• 116 results
FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By FLStyle

UPDATE: Episode 1 is now subbed and online!

No Caption Provided

The final nail in the coffin of GT!

What would you like to see from DBS (looks weird typing that)? More DB style humour? More DBZ transformations? Would you make someone else the main character? What enemies can stand up to Goku and Vegeta at this point?

I'd love it if there were some similar aspects to the fan comic DB Multiverse.

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Dragonball loremaster Vinny will be pleased.

Pierre42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

A Super Saiyan Woman.

More Muscles

GabrielCantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This could actually be cool. Akira Toriyama because even slightly involved gives me way more hope for it, and if it can strike the balance between DB goofiness and DBZ fights like the recent movies have, I'm all for it.

Funimation has also been doing this thing where they dub shows as they're airing in Japan, so here's hoping they do that for this since I cannot watch Japanese DBZ (though a ton of the English VAs are different now too, sadly).

wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I somewhat enjoyed DBZ Battle of Gods, even though there wasn't really enough fighting in it for my tastes. I really don't like how much they've weakened Gohan through all this as well; I know he hasn't kept up with his martial arts after the Buu saga but still! At one point in the lead-up manga for Resurrection 'F', he wasn't even sure if he could turn Super Saiya-jin anymore... :/

It seems weird as they're going to have to make enemies stronger than even Buu at this point, which would be odd as he was supposed to be the most feared force in the universe. Granted, I guess they already retconned that somewhat by introducing Beerus in the Battle of Gods movie. I'm cautiously optimistic that it'll be good... hopefully it will be better than the start of GT (I never got that far into GT tbh.)

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

HOLY CRAP.

Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

How about main characters that arn't Goku that would be nice. That short run before the Buu stuff where it focused on Gohan was super interesting but apparently the fans over in japan were too pissy about that.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Well, guess I'll have a new anime to watch.

Avatar image for deactivated-66361f5b4a584
deactivated-66361f5b4a584

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Needs more Mr Satan. The Z fighters really don't treat him with the respect he deserves, he IS the strongest in the universe and beat both Cell and Buu. Also, Bruce Faulconer.

redyoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why the hell not. Goku's gotta eat.

mackgyver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Finally.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

@flstyle: What GT? There was never a Dragonball series called GT, you must have been having a bad dream.

Also, this is great news.

boboblaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah this is cool news. It'll be interesting what format they go with and which characters are the main ones, I'm guessing Goku and Vegeta as per usual but those dudes are like in their 50s or very close to it in the current timeline. As long as Toriyama is involved in it I can be optimistic. I think their biggest problem is finding situations and enemies strong enough to take on Goku since hes a God now.

It'd be neat if they focus on the new generation (Goten, Trunks and Pan) but I doubt they'll do that.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

There's just not enough Dragonball in the world I suppose.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

Finally. I hope they continue the trend of everyone being losers except for Goku.

No Caption Provided

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#16  Edited By s-a-n-JR

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.

You know, I thought i'd outgrown Dragon Ball. Apparently not, because I'm pretty excited now. Didn't see that coming.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By Aegon

I don't want the Z warriors again. Different characters, different setting, more mature / dramatic story. For example, maybe someone in the future who's a descendant of Goku struggles with the discovery of his or her Saiyan powers and at the same time has to deal with some sort of crisis. It's cliche, but it has potential. Or go further in time and set it on a new Saiyan planet maybe? I don't know...I doubt they'd be able to do either of these with the necessary tact.

I enjoyed Dragon Ball as a kid, but I don't think I could go back to that unless there's some major, smart, innovative twist on it.

Poonz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm curious to see where they go storyline wise with it. Who the next big bads are? But I'll wait like 20 episodes in to start watching it. That way I don't have to see it drag out so much.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

As someone who thought the Dragon Ball manga was pretty great and the anime was bad I don't see any reason to be interested in this. I mean they already made a non-canon anime series called GT and it was bad, are they trying to redo that one?

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want a dub with as much of the original cast as possible and I want the entire score done by Bruce Faulconer.

Loading Video...

