i tried it out firefox 4 and its definately an improvement though

Jotun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Jotun

Didn't know it was out today. I'll check it out now.

endless_void

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By endless_void

Its stunning, much faster than any other browser Ive ever used and it has a much better interface than chrome/IE. Its still fully customizable and has plenty of other features like the add-ons menu is gorgeous. Definitely the best browser once again after a few years of downtime (in comparison to chrome).

It also doesn't steal your personal information or update in the background like chrome does either ;)

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

It still aint chrome.

Tiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Tiwi

My Internet has been shit for the last few days, and I've had some issues when putting my laptop to "hibernation" and then restoring it. seems it will only work when i reset my comp after being in hibernation.... not really ideal for me, having to close and open my comp multiple times during a day.
I like the design much better tho, and here's to hoping my problems are resolved soon.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MikkaQ

I've switched to it from RockMelt which is a modified version of chrome with facebook and twitter integration and stuff. It had so many great ideas but was slower than molasses, a real system hog.

Trying Firefox 4 now, it's pretty snappy, though I haven't used FF in a while, been sticking to Safari and Chrome as of late. 

UI is such shit though compared to other browsers... it just feels a bit dated. I don't like the look, it doesn't "Fit" with my mac. But that's a minor minor gripe, for the most part, I'm enjoying it. I'll probably play with it for another week.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By myke_tuna

I love it. I was about to go Chrome, but I decided to try out the Firefox 4 beta version(s). And now that it's out, I'm still rocking it. I like the speed increase and the new interface. Ultimately though, I think Chrome is gonna come out on top. I just want to delay that as long as possible.

Nurve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Nurve

It's great, I love the screen space.

Avatar image for christiancastillo
ChristianCastillo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Speed compares to chrome but I really have no incentive to switch from chrome back to firefox... I may have to check out the addons though, that's one of the main things I really like about it back in the day.  (While I write this I have both browsers open, multitasking.)

moelarrycurly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By moelarrycurly

Firefox 4 RC has crashed on me a couple of times, so I'm going to stick with Chrome until the final version is out.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Barrock

Does it ask you if you want to "Obliterate your browsing data from the beginning of time."? 

zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#14  Edited By zyn

I don't like the way when you type, say "Giant Bomb" on the location bar (awesome bar), you don't get sent directly to the website, but you get a Google search result.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By alternate

A bigger question would for me is : Have they fixed the memory leak?  I am sick of having to restart the browser when it accumulated over a gig of RAM.

Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Vextroid

Im really enjoying FF4, at first I didn't like how they copied Chrome with the tabs at the top.( I'm just used to tabs under the address bar).
But i'ts growing on me.

The big main 'Firefox' button is nice and neat.

There is still a few issues but hopefully most of the remaining bugs are ironed out for the final release.

mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mnzy
Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Vextroid
@mnzy said:
" @Vextroid: It is final.

Also, this thread is missing this great link. "
Its still a release candiate: Firefox 4 RC2. That means its not technically the final "stable" release right?
MegaMetaTurtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By MegaMetaTurtle

Anyone know how to get right of that annoying status bar that keeps popping up :S

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#20  Edited By Skald

It looks more Mac-like than Chrome, but I still like Chrome better.

Meltac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Meltac

Hm, I'm not sure yet.. I do like my Chrome.

mrv321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By mrv321

Well I've found a nice use for the app bar, we all have this problem, constant pages, the ones we never close.. giantbomb, youtube and N4G for me. When I have a lot of uncommon tabs open like the odd screened article and wikipedia my screen fills up, this quickly removes 3 or 4 large taps from the equation. Making tabs less cluttered. I also have google docs up their, I might just finish some work now.

Is there a way to make it so when in giantbomb when you click a link to another website it opens a new tab???

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By onarum
@MattyFTM said:
" It still aint chrome. "
And I love that fact, Chrome (aka Malware that everyone likes for some reason) can go to hell for all I care.

Also I'm loving Firefox 4, was using 3.6 until today (I usually don't try beta software), so it took a little getting used to but now I got the hang of the new stuff, it still seem to be a bit of a memory hog though (207MB with 4 tabs open), but the start up speed and general browsing speed is greatly improved.

