#1 Edited by Fobwashed (2229 posts) -

Hey duders, I recently put together a stupid Megaman spoof with the GB crew here and ended up with a poster format. What I'm missing though is a sweet/funny tagline to throw into the area where it says Difficulty and Press Start. I'm thinking about printing this sucker out and mailing it to the crew but first I'd like to have something stupid funny. Throw me your best dumbass movie taglines that would work with something this stupid please =D

Taking all comers!

#2 Posted by Sweep (8976 posts) -

I just sat here staring at that poster for like 3 minutes.

I got nuthin :|

#3 Posted by DrShilliams (86 posts) -

"No games out this week"

#4 Posted by Yummylee (22538 posts) -

Found us the fever - in 1981. And we couldn't find no cure, till Giant Bomb came along.

#5 Edited by BraveToaster (12588 posts) -

Save the Endurance Run? Never!

Edit: Like the Hawkman discussion from the E3 Bombcast.

#6 Posted by Xolare (1285 posts) -

Here comes the bomb?

#7 Posted by JaredA (831 posts) -

Did you spell Patrick's last name wrong on purpose?

Also: That poster looks fucking awesome!

#8 Posted by AlexW00d (6435 posts) -

Kelepeck.

#9 Posted by chilibean_3 (1694 posts) -

@DrShilliams said:

"No games out this week"

Heh. This is a pretty good one. I want to build off it but can't for whatever reason.

#10 Posted by Phatmac (5727 posts) -

I'd say just keep it like that. It looks clean without some dumb line that they won't consider funny.

#11 Edited by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

Drop us on it. 
Drop a bomb on it, son. 
No games 'till brooklyn(cookie for anyone who gets the reference) 

I don't know, I just wanted to write dumb stuff while looking at the cool poster 

Edited: also, which one is Patrick and which one is Alex?
Is it the Wonder Woman-looking one that's Patrick or is it the  "\o/"-stance one? (that Patrick did in a photo at some point) 

I can't tell because the hair is messing me up. 

#12 Posted by Fobwashed (2229 posts) -

@DrShilliams said:

"No games out this week"

This isn't bad, but it sorta feels like the setup for a punchline that's not there. The heart's in the right place.

@Yummylee said:

Found us the fever - in 1981. And we couldn't find no cure, till Giant Bomb came along.

Truth be told, I didn't really like that song much -______-;; If I could somehow embed the bombcast theme music though, it'd be incredible. Any way to textualize that awesome tune?

@BraveToaster said:

Save the Endurance Run? Never!

Edit: Like the Hawkman discussion from the E3 Bombcast.

Haha, nice, but I think they must be sick of ER references by now =P

@JaredA said:

Did you spell Patrick's last name wrong on purpose? Also: That poster looks fucking awesome!

It was a mistake~ Thx for the catch and it's fixed now =)

@AlexW00d said:

Kelepeck.

*facepalm*

@chilibean_3 said:

@DrShilliams said:

"No games out this week"

Heh. This is a pretty good one. I want to build off it but can't for whatever reason.

My thoughts exactly

#13 Posted by Grillbar (1904 posts) -

Strap it on,

or

Uh uh uh uh uh

cant be anything else

#14 Posted by Xolare (1285 posts) -

Cunt

#15 Posted by crusader8463 (14429 posts) -

Leave it as is.

#16 Posted by wrecks (2318 posts) -

@Grillbar said:

Strap it on,

or

Uh uh uh uh uh

cant be anything else

#17 Edited by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -

It's a videogame... About videogames. / It's a poster... About videogames.

More than real men, they're robot men.

Drop it.

EDIT: Also, pretty nice work, @Fobwashed:

#18 Edited by Dalai (7070 posts) -

It's spelled Gertsmann.

But seriously, that's pretty awesome. Also, the tagline should be, "It's spelled Gertsmann."

#19 Posted by NoobSauceG7 (1253 posts) -

Strap it on. I think that it good

#20 Posted by Fobwashed (2229 posts) -

@Phatmac said:

I'd say just keep it like that. It looks clean without some dumb line that they won't consider funny.

