Favorite Horror Movie?

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By ArchScabby

I would say that most horror movies are complete garbage, but every once in a while you get a really amazing one.

My favorite is probably The Thing.  It's an amazing movie, if you haven't seen it you should.  Seriously don't watch any other movie until you see it.
I also like The Shining, right behind in second place.

TheNakedAnt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TheNakedAnt

The Shining. 

Greatest horror film ever.

Avatar image for thelawnwrangler
TheLawnWrangler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By TheLawnWrangler

28 Days Later. It's more than a horror movie, but none the less, is an awesome one.

XanderCrews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By XanderCrews

I've always been a fan of the Phantasm movies. I know there not the greatest movies but I like them.

The best I've seen from the modern horror movies would be Hatchet, or either Behind the Mask.

generalmolotov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By generalmolotov
@TheNakedAnt said:
" The Shining.  Greatest horror film ever. "
Agreed. 

I also liked "The Others", and "The 6th Sense", until someone spoiled the ending for me. 
Many great new zombie movies as well...I love them zombies...
thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By thatfrood

The Shining is not a good movie. The only thing that saves it is Jack Nicholson's performance.
Otherwise, that movie is almost sinfully retarded, as are pretty much all of Stephen King's horror movies.

Hausu is pretty great. :P
That, or as others have said, The Thing is great.
Also, Invasion of the Body Snatchers is very good. (I prefer the 1978 version over the older original, but both are great)

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#7  Edited By Undeadpool
@ArchScabby:  
Oh DUDE! "The Thing" is totally my go-to horror movie too. I remember watching it in high school with a bunch of friends and for the rest of the week, NONE of us trusted one another. Whenever someone asks me why I find that movie so scary, I just say "It made me absolutely distrust my closest friends for a week."
Avatar image for deactivated-5b6c667dde711
deactivated-5b6c667dde711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 5

@ArchScabby said:
" I would say that most horror movies are complete garbage, but every once in a while you get a really amazing one.

My favorite is probably The Thing.  It's an amazing movie, if you haven't seen it you should.  Seriously don't watch any other movie until you see it. I also like The Shining, right behind in second place. "
Love you. I love The Thing, originally saw it one night on a Foxtel channel when I was staying up later than I should. Watched it twice more during the next school holidays I had that year.
LordCrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By LordCrom

Wow!  Where to start.  XanderCrews is rocking it right with the mention of Phantasm.  Excellent classic!  If your going to mention Phantasm you absolutely have to bring up Bubba Ho-Tep.  ArchScabby nailed another good one with The Thing.  Glad I've seen it already, otherwise I wouldn't be able to see another film until I tracked it down. :D  GeneralMolotov and I are of the same mind when it comes to Zombies.  That being the case I am going to recommend the original Dawn of the Dead, instant classic.  A Nightmare on Elm Street, let's hope the sequel is decent.  By mentioning Nightmare I feel the need to through out the original Scream, Wes Craven knocking it out of the park more than once.  Nofx4208 knows themselve some high quality horror films with the mention of 28 Days Later.  Causing me to want to throw in a little Shaun of the Dead.  Nothing wrong with a little Comedy mixed in with your horror.  Just take a look at Evil Dead II to get a quality taste of that and to see why Bruce Campbell is a god.  hehe  Possibly the greatest and most classic horror film of all time......The Exorcist.  Has me thinking a tiny bit about The Blair Witch project.  If for no other reason than that final scene.  Can't mention Blair Witch without supporting GeneralMolotov's recommendation of The 6th Sense.  Fantastic ending and was competing for box office dollars at the exact same time as the Witch.  An American Werewolf in London still to this day has the greatest creature effects on film.  A ton of others, far too many to mention in one post.  Looking forward to seeing others recommendations.

Clembo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By Clembo

The Shining.

I really dislike some films that fall under the bracket of horror without being scary.  Oh so you've gone and made a torture film and can't find a borad enough brush to tar another genre with?  Stick it in horror, nobody knows what it means anyway so long as the DVD cover contains black and scatterings of red it'll fit the bill.

djz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By djz

The Shining or the Strangers.

All the good horror movies begin with The.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By c1337us

All my favorites have been mentioned already. The Thing and The Shining in particular.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By EVO

Apocalypto. I consider it a horror.

HellBrendy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By HellBrendy

A norwegian movie called Villmark (translates to something like "wilderness" or something). It's so god damn eerie and creepy in all the right ways. A group of people are heading for a trip in the woods before they are starting to make their new teelvisionshow, only to find a dead girl in the water and a tent that looks deserted.

wwfundertaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 25

#15  Edited By wwfundertaker

Hellraiser series.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers