Game wizards

EvilEmOBuNnY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By EvilEmOBuNnY

Is there any game wizards out there that know how to fix games like xbox 360 disks? cause my Lil cousin knocked down my 360 and mu NBA 210 was in it and it got a scratch on it like a circle and it wont come on when i press play it comes on then when i try to play a game it says disk needs cleaning i tried everything any tips plz or a way i can get this fix with out buying a new one?  

Thanks mates for your support i would like a serious answer since people joke a lot on here lol :)

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By natetodamax

It's broked.

EvilEmOBuNnY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By EvilEmOBuNnY

DAMN! :( so i can't get this fix at all?

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#4  Edited By natetodamax
@EvilEmOBuNnY said:
" DAMN! :( so i can't get this fix at all? "
If the disc has a deep ring around the edge, it's definitely broken.
Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By KaosAngel

Why did you keep it vertical in the first place?  No one who owns a 360 does that unless it's stable...

EvilEmOBuNnY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By EvilEmOBuNnY
@natetodamax said:
" @EvilEmOBuNnY said:
" DAMN! :( so i can't get this fix at all? "
If the disc has a deep ring around the edge, it's definitely broken. "
it dose :O wow totally sucks!.   can i trade it in still ? 
SunmanJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SunmanJ

You could try to get in touch with the game distributor to see if they offer a disc replacement option. The same thing happened to my Civilization game disc and the distributor replaced it for $10 plus shipping. Not free but cheaper than buying a new copy if you still want to own it.

EvilEmOBuNnY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By EvilEmOBuNnY
@SunmanJ said:
" You could try to get in touch with the game distributor to see if they offer a disc replacement option. The same thing happened to my Civilization game disc and the distributor replaced it for $10 plus shipping. Not free but cheaper than buying a new copy if you still want to own it. "
really whats their number how can i contact them plz? :) 
EvilEmOBuNnY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By EvilEmOBuNnY
@KaosAngel said:
" Why did you keep it vertical in the first place?  No one who owns a 360 does that unless it's stable... "

sorry what do u mean ?  well she tripped over the cord :( lol
Rehehelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Rehehelly

To be fair, I had my xbox horizontal but the glass shelf it was on slipped a bit because a football rolled into the TV stand, scratching the disc (big circular LASER BURN!!) 

Yeah but I took it to gamestation (iunno, american equiv of that? gamestop?) and asked if they could clean it for me, they buffed it, it got rid of it, it worked again.

SunmanJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SunmanJ
@EvilEmOBuNnY:  Look at the box and find the production company's name, EA in this case, google them, go to their website and look for contact info. Other then those basic intructions I can't help you.
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By iam3green
@EvilEmOBuNnY said:
" @SunmanJ said:
" You could try to get in touch with the game distributor to see if they offer a disc replacement option. The same thing happened to my Civilization game disc and the distributor replaced it for $10 plus shipping. Not free but cheaper than buying a new copy if you still want to own it. "
really whats their number how can i contact them plz? :)  "
when my cod 4 broke i looked in the back of the game manual. there should be a number to call. it cost me $20 to get my game fixed. they ended up giving me a new game.
Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By Coombs
jinxman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jinxman

I have a method that usually works... 

Put some baking soda based tooth paste on the disk, spread it around so it covers the whole disk 
Using hot water and your finger, lightly rub the toothpaste completely off 
Pat it dry with a towel 

I know that sounds weird, but it really does work.

Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Coombs
@jinxman said:

" I have a method that usually works...  Put some baking soda based tooth paste on the disk, spread it around so it covers the whole disk Using hot water and your finger, lightly rub the toothpaste completely off Pat it dry with a towel  I know that sounds weird, but it really does work. "

Yeah I have a method kinda like that

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By jkz
@Coombs said:
" @jinxman said:

" I have a method that usually works...  Put some baking soda based tooth paste on the disk, spread it around so it covers the whole disk Using hot water and your finger, lightly rub the toothpaste completely off Pat it dry with a towel  I know that sounds weird, but it really does work. "

"
Dude yeah that's how I fixed my Fallout 3 disc!! 

But in all seriousness I've actually heard of the whole toothpaste method.
Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Coombs
@jukezypoo: 
Yeah I have to but I still swear by this one
@Coombs said:
" Merlins Disc Magic   Costs about $5 and works like a hot damn, I bought mine at EB games "
ColinWright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#18  Edited By ColinWright

Funny, my sister did this to me today and broke my Street Fighter 4 disc. @Coombs: Will try that, thanks.

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#19  Edited By Xeiphyer
@EvilEmOBuNnY: Before you do anything, you might be able to get the disc swapped at the store you bought it from, so I would try that first.

Besides that, you can see if it will read the disc long enough to install it to harddrive, or go borrow or rent the game and install it that way. The game should still start when its installed even though the disc is fucked =P 

Failing the easy and best methods, you will have to try homebrew methods, I have heard the toothpaste trick works well.. but be warned that these tricks require some luck and might not work. I would be very careful with the microwave one.. it seems totally whack. Also microwaving a dual layer disc (Xbox 360 games) might mess it up.

Good luck!
EvilEmOBuNnY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By EvilEmOBuNnY

wow u guys rock thanks for the help ;) do the toothpaste thing really works or u mates playing a trick on me? lol  and should i put in in the microwave?  wow so its basically a risk? 

i will try the toothpaste trick  do i put it on the back of the cd cover the whole back?  then wipe it off with a towel ? 

put bakin soda on it 1st  and then toothpaste? put hot water on the disk or my finger? sorry lol 

EvilEmOBuNnY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By EvilEmOBuNnY
@Coombs said:
" @jinxman said:

"
@Coombs said:
" @jinxman said:

"
lmao was that a joke?:) 
71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By 71Ranchero

The boiling method works sometimes. Its a trick that OXM(official xbox mag) suggested to try when the demo discs they shipped with wouldent work. Ive used it to make Most Wanted come back to life several times along with some old pc games and cd's. I wouldent recommend you try it unless your disc is near junk just in case. 

Bend a paperclip to form a base and handle so you can hold the dvd from a few inches away and just dip it for a second into boiling water. No idea why it works but it does. Use at your own risk, and again I only did it with stuff that otherwise I would have thrown out. 

EvilEmOBuNnY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By EvilEmOBuNnY

i wanted to try the thooothpaste tricks what do u mean put hot water on?

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By MikkaQ

No don't that'll ruin the game forever, stay the fuck away from the toothpaste trick. 

Just stay away from any tricks, go to a store that does disc repair (like blockbuster) or buy your own disc repair machine. I fixed my Brutal Legend, Left 4 Dead 2, Saints Row, and my Yellow Submarine DVD this way.

EvilEmOBuNnY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By EvilEmOBuNnY

ohh thank god!!!!! i didnt want to ruin it and how much dose it cost for the disk repair mate? 

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@natetodamax said:
"It's broked. "