I know this probably won't be the case, but that soundtrack is as much of what DBZ was to me as the characters and story were.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#21  Edited By Brendan

Even by the end of Dragon Ball Z the characters became so powerful that continuing on that same path sounds pretty boring. At some point with power fantasy anime there just isn't anywhere left to go that's interesting. I am curious as to whether this will slot in between Z and GT or whether there will be an official announcement that GT is not considered cannon anymore.

Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theblue: Yes. Absolutely yes. Those voices and that music are iconic.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I knew this was coming. It was only a matter of time.

It's going to be stupid as hell and I'll love it. Just wish Faulconer would come out of retirement and do the soundtrack.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Hah, that's great. Also:

http://37.media.tumblr.com/8891c2a9bc623c001f88db20badd39b9/tumblr_mpc5usu10U1s20ivko1_500.gif

Yelix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By Yelix

@pierre42 said:

A Super Saiyan Woman.

More Muscles

Yes, yes, yes. The best thing about Xenoverse was being able to make a cool Super Saiyan lady.

Also echoing the pro-Faulconer sentiments, though that's definitely not going to happen.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty awesome, I would have loved this 10 years ago. I'm not sure how much I would enjoy DB as an adult though.

Also wondering if GT is considered canon, if so they would be pretty limited on crazy transformations and characters deaths.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#27  Edited By GERALTITUDE

Keep em coming, I say.

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I knew they HAD to have something planned since DB kai is ending soon.

Young_Scott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Young_Scott

Relaying some thoughts from elsewhere: with Toriyama overseeing it, and the better balancing between early-Dragon Ball humour and epic fights we had in Battle of Gods (maybe slightly less so in Resurrection of F), I'm (very) cautiously optimistic about this. We know it takes place after those and Z, but I wonder if it'll last long enough to completely eliminate the anime-only GT from the timeline (which wasn't really canon, anyway, despite Toriyama supposedly contributing one or two design ideas).

If I had to guess, I suspect a large portion of the plot will concern the revelation from Battle of Gods that everything that happened in Dragon Ball/Z took place in only one of the twelve (!) total universes. It'll also be interesting to see if Toriyama incorporates any story elements that he used for Dragon Ball Minus, Xenoverse or the now-defunct Dragon Ball Online (such as the altered back-story for Bardock, the Time Patrol, or Son Gohan writing a book about Ki use for the general population of Earth), though most of those ideas happened way later in the timeline.

It's a shame to already hear people on Kotaku and elsewhere complaining about Masako Nozawa returning as Son Goku. It's fine if you don't think the actress suits "TOUGH MANLY Goku", but for many of us who watched her throughout DB/Z, she is Son Goku. You'll probably get it dubbed with Sean Schemmel anyway, so I don't know what the problem is; nobody seems to care that Luffy is voiced by a woman, and that character is practically a modern day Son Goku, anyway.

Personally, I'm disappointed that we haven't heard anything about Shunsuke Kikiuchi (original primary composer for DB/Z/the early movies in Japan) bringing back his iconic score, but I guess he is 83, now. He didn't do anything new for Kai. And I'm not surprised at how many American fans want Faulconer back (his BGM wasn't to my taste, especially when you consider the context of the original DB series, though I understand why people like it), but... sorry, he was only ever hired in the first place because dubbing was very different back then ("THEM KIDS LOVE THE TECHNO ROCK" and "Screw accuracy! We can't have silence here!"), so I suspect Funimation is more than happy to just use any new Japanese BGM. On the plus side, I hear Funimation's dubs are more accurate these days?

Anyway, yes. Cautiously optimistic.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Initial Reaction: What? Really?

Secondary Reaction: alright, I'll watch it.

Lord_Anime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

HYPE! no really just look at my username :D

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Ravelle

A new series with the animation of Battle of The Gods makes me super psyched. My inner Dragonball fanboy will be around for quite a while longer.

Zapbrader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think they struck at something good during the last half of the Buu arc when they started focusing solely on Goku and Vegeta as the main characters. I would be fine if they stuck with that for this new series.

UncleDisco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#34  Edited By UncleDisco

They should just start the new series with killing off everybody except Yamcha. And then he is the only person who can save the world.

Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering I'm pretty deep into GT (49 of 64 episodes) I'll be interested where this goes.

boboblaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@young_scott: Yeah my big hope is that it somehow eliminates the GT timeline although GT is so far in the future it doesn't sound like it will.

I also agree that it'd be super interesting to go in the direction mentioned in your spoilers. Its been emphasized more so in XV (Great game and story) and possibly its the only way they can introduce interesting situations and enemies that are on par or close to Goku and Vegetas power.

Kinda wondering if they'll give any attention to the other main characters that have kinda become side characters since the end of Z. Gohan and Piccolo look like they may have 'retired' but prehaps more on Trunks, Goten and even Pan. I hope they age Trunks and Goten a bit as well since they have looked the same since Z ended, despite the fact BotG and RoF take place a couple of years after DBZ ended.

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I tried going to back to DB after I turned 18 and I realized its 100% nostalgia. The show is poorly written, the combat is poorly done, the villains are all equally dumb, the protagonists all unbearably annoying, I was rooting for Bu to just kill everyone in DBZ. So no i'm not excited for more, I probably will wind up watching it but I am fairly certain you can't make lemonade out of bad apples :P.

villainy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf47a52ab2a3
deactivated-5bf47a52ab2a3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@villainy: I never asked for this.

But I'm glad it exists.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku and Vegeta too old to save the world, they're weaksauce now. Goten and Trunks replace Gohan's role, and Gohan becomes the new Goku.. Majin Buu for comic relief and Uub fills in Krillin's role. Bam.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With all of the GT stuff in Xenoverse I didn't think they would just completely kill it like this

I'm excited though

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

With all of the GT stuff in Xenoverse I didn't think they would just completely kill it like this

I'm excited though

Might as well get some extra content out of GT while they can right? I personally won't be paying money for any XV DLC but it seems like a good idea content-wise to do GT.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hypnotoadbrwowrowrow said:

Goku and Vegeta too old to save the world, they're weaksauce now. Goten and Trunks replace Gohan's role, and Gohan becomes the new Goku.. Majin Buu for comic relief and Uub fills in Krillin's role. Bam.

Oh if only this would happen.

SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

@mentaldisruption said:

Just kidding, some magician turns Vegeta into a rabbit and Goku into an otter... Gohan has to save the day, but oh no, sentient clouds are attacking.. it turns out nature is turning sentient and preparing to wipe out all of humanity. Too bad Goten and Trunks have to worry about midterms.

/newGTsaga

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

The rumor that's been floating about over the past year was that Akira Toriyama was going to re-visit the Dragon Ball universe in manga form and the story was suppose to revolve around Goku traveling the other universes with Beerus and Whis (the god of destruction and his assistant from the 2013 film Battle of the Gods) in search of the o.g Super Saiyan God. The series was suppose to be less fight heavy and more on the travel exploration side. I could possibly see this as a good idea about where the series might possibly go for the anime. With Jaco The Galactic Patrolman getting new life recently by Toriyama in manga and in the Revival F movie, I wouldn't mind him maybe playing more of an important role in the new anime.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mentaldisruption said:

Just kidding, some magician turns Vegeta into a rabbit and Goku into an otter... Gohan has to save the day, but oh no, sentient clouds are attacking.. it turns out nature is turning sentient and preparing to wipe out all of humanity. Too bad Goten and Trunks have to worry about midterms.

/newGTsaga

Can the rabbit and otter fuse through the process of the earings and or the dance? This is important info.

SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_stay_puft:Of course they're going inter-universal travel. There's only so many all powerful things you can do in a series featuring all powerful people... Space travel. check. Heavens. Time travel. check. Gods. Check. Inter-universal travel. Check. The only other thing they'll have to do after that is travel to other dimensions... or is that the same thing... hm...

@mentaldisruption: don't be ridiculous...

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Bocam
Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After reading through the comments I realized that I don't know what the fuck Dragonball is anymore. I know the original and Z back to front, and I have a general knowledge of GT, but you are all speaking alien words. Who the hell are these characters, what 12 universes, whatwhatwhat??

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By I_Stay_Puft