Funimation finally releases a release date for Panty & Stocking!

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By musubi

JULY 10TH! I'm super stoked for this. I watched all the fan-subs after they aired on Japanese TV and I'm finally glad we get a proper release over here in the states. Bad news is.... no Blu-ray apparently. Which REALLY sucks because all the recent anime I bought is on Blu-ray. I will however... still buy it. If you aren't familiar with PSG the title probally makes you think its some passable echhi anime. You couldn't be more wrong. The animation is really fun the soundtrack is AMAZING. And this is seriously one of my favorite anime releases in recent memory. The ending of the 1st season is quite the head scratcher too. Anyways.... trailer below!

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By NegativeCero

What did I just watch? Did that man's afro explode toward the end there?

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By FluxWaveZ

No way I'm ever watching this series again.

Kinda... weird how that trailer makes it seem compelling, though.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Damn, no Blu-ray is a complete deal breaker for me because of the simple fact that episode 6 exists and that episode deserves to be watched in the highest possible quality with the best possible sound because it. is. fucking. crazy.

I would honestly shell out money for a digital version if I could since I really do want to support the anime industry, but I don't want to buy a product I know I'll be unhappy with right out the gate. Meh, either way, it's great they're bringing this over though and the dub seems to be just as filthy as the original which is perfect so I may end up changing my mind, but I doubt it....we'll see I guess

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By Daveyo520

I have that on my computer, I should get around to watching it.

medacris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By medacris

I hope they release it together with the "Sanitarybox" OVA.

It's batshit insane, but has oddly sweet moments, and it does for me with dance music what Cowboy Bebop did with jazz. It's brightly-colored and silly and sexual and very tongue-in-cheek, and just an amazing anime. Still waiting for Season 2. And some merch. I'd go for mini figurines of the Anarchy Sisters or a plush Chuck.

I'm alright with no Blu-Ray version. I'm waiting for the player prices to drop (or for Blu-Ray compatible computer disc drives) to start buying 'em.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@medacris said:

Still waiting for Season 2.

Was that ever confirmed or did they just do the cliffhanger just 'cause and leave us with no resolution?

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By JasonR86

What the fuck did I just watch?

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MikeGosot
@Demoskinos: Fuck you! I thought that was the announcement of Season 2. I know it wasn't your fault, but... I don't know. I'm just sad.
Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#10  Edited By Dagbiker

I think I just had a stroke.

Chias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Chias

Man, every voice in that dub sounded perfect to me. I think I'm gonna wait until the dub comes out before I rewatch this.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By musubi

@MikeGosot: I know what you mean. When I watched it through the end the first time the last episode left me confused angry and wanting A WHOLE BUNCH MORE OF PSG. I haven't watched any other Ganaix shows but from what I've gathered the stuff they did with the ending is par for the course with them.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#13  Edited By Hailinel

@Demoskinos said:

@MikeGosot: I know what you mean. When I watched it through the end the first time the last episode left me confused angry and wanting A WHOLE BUNCH MORE OF PSG. I haven't watched any other Ganaix shows but from what I've gathered the stuff they did with the ending is par for the course with them.

Yeah, Gainax makes...interesting choices when ending shows. But sometimes it can't be helped. Their adaptation of the manga His and Her Circumstances basically just stops in the middle of a story arc because they had run out of material to adapt and they were apparently unable to secure a second season for some reason. And they really had to stretch to fill their episode quota for the season with the content that they did have because the manga was still ongoing and they had quickly run out of material to adapt. The further you go into the show, the more time per episode gets taken up by recap filler.

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MikeGosot
@Demoskinos said:

It was this trope that made me discover PSG. It is just sooo good. It is just fucking weird to talk about with people who don't know the show.
"Hey can you recommend me some anime?"
"Panty& Sotcking with Garterbelt."
"Ooookaaaaay, not that kind of anime, dude."
Avatar image for lemmycaution217
Lemmycaution217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By Lemmycaution217

I remember this series being bat-shit crazy and specifically an episode with the Tom Cruise character from Magnolia. Also a lot of shit, piss, cum, and vomit.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Bocam

I already have the Japanese Blu-rays. I wonder if I should buy the DVD just for the English dub.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Only episode I truly enjoyed without wanting to bang my head in the wall at any point was the only full episode: "Les Diaboliques", when they first introduce Scanty and Kneesocks. Man, that was an awesome episode:

jerseyscum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By jerseyscum

This show is unadulterated genius. Like a debauched version of the Powerpuff Girls with more swearing and dick jokes. Watch it before Adult Swim airs a shitty, censored to death version.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#19  Edited By Justin258

So this is pretty much Powerpuff Girls as done on acid?

Or so everything I've ever heard about this show before goes.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#20  Edited By StarvingGamer

I should really get around to watching this.

jerseyscum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jerseyscum

Any excuse to post this is a good one. Take that Sailor Moon!

All the episodes are on Youtube last time I checked, or on websites where one can find things that aren't supposed to released yet. Just make sure to buy the DVD when the dub comes out if you like it.

AdzPearson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#22  Edited By AdzPearson

When I watched it, I saw it as Japan's answer to Ren and Stimpy (heck, they were even parodied in one episode). I'm not afraid to admit that I'm a big fan of that kind of humour. Pity they're not releasing it on Blu-Ray, but I may pick up the DVD at some point.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#23  Edited By TheHT

What. wut.

Hadoken101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By Hadoken101

@believer258 said:

So this is pretty much Powerpuff Girls as done on acid?

These were my EXACT words when first I started watching the show

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By musubi
Box art Finally added to Amazon!
JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#26  Edited By JasonR86

@Demoskinos said:

Is the blonde-haired chick's right knee bending backwards? And why is she acting like she's shocked? Like something is poking her? And what's the light-blue, white thing above the title?

...I don't think this show is for me.

InfiniteGeass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#27  Edited By InfiniteGeass

Let me know when they announce the release date for Steins;Gate. Then I'll actually give a shit.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By musubi

@PollySMPS: Theres a pretty good chance they've been re-releasing a bunch of stuff on Blu-ray recently.

fullmetal5550

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By fullmetal5550

I can't wait for it either. My next paycheck i plan on pre-ordering it from Amazon.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By penguindust

I love the series but I can't see watching it dubbed. For me, half the humor was listening to the girls spew profanity in English between their Japanese. If it's all in English it loses that bi-lingual combination I found hilarious. Still, I don't begrudge others who like their anime dubbed. I've already seen it subbed, so I'm satisfied enough with my past experience.

cexantus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By cexantus

I feel like this is the kind of show that would benefit from an English dub. Also, no blu-ray? Seriously?

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By musubi

@PenguinDust: Well theres always the JP voice option on the disc. I'm interested to hear the dubs in action although i might revert to the Subs. I just want to be able to own the episodes without having to pay an arm and a leg to import the Japanese DVD's

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By LiquidPrince

My mind exploded. Awesome.