mount and have it on the wall, but the damn wires still show and it looks tacky. Do you think they can make a wireless technology for inputs such as the ones mentioned above? For example, instead of hooking up your PS3's HDMI cable to the TV. Could the PS3 connect wirelessly to the tv using hdmi?

If they released this tech at this past CES 2009 I love love to buy it.

rexualhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By rexualhealing

One day, the technology will be available. It'll be years from now though.

I'm sure there's some kind of product that'll do it through radio waves or something, but it's probably expensive and will probably give you horrible video quality. I'd love to be wrong though.

AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By AndrewGaspar

I think there are some TVs/Projectors that get their inputs from a wireless source, but lag could be a problem.

Austin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Austin
AndrewGaspar said:
"I think there are some TVs/Projectors that get their inputs from a wireless source, but lag could be a problem."
Damn, that's the hate about wireless enabled devices, they lag. If they made the wireless inputs into a bluetooth technology do you think it will still lag? B/C my ps3 controllers or bluetooth cell phone head set never lags.
gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator
rexualhealing said:
"One day, the technology will be available. It'll be years from now though.

I'm sure there's some kind of product that'll do it through radio waves or something, but it's probably expensive and will probably give you horrible video quality. I'd love to be wrong though."

I have to second everything this man said. Although now and then there is the odd seemingly-magic, brilliant product you can find on the internet which you can import from somewhere, don't hold your breath though.
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Karmum
Austin said:
"Do you think a TV could have wireless HDMI, Component, or AV input? I ask this becuase we just got a $999.99 46" 1080p Samsung at BestBuy. We got the mount and have it on the wall, but the damn wires still show and it looks tacky. Do you think they can make a wireless technology for inputs such as the ones mentioned above? For example, instead of hooking up your PS3's HDMI cable to the TV. Could the PS3 connect wirelessly to the tv using hdmi?

If they released this tech at this past CES 2009 I love love to buy it."
Uh, not anytime soon. By anytime soon, I mean at least 10 years and beyond.
Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Optiow

yeah it will happen eventually.

Osietra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Osietra

With the tentacle problem, I painted a sea scene on the wall, and the wires look a bit like seaweed.

Problem solved. But yeah, a wireless tv would be super-sweet, but its a while away for us normal folk.

Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Kohe321

I doubt playing games on such a tv/projector would be awesome. Wireless stuff has a bad habit of having a lot of input lag... And I'd imagine that it would be substantial considering all the information that has to be streamed constantly. But who knows, I might be completely wrong.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By StaticFalconar

Its possible, but not a for long ass time.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By Meowayne

What the fuck are you all talking about? There already is Wireless HDMI, and has been for some time. Wireless short-range high definition transfer has been possible since 2005, wireless simple AV even longer.

WHDMI-stations are around $200. TVs with built-in WHDMI will most probably be available quite soon. There already are, but the technology is still pretty shaky.

http://www.ramelectronics.net/wireless/wireless-hdmi/c50000-c50008.html

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Karmum
Meowayne said:
"What the fuck are you all talking about? There already is Wireless HDMI, and has been for some time. Wireless short-range high definition transfer has been possible since 2005, wireless simple AV even longer.

WHDMI-stations are around $200. TVs with built-in WHDMI will most probably be available quite soon. There already are, but the technology is still pretty shaky.

http://www.ramelectronics.net/wireless/wireless-hdmi/c50000-c50008.html

"
Yeah, but how long until it will be available with most of the TVs, and when will it be reliable? I'll pass.