• 82 results
erichr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By erichr

Woo Happy Birthday Canada! I always love how maple themed baking proliferates so widely on Canada Day.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#52  Edited By lego_my_eggo

@ssj4raditz said:

What's the most appropriate way to celebrate Canada Day?

By getting drunk and watching this movie.

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Zella

Happy Canada Day my fellow Canadians, my buds and I are celebrating by clearing out 1(probably 2) Timmies of Timbits and seeing who can eat the most.

SmilingPig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By SmilingPig
Contrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Contrarian

Happy Canada to the best country in the world - I am not Canadian, but would happily be so. Enjoy.

Demokk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#56  Edited By Demokk

Happy Canada Day!

david3cm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By david3cm

Happy Canada day to my fellow hosers!

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#58  Edited By musubi

@Anupsis said:

@Demoskinos said:

Canada, I still love you even if you are responsible for Tom Green, Celine Dion , Nickleback and Justin Beiber.

As a Canadian let me just say, I am VERY sorry about Justin Beiber.

Happy Canada Day!

You also gave us Ellen Page so... fair trade. =p

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By pyrodactyl

yeay

ManU_Fan10ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By ManU_Fan10ne

Happy Canada Day to everybody!!!!

falling_fast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61  Edited By falling_fast

happy canada day <3

Socialone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Socialone

@FluxWaveZ said:

I'm not too fond of this Quebec place I'm living in, but happy Canada day all the same.

Hush Hush, I swear we're the only sane people on the continent.

Kidding of course, have a nice Canada day! And don't vote for Harper next time around! Yay!

falling_fast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By falling_fast

re. Harper, I apologize on behalf of my fellow people from the GTA who mostly voted conservative in the last election. we're fucking stupid sometimes. just look at that jackass we voted in as mayor.

personally I always vote orange

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#64  Edited By hockeymask27

@Socialone said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

I'm not too fond of this Quebec place I'm living in, but happy Canada day all the same.

Kidding of course, have a nice Canada day! And don't vote for Harper next time around! Yay!

Not to get into a whole Quebec/Canada war. I will always be a Canadian first and even though sometimes the things about the french language laws sometimes make me some angry because of the stupidity of it.(the latest being not enough french on house hold items such has toasters and ovens) I still love living in Montreal and wouldn't trade it for the world.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@Hockeymask27 said:

I still love living in Montreal and wouldn't trade it for the world.

I'm so happy that I'm living in Montreal and not some place like Quebec City.

Socialone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Socialone

@Hockeymask27 said:

@Socialone said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

Not to get into a whole Quebec/Canada war. I will always be a Canadian first and even though sometimes the things about the french language laws sometimes make me some angry because of the stupidity of it.(the latest being not enough french on house hold items such has toasters and ovens) I still love living in Montreal and wouldn't trade it for the world.

As an ex law student at UdM, I wholeheartedly agree with you. Except for laws concerning the French language, they're great (101 for the win, woohoo!). Still, screw the dry as hell Civil Code system, not nearly as exotic and entertaining as the Common Law. Go ROC lawyers!

This thread is definitely full of enthusiasm.

WLF68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By WLF68

Happy Canada Day to every Canadian in the world, uhuh

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By meteora

Happy Canada day to all Canadians

bigsmoke77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By bigsmoke77

@RollingZeppelin: You forgot Trailer Park Boys....haha

Dexter_Morgan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Dexter_Morgan_

Well this is awkward.

Anupsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Anupsis

@damnable_fiend: Hope you don't do it again lol. I live in Hamilton and thankfully my area always goes NDP. I just wish the rest of the damn country decided Harper is shit.

pantzing_nome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By pantzing_nome

Happy Canada Day

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#73  Edited By Pinworm45

@Anupsis said:

@damnable_fiend: Hope you don't do it again lol. I live in Hamilton and thankfully my area always goes NDP. I just wish the rest of the damn country decided Harper is shit.

I have a few questions about this. Can you list a few reasons why Harper is bad without resorting to Platitudes? Every time I ask this question I only hear things like "HARPER JUST SUCKS REPUBLICAN COCKS.." which is nonsense, is never supported by evidence, and doesn't actually say anything. I'd like to hear real reasons if possible. I'm not exactly a conservative, I vote for the current party I think will best run our country at the time (for the record, last election, I considered that to be Harper), and I absolutely hate sports politics, which is all I ever see against Harper (that, and blaming him for Provincial matters like Healthcare in Ontario - that's McGuinty, by the way.), aside from the occasional criticism like "I disagree with omnibus bills" which, while understandable, kind of misses the point as the Liberals actually started ones that the Conservatives expanded on once they got their majority. Speaking of which, the fact that they were not a majority for several years gave them more time to expand upon them, so they were not "rushed" like people like to pretend.

