Have You Ever Gotten Into a Artists Music Posthumously?

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sanity

One of my favorite artists has become Warren Zevon which i had no idea he even existed until a few years ago. So basically have you dived into a artists music and become a fan after there death? And i mean that they passed in your lifetime as im sure we all listen to some older musicians that have passed before we were even born.

Something about his music is really charming to me and i hate that i didn't find his music sooner.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Animasta

that is the most unique misspelling of posthumously that I've ever seen.

uh, michael jackson I guess (but that is limited to thriller and beat it basically)

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animasta: Yea... i can never spell that word right... shoulda looked it up. Think i fixed it now, glad we can edit topic titles.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Animasta

@dudy80: but now no one will ever know what I was talking about!

:(

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Aegon

@animasta said:

that is the most unique misspelling of posthumously that I've ever seen.

uh, michael jackson I guess (but that is limited to thriller and beat it basically)

Pretty much the opposite for me. I was and still am a huge fan of the thriller album, but after his death I got into a lot of his later work which had really interesting and unique sounds as well as his old Jackson 5 and Jacksons era stuff. His voice was capable of some cah-razy things back then!

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Yup, Michael Jackson is probably the best example for me. I started listening to his stuff like the day after he died. I feel really bad about not giving him a chance sooner.

Most of my favorite classical musicians are long gone too.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

What about bands that where only one member has passed? Does that count? If it does then I guess bands like The Doors, Led Zeppelin, Joy Division, Queen and Pink Floyd come to mind.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nirvana (kurt cobain), elliott smith (i was aware of his stuff and liked bits and pieces, but went hard after he passed)...i'm sure there are others but i can't recall them at the moment.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

of course! jefferson airplane, jimi hendrix, miles davis, nina simone, dave brubeck, the beatles. they're all dead right?

i guess paul mccarnety is working on destiny right now. and now i'm seeing that grace slick is also alive. well then.

VooDooPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I think Sublime is the only band I was ever into where the death of a band mate pretty much ended the band. I was only 11 when Brad Nowell died and didn't start listening to them until my midteens. You can still hear their songs on the radio, which I find weird.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Sublime and Nirvana come to mind.

Pudge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By Pudge

Nirvana for me for sure considering that I was in elementary school when their music was big. Also, not sure if this counts, but I'm a huge fan of Bill Hicks and that falls into the same category. Guy was ahead of his time.

WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By WalkerTR77

I died some time ago and really got into Talking Heads and Jurassic 5 over the last few weeks.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Nirvana and Queen if that counts.

stupidjerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nirvana... I was really into rap(the hardcore stuff like Kriss Kross) back then.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Nirvana, since I was born in '91. I suppose I gained a greater appreciation for Michael Jackson after he died as well, but I liked him before that.