Does any one else think that Caprica is garbage?

therabidfrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By therabidfrog

I'll give it a few more episodes before I make a final judgment, but last nights episode seemed engineered to be boring to any one who doesn't have an unhealthy love of teen aged girls in skimpy dresses.

I enjoyed the pilot episode (except for the incredibly dumb revelation that the Taurons are space Italians). but I couldn't wait for the last episode to be over. You know a show sucks when they do a flash forward preview during the commercials, and the most interesting scene they can pick out is two people looking at each other.

nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By nanikore

Even though I'll most likely be treated to a lmgtfy for saying this, what the fuck is Caprica?

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By ryanwho

Yep. All the preview footage I saw for it screamed "Enterprise". Their mantra seemed to be "scifi for people who don't like scifi" and Im like "okay, but what about the people who like it, you know, the ones who followed the last show?"  
Thing about this compromise of theres is, okay, you've got a family teen drama basically taking place in a sort of near future earthlike planet. The people who enjoy the family teen drama bullshit don't get anything out of the other elements so what's gained for them? Meanwhile the people who enjoy scifi really only get a vaguely scifi framing device for a family teen drama. Who the fuck is this show for, seriously?

therabidfrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By therabidfrog
@nanikore said:
" Even though i'll most likely be treated to a lmgtfy for saying this, what the fuck is Caprica? "
The soap opera spin-off of Battlestar Galactica.
nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By nanikore
@therabidfrog said:
" @nanikore said:
" Even though i'll most likely be treated to a lmgtfy for saying this, what the fuck is Caprica? "
The soap opera spin-off of Battlestar Galactica. "
That sounds terrible.
AltonBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AltonBrown

It's abysmal.

therabidfrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By therabidfrog

All that and there's this creepy hyper sexual vibe based around what I'm sure are 16 year old girls.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By mikemcn
@nanikore said:

"Even though i'll most likely be treated to a lmgtfy for saying this, what the fuck is Caprica? "

Its the prequel to Battlestar Galactica, it talks about the invention of the Cylons.

its pretty fruity, and there are a million things i dont understand. 

-"The robot tried  to escape, and then it BIT THE INTERNS FINGER OFF, but they didn't tell anyone, they didn't even say, "hey, something must have glitched and caused the robot to cut off my buddys finger, might be a problem, i don't know, maybe you should check it out." 
- He put his daughter in the most terrifying robotic android possible, that thing doesn't look cuddly, at least put her in the little servent robot thing, that way you can hug it and not feel like your hugging terminator.  
-What is the whole thing with the headmistress of the school and her husband? 
-They gave the robot a gun...... why? They don't even have that level of AI for anything, why would they immediately make the jump to building a war machine rather then maybe using the AI as an aide or a servant or soemthing.  
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ryanwho

Its just a mess. With BSG you had two things sort of coalescing, military drama and scifi. The reason it worked was because the people who like one often also like the other. You've got these two big circles and they overlap in the middle, and that's BSG's audience. Do these two circles in Caprica even touch each other? Who's watching Grey's Anatomy and thinking "I wish there were more self aware robots"?

Noodles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Noodles

I'm loving the show so far, but you know 'opinions' etc. etc. It will get better as the show progresses, just like BSG. I didn't really get hooked on BSG until 6 or 7 episodes in, I guess the miniseries and pilot didn't really do it for me.

therabidfrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By therabidfrog
@ryanwho said:
" Its just a mess. With BSG you had two things sort of coalescing, military drama and scifi. The reason it worked was because the people who like one often also like the other. You've got these two big circles and they overlap in the middle, and that's BSG's audience. Do these two circles in Caprica even touch each other? Who's watching Grey's Anatomy and thinking "I wish there were more self aware robots"? "
LOL. What I liked most about BSG was that it was unpredictable. They were forced to make tough choices and they did what they had to to survive (except for the latter half of the fourth season which was also garbage). It was a seriously refreshing change from all the hand holding "we're in your face with our moronic political correctness" that's most television dramas. It definitely took Sci Fi to another level in terms of subject matter, but Grey's Anatomy with self aware robots... lol. Too good.
MrPickles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By MrPickles

I had some hopes for Caprica, but alas, dissapointment delivered me a swift kick in the balls. =/
StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By StarFoxA

I started watching the pilot and got so bored that I had to turn it off.

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ninjakiller

Haven't watched it yet.  I'll catch up in a couple weeks when I can watch 3-4 episodes in a row.  Some shows need to be watched in this manner and I'm thinking this is one of them. 

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MarkWahlberg

Commercials led me to have absolutely no interest in this show. BSG was pretty weak at the end, and this seems to have none of the qualities that made me like BSG.

Jeffery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jeffery

What in holy damn fuck is Caprica?

therabidfrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By therabidfrog
@MarkWahlberg said:
" Commercials led me to have absolutely no interest in this show. BSG was pretty weak at the end, and this seems to have none of the qualities that made me like BSG. "
It completely lacks any of the qualities of that made BSG good.
skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#18  Edited By skrutop

Just watched the pilot.  Holy hell, that was painful to watch.