User Lists: 18

If so tell me what you thought

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

I have! I think it's the best one of the four, but if you didn't like the others, you probably won't like this one. Unless Shia Labeouf was your major complaint, because I do think that Mark Wahlberg is a big step up.

I did enjoy it. It's still a super dumb and ridiculous movie, but I did enjoy it.

Chocobodude3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By Chocobodude3

@mooseymcman: I hated the other 3 Transformers but I really liked this one

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By fattony12000
Loading Video...

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By BisonHero

God no. I watched the first one in a theater to my utter dismay, then for the second movie I did a "double feature" wherein I paid to see one movie, then upon finishing that movie I stuck around and walked into the theater for Transformers 2 so at least I contributed no money to that movie's box office total. Not interested in seeing any more of them.

Those movies are for no one. They are a poor homage to the original series, and I can't imagine what there is for someone who doesn't harbour nostalgia for Transformers because, as action movies, the character writing is pretty awful and I guess a lot of stuff gets blowed up but that isn't nearly as impressive in this day and age.

Instead of watching the 4 Transformers movies, go watch Independence Day 4 times. It is a better use of your time.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

No, I have not. I've caught various bits of the first three as they popped up on TV and was appalled. Don't get me wrong, I like dumb action flicks. Unfortunately, Michael Bay has transcended dumb and gone completely inane. I don't even understand how he's made the idea of giant transforming robots pounding the snot out of each other into something as utterly loathsome and dull as he did!! Frickin' magic.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I watched the first one and then stayed the hell away from the others, so I don't have any intention of watching the fourth one.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#8 sweep  Moderator

I'll check it out, for the ridiculous CG stuff if nothing else. It must be so fun to work on those films and just be able to go completely over the top with particle effects and houdini physics.

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven't seen any of them, I think I was working in a video rental store around when first one came out on dvd but outside of seeing the trailer run on instore displays I never actually watched it. I think I will save my summer action movie choice for the new planet of the apes. I enjoyed the last one that came out and it seems to be getting good reviews.

Avatar image for fear_the_booboo
Fear_the_Booboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Fear_the_Booboo

@bisonhero: Those movies are for no one except that they make 100 millions in a week-end without any trouble. Sadly.

I saw it. I'm a movie critic so I HAD to see it. It is absolutely terrible. Bay is capable, I think Pain&Gain was totally OK, but the screenplay here is utter garbage. While you could argue that the story is not important in an action movie, the rythm is all over the place and the characters constantly talk in the action scenes so it's still grating.

If you want an sci-fi action movie, I'd recommend Edge of Tomorrow before that one.

That said, if you liked all the other one, I don't think this one is any worse or better. It's fine if you're in for trashy entertainment.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BisonHero

@fear_the_booboo: Yeah, the continued success of this series is just crazy. It kinda just feels like you could give Michael Bay a big budget and have him make just about anything as long as it has a bunch of explosions and stuff fighting, and people will see it regardless of whether the story is actually interesting or coherent or whether the characters are likable at all.

To his credit, the action scenes improved between the first and second movies. The first movie was terrible in that respect, because the camera was too close on just about every fight scene, so it was impossible to follow or appreciate because all you saw was a whirling mass of metal because all of the Transformer designs are awful and lack the readability that the original toys/cartoon Transformers had.

nasp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nope and i probly never will.havent even seen the third one.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Corevi

@fattony12000: I think RLM peaked with that video.

On topic: Nope, will watch it when the rifftrax for it comes out in a year. Everybody should just watch the 1986 animated movie again instead of this.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

No, finally saw Edge of Tomorrow instead. I regret nothing.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Giant robots, american flags, lamp posts, big explosions, minority stereotypes, teenage eye candy.

So sure, I guess I've seen it in a sense.

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yea and I thought it was awesome. I like the Bay Transformers movies as guilty pleasures. Except the 2nd one. That is a piece of shit.

VorlonGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By VorlonGod

It went on about an hour too long. Marky Marks daughter was completely useless and had Lois Lane levels of self preservation instincts. Way too many logic holes. 4/10

DeadpanCakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I was invited to go with friends, but I accidentally slept through the appointed time. Something tells me I achieved the same results of watching the movie without having to pay.

(okay, well that was a bit harsh, I'm sure it'd be fine if I was in the mood to gawk at cg)

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

I am lucky enough to not give a shit about the movies so I haven't seen any since the first one.

Beb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I saw it - it was aggressively boring. (I haven't seen TF2 or TF3).

