Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

Listening to Paul describe how his germaphobia began with his coworker mixing cream cheese with bare hands on the Very Ryckert Bonus Podcast made me remember the origin of a very long phase of OCD in my childhood and how it began.

The OCD in question? Having to take the same path back to where I came from. So If I went to go get an object by going left of the table and then right of the chair, blah blah, I would have to come back that very same way. I eventually grew out of most of it, but to this day I still get bothered when I end up doing a full 360 for whatever reason, I feel the need to reverse the 360 back before going on with whatever I'm doing (I'll usually doing it inconspicuously if other people are around and its reallyyy bothering me lol). Origin of my OCD? Get this: I was like 7 or 8 years old when I watched an episode of Power Rangers and some villain reversed time which meant seeing a B-roll of everyone reversing their course... didn't think much about it at the time but then I kept getting those uncomfortable feelings if I returned with a different route..

EDIT: Now that I think about it, there's a wifes tale in Bosnian culture that if you step over somebody and don't step BACK over them that they will stop growing in height. I never had a problem with this but my older sister was vehement about me stepping back over her if I ever did it lol

SO! What are some origins to your OCDs and Phobias?