If we can't come up with something better than Press Start, I'd be somewhat disappointed. I do agree that the way it is now has a clean look to it but I think if we had something hot, it'd be better than how it is now. Mainly, I'm lookin for a stupid line because I sorta want a poster look rather than a screen shot look. I dunno if that makes sense -_-;;

@ZeForgotten said:

Drop us on it. Drop a bomb on it, son. No games 'till brooklyn(cookie for anyone who gets the reference) I don't know, I just wanted to write dumb stuff while looking at the cool poster Edited: also, which one is Patrick and which one is Alex?Is it the Wonder Woman-looking one that's Patrick or is it the "\o/"-stance one? (that Patrick did in a photo at some point) I can't tell because the hair is messing me up.

Patrick is in the hot dog suit and as for Alex, I asked him on twitter about what he should look like and he referenced some crazy picture with Nicolas Cage in some kind of ridiculous bird shaped wig -_-;; If anyone has a better idea for how to portray Alex, I'm all ears and willing to edit the shit out of anything that could be better.

@Grillbar said:

Strap it on,

or

Uh uh uh uh uh

cant be anything else

I do like the "Uh uh uh uh uh" hahah

@MikeGosot said:

It's a videogame... About videogames.

More than real men, they're robot men.

Drop it.

EDIT: Also, pretty nice work, @Fobwashed:

Ty~ =)

@Dalai said:

It's spelled Gertsmann.

But seriously, that's pretty awesome. Also, the tagline should be, "It's spelled Gertsmann."

You fucking blew my mind because I thought I had it wrong all this time. . . Then I checked the wiki and the web and it's "Gerstmann". I can't tell if you're fucking with me or if I'm about to blow your mind back =P

#21 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

"I only have one leg"

That's the best I got

#22 Posted by beepmachine (617 posts) -

I would buy this if you're interested in selling them. BUT I'm having a hard time telling which is Dave and which is Alex. As for the tagline something like "Brad's will be pulled" would be cool but I think Brad would hate it. What about a subtitle, like "Luchadeer Strike Force" or "Duder's Revenge" or something?

#23 Posted by ThePickle (4168 posts) -

Hey everyone it's Tuesday

#24 Posted by AlexW00d (6435 posts) -

@Fobwashed: Poster's awesome btw, I just don't have a good tagline, and Kelepeck made me chuckle.:)

#25 Posted by laserbolts (5365 posts) -

Patrick's last name is still wrong not sure if you tried to fix it yet.

#26 Posted by Fobwashed (2229 posts) -

@dennisthemennis said:

I would buy this if you're interested in selling them. BUT I'm having a hard time telling which is Dave and which is Alex. As for the tagline something like "Brad's will be pulled" would be cool but I think Brad would hate it. What about a subtitle, like "Luchadeer Strike Force" or "Duder's Revenge" or something?

Alex seems to be hard to figure out -_-;; Maybe I'll change him to be something more recognizable. Dave is the one in the "Tank Top" ;-) It'd be nice to work in the luchadeer somewhere. . . . . .

@ThePickle said:

Hey everyone it's Tuesday

I enjoyed =D

#27 Posted by Humanity (10070 posts) -

In the Year 20XX

Robots became sentient

and built a website.

@Fobwashed: No slight to Dave intended but I think you should switch places between Dave and Brad since the 4 of them were the original team. You know it's only proper Brad get top billing over Dave.

#28 Edited by FLStyle (4920 posts) -

The Rival 8-bit Video Game.

Made in 2012, when retro first became cool.

Recognise its threat.

EDIT: Change for USA/UK spelling differences where appropriate.

#29 Edited by Fobwashed (2229 posts) -

I tried putting in all the suggestions and they all looked a bit wacky. I sorta just liked the original Press Start text more than anything else. . . then I got to thinking.

This seems pretty legit to me, I'm still open to suggestions but if there ain't nothin new, I'll prolly stick with this as the final aside from maybe some art tweaking =D

#30 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (1210 posts) -

Packing heat...

#31 Posted by Sploder (917 posts) -

I'm on TV