Avatar image for the_philosopher
The_Philosopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By The_Philosopher

Hey Giant Bomb, I'm graduating in about 3 weeks and my parents and grand parents keep asking me what I want for a gift. The problem is I don't really know. I don't want to ask for something dumb like some new shirts, CDs, DVDs, or  video games because I can just buy those myself whenever I want. I was trying to think of something that would have some sentimental value. I have a 40 year old pocket watch that my grand father owned, I never got to know my grand father because he died when I was very young. So it's all I really have of him, I was thinking it would be cool to have it turned into a regular watch or something. I'm just trying to think of something like a watch, necklace or ring, something that I can keep for a long time to remember my grand parents and parents when their gone. Does anyone have anything like that? I am open to all suggestions. Please take note that I am a dude and I've never even owned a necklace, ring, or even a really nice watch so all this is a bit foreign to me. Thanks for the help in advance.   
kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By kmdrkul

A friend of mine got a really nice framed picture for his high school graduation.  It had pictures of him and his family and him and his friends. 

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By MikkaQ

Hmm... well my grandparents started giving their grandchildren gold rings with the family crest on them when they graduate. It's so awesome looking, plus if I had hot wax, it could be used as a seal for letters. 

Something like that's 100% sentimental. 

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By HitmanAgent47

a gun

fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By fwylo
@The_Philosopher: I asked for a nice Fossil watch.  Such a good present.  I've had it for 5 years and kept it in such good condition it means a lot to me.  Something you aren't going to use every day, but when you use it, it means something.
Avatar image for walker_after_dark
Walker_after_dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Walker_after_dark

A job.

Seriously, the pocket watch is cool. Maybe they could get it engraved for you with your graduation date and get a nice presentation case for it. 

Brians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Brians

a golden chain wtih gold letters of 
Congraduations on it .

Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ryax

get a frog named dreams. so when it dies. you know whats gonna happen.

Brians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Brians
@Ryax: maybe dreams could be his nickname with his full name being That's where dreams go to.. 

then his death would also make light of that stupid saying.
xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By xMP44x

I actually really like the idea of a gold ring with the family crest on it. That'd be freakin' sweet. You could also get something like a MacBook or an iMac, but they would be of no real sentimental value.

nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By nail1080

Dude fuck the sentimental crap....get them to pay for a holiday to amsterdam and get high like anyone graduating this year should do. Well that's what I'm doing anyway. See yeah in the cafe!

ajump23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By ajump23

Ask for a Pizza.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

A hooker. Someone had to say it.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By ProfessorEss

I've lost almost every object ever given to me for "sentimental value" reasons so I'm not a huge fan of that type of stuff.

Brians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Brians

I'd wear a gold chain if I had one. That's why my idea is best.

Clinkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Clinkz
@nail1080 said:

" Dude fuck the sentimental crap....get them to pay for a holiday trip to Amsterdam and get high like everyone else graduating this year! Well that's what I'm doing anyway. See ya in the cafe! "

Fixed.

Thanks what my friends did last year and while it might be fun, you waste a ton of money getting over there for a feeling that lasts 2 hours. My bros also said they fucking hated each other after the trip because they talked so much.

I didn't get anything for my graduation from high school but I would recommend just some pictures to put on your shelves. Actually, a good gift you should ask for: all your family members to be there WHEN you graduate. My sister missed it for a tournament.
JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#17  Edited By JJWeatherman
@ajump23 said:
" Ask for a Pizza.   "
That's what I'd do.
Liono88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Liono88

It doesn't have to be Amsterdam, but take a vacation to somewhere to always wanted  go.

Avatar image for organicalistic_
Organicalistic_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Organicalistic_

sex