Giant Bomb Giant Book Club?

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Giant Bomb Giant Book Club? (34 votes)

Yes - That would be fun! 94%
No - What is reading? 6%

I couldn't find this on the forums anywhere, and while I could just be awful at searching, this is something I'd really like to do. A Giant Bomb Giant Book Club. But before I really drill down into what it could be, I want to know if there would be any interest in it.

Reading is awesome, thanks duders.

• 
alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the input so far!

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think this was actually tried twice or so within the year, both of them seemed to have just... stopped? I think the problem with the first attempt was the length of time between reading of the books, it was such a long period that people probably didn't stay interested. Don't know what happened to round number two.

I am in NO way saying this to discourage another attempt, don't get me wrong, I would love to see this actually work out, as I have managed to make myself read a hell of a lot more lately. Just that, it requires a dedication to keep it going.

alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zolroyce: Well thank you for letting me know. It's something that I've always really wanted to do, so I would hope I could keep the enthusiasm going.

Technician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was in one of the previous book clubs that fell through (we read The Last Wish and discussed it, then moved on to Masters of Doom but never discussed that and the club ended) and as mentioned it just seems tough to hold the group's interest after a while.

I'm definitely down to try again and if you decide to set one up I'm interested in how you will structure it.

EdgeKasey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm interested....

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Every few months someone attempts this and it always ends up fizzling out. If you can drum up enough interest to keep this going beyond a few weeks, I'd be glad to take part.

alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edgekasey: @technician: I figured like, having a website about it and doing an email list or something would help keep people interested. I'm open to suggestions on that one.

danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

Count me in for this. A good incentive to bury my head in something new is always welcome.