The only possible way I'll ever stop using Firefox is if Mozilla disappears, no one takes the helm and new html, css etc features stop being supported because of the lack of updates, then I'll switch to Opera and if opera meets the same fate it'll have to be *shivers* IE *shivers*, and if for some reason M$ goes bankrupt (fat chance) or just give's up IE I'll just stop browsing the internet.
canucks23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By canucks23
@mrv321 said:

" Is there a way to make it so when in giantbomb when you click a link to another website it opens a new tab??? "

Click in with the scroll wheel on a link and it'll open in a new tab, if that's what you're asking.
mrv321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By mrv321
@canucks23 said:
" @mrv321 said:
" Is there a way to make it so when in giantbomb when you click a link to another website it opens a new tab??? "
Click in with the scroll wheel on a link and it'll open in a new tab. "
No scroll wheel, can't be bothered using cntrl.. to far away...
canucks23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By canucks23
@mrv321 said:
" @canucks23 said:
" @mrv321 said:
No scroll wheel, can't be bothered using cntrl.. to far away... "
well then no? Why bother asking if you already know how to do it, but are just to lazy to?
mrv321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By mrv321
@canucks23 said:
" @mrv321 said:
" @canucks23 said:
" @mrv321 said:
No scroll wheel, can't be bothered using cntrl.. to far away... "
well then no? Why bother asking if you already know how to do it, but are just to lazy to? "
Well, most sites when you click an external link take you away, giantbomb, is mostly localized so I don't click away too often, when I do, it's a sloght inconvience to click back hit control reload the web page. I was WONDERIGN if it was a setting, more than anything. Tested for example has both localized and other wbesites linked identically, while it makes the article look good, it doesn't half get annoying, navigating to or from a webpage. I think it's just the way I've always used the internet, my first week of giantbomb, lef me to losing so many thread, simply because I'd click a link get to a webpage read article and because of my nature close article... forgetting it's linked to giantbomb, so I'd have to get it all back up again, this is espacilly annoying after seach for threads. It happens less but I mustn't be the only one who clicks something cloese it down then wonders where giantbomb has gone.
Thoseposers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#28  Edited By Thoseposers

Seems to me Chrome fans are a lot like Apple fans these days

FinalCut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#29  Edited By FinalCut

I've been tinkering around with it all day but I still think that Chrome is the fastest and most efficient browser right now. It's a big step forward but Chrome still holds my top spot for browsers which now goes: Chrome > Safari&Firefox > Opera > IE9.   

I really like the improvements though, the tab as an 'app' concept is really cool and the speed increase is quite noticeable. I still however hate restarting Firefox whenever I install new add-ons. I can see myself keeping Chrome as my default browser for quite some time still for both the speed and the simple fact that the updates are seamless and are good at keeping pace with security/performance issues.

Also, if anyone is using Chrome and wants a few extension/add-on suggestions here are a few of my favourites: 

- FasterChrome 
- AdBlock Plus (Beta) 
- Ghostery 

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By toowalrus

I liked 3.5 better, mainly because I had about a dozen bookmarks right under the URL bar, that were just the little icons, I miss that. I still like the downloadin' better than Chrome though, so I'll probably come back to Firefox whenever I'm downloading something.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#31  Edited By FLStyle

I didn't like Chrome and FF4 has cemented itself as my browser of choice.

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#32  Edited By Akeldama
@MattyFTM said:
" It still aint chrome. "
Could not have said this better myself.
Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Afroman269

I tried it for a couple hours, then uninstalled it. I'm still happy with my choice of leaving FF for Chrome.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#34  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

I use FF. Is it still a fucking memory hog?  Seems I need at 
least 8G RAM to have it running smoothly.

I'll wait a month before switching to FF 4.  Let others work 
out the bugs so I won't have to deal with them later.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#35  Edited By lego_my_eggo
@TooWalrus said:
" I liked 3.5 better, mainly because I had about a dozen bookmarks right under the URL bar, that were just the little icons, I miss that. I still like the downloadin' better than Chrome though, so I'll probably come back to Firefox whenever I'm downloading something. "
After i updated i was missing some stuff, but after a half hour of searching the options and customizing the toolbars everything is back. I'm sure those buttons are there because you can make it look exactly like the old FireFox.
Sil3n7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Sil3n7
@Sayishere said:
" I used to use firefox but moved to chrome and not looked back since  i tried it out firefox 4 and its definately an improvement though "
Same as me
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By toowalrus
@Lego_My_Eggo said:
" @TooWalrus said:
" I liked 3.5 better, mainly because I had about a dozen bookmarks right under the URL bar, that were just the little icons, I miss that. I still like the downloadin' better than Chrome though, so I'll probably come back to Firefox whenever I'm downloading something. "
After i updated i was missing some stuff, but after a half hour of searching the options and customizing the toolbars everything is back. I'm sure those buttons are there because you can make it look exactly like the old FireFox. "
I could do that, but on Chrome, I can just hit G-Enter in the bar to bring me to Giantbomb, H-Enter to bring me to Hotmail, I've gotten so used to this, I think I'm just going to stick with it.