GI Joe Resolute. Awesome.

Dr_Feelgood38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Edited By Dr_Feelgood38

So I just saw an episode of GI Joe: Resolute and I was definitely not disappointed. The badassery was kicked up a notch (especially with Snake Eyes) while the basic original GI Joe design was kept mostly intact. The mini episodes are only five minutes long with a ten minute finale but I think it gets the job done. The thing that truly won me over was just how serious, dark, and violent the series will be; also, Warren Ellis is the writer!

The only thing that was weird to me was the voices but I'll get used to them. The animation style is akin to that of either the Boondocks or Ghost In the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, I couldn't really put my finger on it. Either way, the episode that I saw was awesome and the series looks promising and I'm pretty sure that the first three episodes are up on Youtube so check them out!

Dr_Feelgood38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Dr_Feelgood38

So I just saw an episode of GI Joe: Resolute and I was definitely not disappointed. The badassery was kicked up a notch (especially with Snake Eyes) while the basic original GI Joe design was kept mostly intact. The mini episodes are only five minutes long with a ten minute finale but I think it gets the job done. The thing that truly won me over was just how serious, dark, and violent the series will be; also, Warren Ellis is the writer!

The only thing that was weird to me was the voices but I'll get used to them. The animation style is akin to that of either the Boondocks or Ghost In the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, I couldn't really put my finger on it. Either way, the episode that I saw was awesome and the series looks promising and I'm pretty sure that the first three episodes are up on Youtube so check them out!

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By penguindust

I saw it too and it was pretty kick-ass.  I was really thankful that they kept the number of fire fights where Joes and Cobra soldiers are shooting at each other and no one can hit anything to a minimum.  There was one scene where Duke and Scarlett have just fallen from an elevated walkway into an open area and are surrounded by Cobra guys and the Cobra soldiers have worse aim than your average Imperial Stormtrooper.  Other than that, it was pretty cool.  Lots of death and even a fair amount of graphic blood.  Too bad they'll never turn it into a series.  I'd love a 13 episode series with a complete season-long story arc.  G.I. Joe Resolute was not the Joe show I grew up with, but it was the types of story that I made up while playing with my friends.  Although, if it was going to completely immitate that then there would have to be more Transformers, Mazinger Z and Star Wars guys mixed into the fight.