Giant Bomb Federation Starship....what positions.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By monkeyking1969

Admiral Jeff Gerstmann, would take command of any expedition to ONCE again remove space hippies from the planet Eden. However, Jeff would play Rock Band to prove he is not a "Herbert". [ Jeff, I think, would make a better admiral than captain. He would be the sort of Admiral with a stash of Romulan Ale under his desk, a collection of knives on his wall, and he has been known to accidentally discharge a phaser around his office.]

Captain Drew Scanlon, Drew would be the sort of captain that would that knows his ship, has the manual under his bed with copious notes in the margins. Drew would be a captain not afraid to get his hands dirty by pitching in to fix something, but being very stable, logical and technical he would know the ship inside and out.

Lieutenant Commander Dan Ryckert, is not just a commander for the name sounding like Riker. Dan is the wild-card who counterbalance Drew's logical understanding. I see Dan as being a dynamic force that just jumps in with both feet to save his people but also the one who doesn't know you shouldn't form a warp bubble in the atmosphere of Seti-Alpha 5.

Doctor Vincent "Vinny" Caravella, would be the joker of the crew. When it time to do his job there is nobody better to be working with/on you; but he is a joker when off duty loves to make bad puns or talking in a New York accent for laughs. Dr Vinny is always talking about his son Max and about how those zero-g diapers are really not meant for zero-g...such a mess.

Sub-commander Brad Shoemaker, seems like the best fit third in command on the ship. He competent to be left in charge, but has a snarky attitude. He's a good choice for the away team because he's a go-getter, but is just as happy in 10-Forward drinking synthohol.

Jr. Security Officer Alex Navarro, he is CONVINCED he will die on an away mission, yet has a certain manic fatalism about it. Yet, he never dies because he is the only one smart enough to hide behind a rock. He is always the one calling sarcastically to the ship in orbit to, "beam me up...NOW DAMN IT!" when under fire.

Councilor/Commander Matthew Rorie, is the calming voice of logic on the bridge. He always catches onto what is wrong first by analyzing encounters, he nods knowingly when people have a bad poker face. Nevertheless, he seems to recommend "puppy therapy" to all his patients regardless of mental disorder.

Chief Engineer Jason Oestreicher, is rarely seen because most of the time all the other people are communicating to him when they are in the bridge and he is in engineering. Yet, ant time you see engineering everyone is yelling up a Jeffries tube at him, so you only see his feet. While we never see him, everyone know he is competent and WANTS to see more of him.

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Romulan Ambassador Danny O'Dwyer.

"do you guys get the superbowl over there on Romulus?"

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By monkeyking1969

@hh said:

Romulan Ambassador Danny O'Dwyer.

"do you guys get the superbowl over there on Romulus?"

No Caption Provided

Very good...but I see Danny as more like Captain Mudd. An outsider on the ship, slightly mischievous, but really fun.

Naoiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Truly epic.

limond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Jeff is obviously the Captain of the USS Giantbomb.

Vinny is the Chief Engineer

Brad is the Chief Helms Officer. In this universe he has a crippling case of Napitis but it is progressive enough for someone with his condition to work on board a starship.

Drew is the Chief Weapons/Tactical/Armory officer.

Alex - He is the ships Counselor. No one knows how he got the job, or even where he came from.

Rorie - The Holographic Doctor. Well he was originally designed for veterinary emergencies, his programming has been altered some to provide support for the crew.

Jason - The Communications Officer. Spends most of his day spying on people from the teleporter room.

Dan - He is the new Security Chief that replaced Tasha Yar. He is

Danny - He is the guy that is learning how to be human, or is struggling with his humanity.

Ryan - He is Guinan.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By BabyChooChoo

In my universe:

• Captain: Jeff - Clearly the most sensible of the group
  • Doctor dude: Dan - Self-explanatory.
  • Other doctor dude: Dan's dad.
  • Driver: Brad - Performs well under pressure.
  • Guy in charge of shooting shit: Vinny - Loves shooting shit.
  • Security: Jason and Drew - Experts of stealth.
  • That person who spends all their screen time going "INCOMING TRANSMISSION FROM X, SIR!": Alex - Because why not?
  • Engineer: Rorie - Gearhead.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In my universe:

• Captain: Jeff - Clearly the most sensible of the group
  • Doctor dude: Dan - Self-explanatory.
  • Other doctor dude: Dan's dad.

No Caption Provided

I forgot Dan's Dad! Yet In my universe it still works to have him there. So I would have Commander Dan Ryckert and his dad fighting Anbo-jitsu in the Holodeck.

BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin

I wouldn't make Vinny the Doctor unless you want multiple mandatory prostate exams daily. I vote to make Vinny the chef and Brad the Doctor / Asstroll.

BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also if this is going to be like Mass Effect I wouldn't let Vinny anywhere near that hamster either.

burgavo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

don't know about how I would fill all the positions, but one thing I do know is this. If they ever need to send an away team on to a borg ship to disable it, they should obviously send Vinny. No one knows how to mess with AI routines and break the scripting on shit better than Vinny.

djkommunist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

USS Taswell. in memoriam