Healthy food help?

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Animasta

So I decided that I want to stop eating so much processed shit and eat some healthier foods, but there are so many things out there, I never really was made to eat veggies and fruits and stuff as a youngster and thus only know about a few. What are your favorite HEALTHY FOODS?!

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By Animasta

I have a mad appreciation for apples :D Never had much berries or pineapples, I'll have to try that

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By eroticfishcake

Refer to food pyramids which should tell you all you need to know.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By FancySoapsMan

Mixing yogurt and fruit can make a pretty good snack.

As for vegetables, I love radishes, carrots, and celery. I always add some lime, salt, and chile powder.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By SSully

You are bound to like more fruits then dislike them. The only fruit I dont like is cantaloupe, everything else that I have tried is all great. I personally love oranges, blueberries, and bananas. Veggie wise I will eat anything but peas, but that is only because I am allergic. 

tomance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By tomance

Chicken and tuna are great for you. 

Fruitwise, I love pinapples.  I like apples but they upset my stomach so I can't eat them.  

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8  Edited By crusader8463

Fruit wise, nothing beats a nice Orange. Everyone knows they are the best fruit. Some other ones I lower myself to eating when oranges are not around are grapes, strawberries, bananas and watermelon. Seedless water melon of course. I'm not a dam barbarian after all.  

Out side of that I guess I don't know a lot about "healthy" foods. I mostly just try to cut back on eating stuff that has a high fat, sodium and sugar content on the side of the box. When cooking I try to avoid foods that call for a lot of those things too. 

I'm always trying to find good recipes and ideas for healthy food to eat as well, but I'm a rather picky eater and sadly I dislike pretty much all vegetables. I ether out right hate them or I can tolerate them in small portions because I know I need them, but that's about it. Which makes finding healthy foods that much harder since 99.9% of them are nothing but vegetables. 

One thing I do love though is making a vegetable plate and dip. Grab some baby carrots, celery and ranch dressing and go to town. Low fat Ranch Dressing of course.  

I'm also a big fan of Caesar Salad, but I can't eat it often or I get tired of it real quick for some reason. Unless it's in wrap form with some chicken. I could eat a nice chicken Caesar Salad wrap every meal of the day for a month and still love it.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Grissefar

Replacing your choco taco with a banana/orange is a good start.

Don't go all out, don't eat stuff you don't like - just ditch the shitty food in favor of something a bit healthier.

abdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#10  Edited By abdo
@Peacemaker said:
" Chicken and tuna are great for you."

This. 

As for vegetables, it's corn, potatoes and bell peppers. Try different fruits to see which you like the best. Peaches are awesome, and so are bananas and apples. Rice is also a great alternative to other foods.
Ben99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Ben99

turkey, whole wheat bread, tomatoes and apples  will make you assless 

Famov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Famov

On your road to a healthier diet, I would suggest giving up all pop and coffee for good. Every day not dependent on sugar and caffeine is a day you'll feel a lot better. Also, non-diet pop is probably nearly as responsible for the western world's weight problem as fast food.

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

duskvamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By duskvamp

Plums, apricots - fresh or dried and mangoes are some of my favourites, and I'm addicted to tomatoes, definitely give up fizzy drinks.

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ninjakiller

Replace red meat (burgers and steaks) with portabella mushrooms.  Just fry them in a little olive oil add a slice of low-fat cheese, put in a whole grain bun, and while not a burger is still freaking tasty. 

Stir frys to eat more veggies.  Use a low-sodium soy sauce and you have a super healthy meal.  You can toss in just about any veggie, and it comes out delicious.  (common sense in needed when cooking it..i.e. finely chop carrots bell peppers, but leave mushrooms in bigger chunks to ensure even cooking etc etc) 

A tip I use is to eat a fruit before even thinking about eating.  Eating an apple, a banana, an orange, half an avocado before thinking about what to actually make cuts out a lot of your hunger, and cravings for eating shit.   

Have a smoothie for breakfast: 

1/2 to 1 cup low fat...LOW SUGAR yogurt..I can't stress the low sugar part..some of the shit on the shelves is worse than ice cream 
1/2 to 1 cup any kind of berry (frozen berries are awesome and relatively cheap 
2 to 3 cups Fruit juice..get the low sugar..no sugar added stuff..."light"......some of the stuff (blended juices mostly)  is just as bad as soda  

basically a 1 1 3 ratio..if you really want to get fancy add ......again a LOW SUGAR protein powder mix 

Frozen chicken breasts are great, thaw in the fridge in the morning, or fry in a little oil...remove after about 10 minutes, chop up into cubes and finish frying it.  Fry in a little olive oil, you could bake them, but they seriously taste like shit, you want to form a golden crust on the outside from the natural sugars caramelizing to get a decent taste.   Just drain on a paper towel after they're cooked and it's healthy.   

While a little off tangent...these are tis for not eating so much processed foods.  

DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DrPockets000

Apples, dude.  It's stupid how many nutrients are in those.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17  Edited By crusader8463

Raisins! I always forget those delicious little things.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By SlightConfuse

apples , oranges, celery and carrots

Bobdaman18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Bobdaman18

I really like oatmeal with fruit/nuts/peanut butter in it. I guess the peanut butter is processed but i don't think its tooooo terrible for you and i like peanut butter too much to let it go.

iWonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By iWonder

My favorite HEALTHY FOODS?! OH MAN AM I GLAD YOU ASKED! 

I like some tea and a giant green apple in the morning every once in a while. One of those uber-hippie light breakfasts that you follow up with something else later in the day.