I'm not saying he's not devoid of criticism, no party is, but that's kind of my point. People aren't criticizing for actual reasons, they're just hating someone who's actually done a pretty decent job so far because, well, he's on the other sports team isn't he? Also, why is thankful that your area always votes NDP? That didn't do to well with Bob Rae..

I really hate sports politics. Stop believing everything you read. Look at everything, even things that seem unambiguously wrong when you read them, from the other sides perspective. There is almost always a rationale, or at least another side to the story that really changes things. Only then can you truly make a meaningful decision.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#74  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

Canada Day is like the pre-game party for the 4th of July. It's tame, a bit sad, and you're just counting the seconds till the real thing.

JCTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By JCTango

@NlGHTCRAWLER:

Canadians don't need to be bombastic to be proud of who they are :). Just kidding, but not really :D.

July 4th is a pretty awesome party, though, I'll give you that :D.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#76  Edited By CL60

Do I get paid holiday pay today? That's all I want to know

Avatar image for zomgfruitbunnies
Zomgfruitbunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Zomgfruitbunnies

National anthem goooooooo!

falling_fast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By falling_fast

@Pinworm45 said:

@Anupsis said:

I have a few questions about this. Can you list a few reasons why Harper is bad without resorting to Platitudes? Every time I ask this question I only hear things like "HARPER JUST SUCKS REPUBLICAN COCKS.." which is nonsense, is never supported by evidence, and doesn't actually say anything. I'd like to hear real reasons if possible. I'm not exactly a conservative, I vote for the current party I think will best run our country at the time (for the record, last election, I considered that to be Harper), and I absolutely hate sports politics, which is all I ever see against Harper (that, and blaming him for Provincial matters like Healthcare in Ontario - that's McGuinty, by the way.), aside from the occasional criticism like "I disagree with omnibus bills" which, while understandable, kind of misses the point as the Liberals actually started ones that the Conservatives expanded on once they got their majority. Speaking of which, the fact that they were not a majority for several years gave them more time to expand upon them, so they were not "rushed" like people like to pretend.

I'm not saying he's not devoid of criticism, no party is, but that's kind of my point. People aren't criticizing for actual reasons, they're just hating someone who's actually done a pretty decent job so far because, well, he's on the other sports team isn't he? Also, why is thankful that your area always votes NDP? That didn't do to well with Bob Rae..

I really hate sports politics. Stop believing everything you read. Look at everything, even things that seem unambiguously wrong when you read them, from the other sides perspective. There is almost always a rationale, or at least another side to the story that really changes things. Only then can you truly make a meaningful decision.

well, in my case it's as simple as my own personal politics being more in line with those of the NDP, and not those of Stephen Harper and the Conservative party. I feel like you're accusing anyone who doesn't vote Conservative of being ignorant, which isn't fair at all.

Personally, I think that the last few Liberal governments were a lot worse than Harper's government. At least you can't accuse Harper of coasting along and just wanting power for the sake of power. I'm so glad the Liberal party lost their shirts in the last election. Maybe now they can actually rethink things and come up with a way to be a viable political party again.

Anupsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Anupsis

@Pinworm45 said:

@Anupsis said:

I will admit that saying he is outright shit was probably a little much. I just don't like a lot of the ways he does things. For example, I think lowering the taxes for corporations is a dumb idea and feel it should be raised honestly. I also think the environment is very important and think we should really try an find alternative ways for power and things of that nature. I think the conservative party in general does not seem to care about it. Good on him for not lowering funding for healthcare though. I also feel that just cause we handled the recession pretty well everyone says its because of Harper, when I think part of it is the fact that we were in pretty good shape ahead of time.

I would also like to say that unlike other countries the conservative party seems a hell of a lot more reasonable then most conservative parties.

banishedsoul1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By banishedsoul1

I went to mellastmens for fireworks.

Hyperglide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#82  Edited By Hyperglide

Proud to be a Canucklehead!! Gonna eat a bunch of french toast with some good ole' Canadian Maple Syrup and wash it down with some great Canadian beer!

Mmmmm