Going to San Francisco

seanbooker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

Hey guys, I'm moving to SF for a few months at the start of next year (January) and was wondering if you guys had some ideas for things I should check out while I'm there? Does anyone know of cool events that happen in January-March over there? Cool food place I should look up? Anything and everything would be great. Doesn't have to be video game related.

mikethekilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By mikethekilla

Go check out the piers they have some good places to eat around there, go to Ghirardelli square, also check out Mitchell's Ice Cream.

Also if you have the money or know someone who does and is willing to let you mooch off them I recommend going to Espetus Churrascaria.

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I've heard you have to be sure to wear some flowers in your hair, but that might be outdated now.

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Go see the seals at the fisherman's wharf.

Do a walk around the old Sutro Baths ruins. There is a diner there that I really like called Louis'. It is a sandwich and burger place with a great view of the ocean. Address is 902 Point Lobos Ave.

Baker beach on the northwest side is really nice and almost always quiet. Much less traffic than the larger ocean beach further to the south. Wikipedia says it's a nudist beach, I had no idea. :D Every time i've been there it has been pretty much deserted.

seanbooker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By seanbooker

Go see the seals at the fisherman's wharf.

Do a walk around the old Sutro Baths ruins. There is a diner there that I really like called Louis'. It is a sandwich and burger place with a great view of the ocean. Address is 902 Point Lobos Ave.

Baker beach on the northwest side is really nice and almost always quiet. Much less traffic than the larger ocean beach further to the south. Wikipedia says it's a nudist beach, I had no idea. :D Every time i've been there it has been pretty much deserted.

This is a great deal of info! Thanks so much.

seanbooker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By seanbooker

Go check out the piers they have some good places to eat around there, go to Ghirardelli square, also check out Mitchell's Ice Cream.

Also if you have the money or know someone who does and is willing to let you mooch off them I recommend going to Espetus Churrascaria.

Noted, thanks!

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For sure. Enjoy your time there. It is a beautiful city. :)

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Feel free to give me a ping when you splash down and I'll take you out for a drink.

seanbooker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie said:

Feel free to give me a ping when you splash down and I'll take you out for a drink.

For sure. I look forward to it!

seanbooker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess to add to this. I'm currently looking for housing arrangements for the time I'll be there. Does anyone know of some good websites or places I can get some info? Preferably on the cheaper end, stuff like student accommodations and what not?

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Go to the CBSi office unannounced, sneak past the front desk with a large box of candy and walk into the GB office.

MC_Hify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MC_Hify

@seanbooker: Sounds like you'd want to look on craigslist for someone subletting their room for a couple months. You could try airbnb too.

inkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

If you like Chinese food there's a fantastic Chinese restaurant in the Chinatown called the Empress of China. Also some really nice little cafes around the centre of the Downtown (not sure what the square is called, the one with Macys in it).

seanbooker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inkerman said:

If you like Chinese food there's a fantastic Chinese restaurant in the Chinatown called the Empress of China. Also some really nice little cafes around the centre of the Downtown (not sure what the square is called, the one with Macys in it).

Great, thanks.

Keep it coming guys!

Whitestripes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Chinatown is a pretty cool place to walk around (I don't think it's really safe to go there after dark though...?) The fisherman wharf has some great seafood restaurants as well.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

If the weather's good, be sure to head to either Crissy Field or Land's End. They both have some pretty great views of the bay.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

I probably will never see San Fran, but enjoy your time there.