Harold Camping is missing.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By NekuSakuraba

Harold Camping who predicted the rapture has gone missing, you can read the article here. What do you guys think about it? Personally, I say -

U HAPPY?
 U HAPPY?
Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2  Edited By KaosAngel

Bitch be raptured.

xpgamer7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By xpgamer7

He sacrificed his life to save ours. Obviously.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#4  Edited By JasonR86

I'm not to surprised.  The guy was being sent bundles of money from people who for some unGodly reason thought that giving him money before the Rapture took place would be a good thing.  He's probably going to hold out some place and enjoy the 'donated' money.

cnlmullen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By cnlmullen

I saw this article, but I haven't seen the story confirmed anywhere else.  

It will be hilarious if he is missing with the $120 million he raised. It was the plan all along :-P
Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

One follower, Adrienne Martinez, told the IBTimes that she and her husband had spent every penny in their bank accounts. "We budgeted everything so that, on May 21, we won’t have anything left," she said.

No Caption Provided
  Wow.  Just wow.
shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By shiftymagician
@xobballox said:

One follower, Adrienne Martinez, told the IBTimes that she and her husband had spent every penny in their bank accounts. "We budgeted everything so that, on May 21, we won’t have anything left," she said.

No Caption Provided
  Wow.  Just wow.
I'm going to be mean for once and say they deserve it.  They have made such a stupid mistake and I hope they learn now not to believe in this kind of crap again.
Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Subjugation

Is there anything they can get this guy on and criminally charge him? He straight up swindled people and he knew it all along.

Edit:  When you see this

Camping, a former civil engineer, used old testament writings to formulate an equation by which he predicted that Saturday would be the day of the return of Christ to Earth as suggested in some of the Bible's prophetic books.

and then compound that with Matthew 25:13 from the New Testament of the Bible, from which he was allegedly studying
Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

it makes me wonder how the number of people who realized this man is a fraud is anything less than 100%. People be crazy.
DrBendo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By DrBendo

It seems a little premature to say that he's "missing". Not going out and making a public statement does not warrant much suspicion. Regardless of Camping, the aftermath will be exactly the same. The idiots who believed him will be ashamed. The idiots who mocked him as a nut while believing in the rapture without setting a date will not realize the irony. People who saw the whole thing as mildly amusing bullshit will move on. Camping himself has never been particularly relevant to the situation.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By iam3green

ha, i didn't think of him hiding. pretty funny that he went missing. i guess he has money to hide out now since i think i heard he got donated a couple million from donations. i saw that we would be ok when i heard it.

i wounder now that people see that judgment day didn't happen if they are going to think 2012 is going to happen. i don't believe in hearing that the world is going to end. anyone can die from anything just happening.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By shirogane

Oh hey, you're still alive!

Maybe the guy's just shut himself away from the world in fear of what all the people who believed in him are going to do to him?

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#12  Edited By BeachThunder

:( Ugh, I feel sorry for the idiots that spent /all/ of their money.

I bet a lot of people that thought something would happen will just wait until October to see if something will happen, instead of being upset about it. It's always the same story. No one wants to know that all of their beliefs were wrong.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By Red12b

He has suckered in a shitton of stupid people they deserve what came to them for being fucking stupid, I hope they catch him and castrate the cunt, 

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14  Edited By KaosAngel

The dude is a genus thought, he got 100 million bucks from idiots...and his family is set for life.

The best part is that it's legal.

HairyMike87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By HairyMike87

All this has done for this guy is get him in the media. It's all for publicity and he should just be ignored.

Matfei90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Matfei90
@weeman105 said:
Is there anything they can get this guy on and criminally charge him? He straight up swindled people and he knew it all along.
Easily fraud, I'd say.
dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17  Edited By dichemstys

Is making false statements for money illegal?

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By NekuSakuraba
@birdflu777 said:
Fraud? =/
dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19  Edited By dichemstys
@NekuSakuraba said:
@birdflu777 said:
Fraud? =/
I figured it was fraud, I just didn't know what fraud legally entailed.
BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BraveToaster

Camping is missing because he's the only person that was raptured.

