(Electric) Guitar Duders

• 50 results
Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@wynnduffy: Arpeggios. Yeah. Metal is mostly single-note leads and chugging rhythms. Arpeggios sound better clean, so metal bands save them for the rare, slow, clean song. They will really help your picking technique.

This is good for practicing arpeggios:

Loading Video...

It's the same pattern over and over and only three different chords. You have to use your left hand pinky a lot too which is one that always needs exercising.

In the end, whatever keeps you playing is what you should be playing.

WynnDuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By WynnDuffy

@sinusoidal: Thanks for the info! I want to play some cleaner music soon because of a certain purchase: Today I decided to cancel my Nintendo Switch and sink money into a Focusrite and new pickups. I picked (no pun intended) the Seymour Duncan '59 neck and Duncan Black Winter for my bridge. I've heard great things about both of these pickups.

I was hyped for the Switch but ultimately I'd rather sink money into my guitar. It's just a more satisfying hobby...and Zelda can only last for so long.

I was thinking of buying an amplifier with more features/tones, but I might be moving country later this year and I don't want to have to sell the amp at a loss, I can take the Focusrite with me easily! I was using the Rocksmith cable before but it doesn't sound that great through amp modeling software.