My main complaints were:

• "Optimus Prime" was a bloodthirsty killing machine, constantly shouting "I'LL KILL YOU. RRRAAHHGG!" (Mostly against humans.)
  • The movie didn't feel internally consistent, especially around magic transformer goo.
  • The action was so over the top that is was boring. Tons of guns firing and explosions but no one seems to get hurt at all. (Unless they are supposed to die in which case you see it coming a mile away.)
  • The humans weren't even really characters. Painfully unfunny. The closest they get to drawing any kind of a character is to spend minutes of screen time on explaining the ins and outs of banging jailbait.
  • The autobots had personalities, but weren't really introduced and didn't seem to have consistent vehicle forms.
  • The action focuses on the humans to save budget I guess, but it means that I don't really understand how the huge battle at the end was resolved off-screen?
  • The movie just sort of ends once (most?) of the main bad guys are beaten, and still felt way too long.
freakin9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not yet, loved the first two, but hated the third so much that I wonder if I really actually liked the first two. I'll watch the fourth, mainly to see what they did with Grimlock, they better not have given another one of the coolest Transformers ever a pair of iron ballsacks.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#22  Edited By Slag

I did opening day.

It was well, better than I expected, but that isn't saying much.

It was not as aggressively bad or racist as TF 2, had more of a plot than TF 3, but that's about all the positive that can be said about it.Still had horrible robot characterizations, plotholes the size of Cybertron, Michael Bayisms to the max, retcons of the previous movies that make no sense, action sequences that dragged on and on, etc etc

So I guess that makes it the second best one?

The way they handled the Dinobots was silly, but that's been par for the course the whole series.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@csl316: Good for you sir!

@bisonhero: Yep

Apart from the transformers hate the assholes didn't even release it on July 4th! There was no blockbuster released on July 4th... INSANITY!

People have said they liked the second film in this thread, Dear God...

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

It was ok dumb and flashy.

My only real complaint is all the product placement, I would call it Aggressive.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

I didn't hate the first movie, but 2 and 3 were downright excruciating. Revenge of The Fallen is aggressively, absurdly terrible and Dark of the Moon was so goddamn boring

This is my opinion on the first three movies as well. I will probably check the fourth one out when it hits Netflix.

SpoogeMcduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just saw it. I like giant robots and things blowing up, and liked the others because of that, but this one just went on way too long

Genkkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I honestly thought it was some of the worst film making I've seen.. I really did want to like it, but it was just in my opinion bad

bremaine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I sadly watched the first three films, and I hated myself for doing so. I will not be watching the fourth. It'll all be much of the same, so I see no point in bothering.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

You that movie had potential to be a half-decent movie if they took the best parts from it and made a 90-minute film out of it, but at 3 hours it was putting me to sleep. You know what, no, even the best parts were pretty fucking bad. It's probably worth noting that I haven't seen any of the other films, but I doubt that would have changed much.

rotorious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Don't you mean.....TRANS4ORMERS!!!!!!?

loremiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I probably have the worst view-point of anybody so far...

I went and saw it for the MIDNIGHT RELEASE! (Somewhat non-intentionally. For some reason my dad loves these movies and I felt obligated to go.)

But speaking as somebody who doesn't know too much (I learned a lot of Transformers stuff through Armada, while my dad and older brother were both G1 people.)

I'd say this was technically the best one. Pretty much every single problem that this series has had still exists (Giant plotholes that will never be explained, stupid amounts of eye-candy, explosions out the butthole, etc.) The one positive I took away from this was taking all of those problems into account, Marky Mark still did the best he could with the situation, and because of that was a thousand times better as a main character compared to Shia Labouf (The other main characters literally did nothing ever though, that's a big no-no)

The Dinobots were in the movie purely for advertising purposes, they were super disappointing especially considering they show up in the last half-hour of a THREE HOUR TRANSFORMERS MOVIE!

Optimus Prime is made to look like the greatest thing in the universe, and is everything that Cybertron and America stand for. Meanwhile Mega(Galva)tron is back again, and he pretty much did nothing... just like every other movie in this series...

The best thing I could possibly say about Transformers 4 was that it wasn't the worst movie i've ever seen. No doubt they're continuing this, and when they inevitably get to Unicron i'll end up seeing it just to watch how badly Michael Bay decides to screw the audience over again.

HarryJDeeks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not yet but this weekend I'm taking the gf! Hope she enjoys it as much as I know I will haha!

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

I saw the first movie and hated it. The second movie I saw because I had the flu and was too sick to change the channel after the movie Rules of Attraction. I don't know how much of Transfomers 2 was actually part of the movie and how much was part of my fever induced delirium.

That said I kinda want to see Transformers 4 because I have a new respect for Michael Bay after watching what is easily his best movie, Pain and Gain. Do I have to watch the third movie or even go back and watch the second movie with a clear mind?

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

Don't you mean.....TRANS4MERS!!!!!!?

*Fixed