Heltom92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Heltom92

I'm not even sure if the people he tricked deserve any sort of compensation. If they are stupid enough to give money to him maybe they shouldn't be trusted to have money.

maximus_vi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By maximus_vi
@JasonR86 said:
I'm not to surprised.  The guy was being sent bundles of money from people who for some unGodly reason thought that giving him money before the Rapture took place would be a good thing.  He's probably going to hold out some place and enjoy the 'donated' money.
Yep, he's probably hiding out on an island or something, soaking up the sun.
maximus_vi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By maximus_vi
@Heltom92 said:
I'm not even sure if the people he tricked deserve any sort of compensation. If they are stupid enough to give money to him maybe they shouldn't be trusted to have money.
They don't deserve any kind of compensation, IMO. While I believe it is inherently evil to exploit religion for financial gain, you have to admit that it's a pretty easy racket. Religion is completely based on faith and zero facts/evidence, so naturally it is easy to extort the most devoted followers; these people took a leap of faith on this guy and it didn't pan out. They knew all this guy was offering was a prediction, and they chose to donate knowing that the prediction/prophecy would either come true or it wouldn't, so I don't see how these people could get their money back. They essentially gambled and lost. Better luck next time.
DrBendo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By DrBendo

Those suggesting that Camping swindled everyone for money or committed fraud in any way probably don't understand much about him or the law. His station has been going for decades, and he proposed the 2011 apocalypse since the early '90s (I believe he even mentioned it in 1994?). His idea suddenly caught traction, and people donated of their own wills. That he spent so much money on spreading the message he's offered for nearly twenty years indicates that he probably wasn't out to make a quick buck.

If Camping is guilty of fraud, so is every person or organization that has ever taken donations while spouting unfounded, religious claims. That religious people are gullible and stupid does not make Camping a criminal.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#25  Edited By MooseyMcMan

So Randy Savage did stop the rapture then? Good on him! ;)

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By mylifeforAiur
@MooseyMcMan said:
So Randy Savage did stop the rapture then? Good on him! ;)
He died for our sins.
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By penguindust

Well, everyone knows that the best way to get into heaven is to con other people out of their life savings then go on the lamb, right?

It's in Revelations, people!!
      It's in Revelations, people!!
Mars_Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Mars_Cleric
@drbendo said:
Those suggesting that Camping swindled everyone for money or committed fraud in any way probably don't understand much about him or the law. His station has been going for decades, and he proposed the 2011 apocalypse since the early '90s (I believe he even mentioned it in 1994?). His idea suddenly caught traction, and people donated of their own wills. That he spent so much money on spreading the message he's offered for nearly twenty years indicates that he probably wasn't out to make a quick buck.If Camping is guilty of fraud, so is every person or organization that has ever taken donations while spouting unfounded, religious claims. That religious people are gullible and stupid does not make Camping a criminal.

yes it does
CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By CornontheCobbe

The dude deserves to be jailed or something. A terrible crime he has commited.

I'd say there are some of his followers feeling fooled, and want to take their lives. That's not cool.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MideonNViscera

It's religion. It's all retards, all the time. Everybody deserved what they got. The fact that this "return of Jesus" crap was so widely reported is pathetic.

Mighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Mighty
No Caption Provided
MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By MideonNViscera

Retards gonna use internet memes.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33  Edited By Animasta
@Heltom92 said:
some of those people have kids, ya know.
Michaelblack18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Michaelblack18

low blow to his followers and shows the true scammer for that he is im gusseing hes long dissapeared this was really his "rapture" it was an long extended vaction to hide from everyone while he laughs at all of the people that believed him jumping into a mini pool scrooge mcduck style with all of the money he got from them im gusseing he will show back up eventually or we will find out hes dead

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#35  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Is he "Missing" Or "Dead" because he pissed off the wrong person who lost their life savings. 

Michaelblack18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Michaelblack18

if he is not gone on the run with the money i will be surpsied if he does come around "i calculated wrong again" or watch hes dead and left a note saying "i sacrificed myself myself for everyone else to stop this rapture i should be praised" or some crap

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#37  Edited By crusader8463

He's not missing guys. I saw him over by the golden gates the other day up here in Heaven. Man are you guys going to have something to look forward to in a few weeks.

Heltom92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Heltom92
@Laketown: Well those people should of thought about their kids before they pissed away all their cash just cos some guy said the world was gonna end.
Michaelblack18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Michaelblack18

so everyone is celebrating were still here day? how is everyone celebrating it

Akrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Akrid

I'm glad to see the support and acceptance that the followers are getting. Lots of other churches circling the corpse, but no apparent abuse thus far. Usually you see "Cult follower murdered in home" after one of these things.

Also, holy shit, Google has a newspaper scans database? Awesome.
LiquidS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By LiquidS

Without stupid people in the world we wouldn't be able to think so highly of ourselves.