Avatar image for thebluthcompany
TheBluthCompany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

Courtesy of Ew.com:

Heroes lives: NBC helped kickstart the superhero TV trend in 2006 with Heroes, an X-Men-ish action-drama about a group of people with superhuman powers. Now the network is bringing back the show for a 13-episode event series to air in 2015. Original series creator Tim Kring is on board to run the show. Titled Heroes Reborn, the project is billed as a stand-alone story; the characters have not yet been announced.

My question, of course, is why.

Concerns? Thoughts? Is anyone looking forward to this?

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By TruthTellah

@thebluthcompany: Sounds like an oddly desperate move by NBC. Similar to FOX's recent decision to do a new 24 miniseries out of nowhere.

Gotta bleed properties dry when you can.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Milkman

Heroes was never good. It should stay dead where it belongs.

WarlordPayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Heroes got terrible before it even finished it's first season and, somehow, managed to get even worse as time went on. I don't think there is anything that could get me to watch more of it.

iceman228433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Season 1 and done, Son!

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@milkman said:

Heroes was never good. It should stay dead where it belongs.

Hey now, let's not talk crazy. It was decent in a kitschy kind of way. I mean, it went nuts and more comic-booky after a while, but still. Saying it was -never- good is a little over the line. I liked it off and on.

Avatar image for thebluthcompany
TheBluthCompany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I had some problems with Lost, but it is will always be the first serialized show I watched from beginning to end. I remember after the first season of Heroes people thought it was better than Lost. Then season 2 of Heroes ended. (Which was terrible.) Lost followed up with season 4, with is one of my favorite seasons of television ever. (With Season 3 of Avatar The Last Airbender, Season 2 of Justified, and Season 4 of The Simpsons.)

I guess what I'm trying to say is I'll take "The Constant" over "Company Man" any day.

Danteveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 30

Anyone cares about it. I thought they run the show into the ground in the middle of the series or something like that.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only possible explanation for this move is that they looked at some data or some shit and discovered the vast majority of people don't remember just how bad that show got over time so this is their chance to "bring back a beloved series" or something along those lines. That, or yeah, they're just depressingly desperate for something to put on the air and this is all they have.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Season 1 of Heroes was pretty good, not great, but hey it was enjoyable and showed alot of promise. Then that writers strike happened, season 2 happened and that show never recovered from that.

Bringing it back? Sure, it was a sound concept, you could still salvage a good show from it. Just dont include ANY of the characters from the show. Sound crazy? sure, but fucking including Sylar or Peter walking god damn mary sues would be a mistake.

Will i give new heroes a chance? Sure why not? Do i expect anything good from it? Nope!

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By MetalBaofu

I find this odd. I thought general consensus on that show was that they completely ruined it. I thought season one was fine, but stopped watching after season 2. People I know that kept watching always told me it just got worse and worse. No idea why they would want to make more of it.

kylenalepa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Huh. Well, can't say I saw this coming. The first couple seasons of the show were pretty good, so I guess a 13 episode miniseries with the original showrunner could be OK.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Weird. Season 1 was great. After that it went downhill pretty quick.

Weird...

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Weird. Season 1 was great. After that it went downhill pretty quick.

Weird...

Maybe this will just be a long apology for what happened after Season 1.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Zeik

I remember that last season was...decent, for the most part. (Granted the parts that were bad were pretty bad...) I remember being somewhat hopeful for the idea of another season anyway, before they went and cancelled it.

Good or bad I'm kind of glad it's getting a chance at a proper finale though. There's nothing I hate more about network television than shows getting cancelled without a conclusion. Although after this long I'm probably the only person who does kind of care. They kind of missed the boat on this I think.

Here's hoping they finally kill Sylar for real. Like as soon as possible.

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've watched up to the point of that Carnival Arc.

My main problem with the series was that the characters weren't likable and switched sides on a whim.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am one of those that stuck with it through the end, and despite the obvious drop in quality post-season 1, I still enjoyed the show. Despite some of the dismissive amongst us claiming otherwise, I think season 1 was a genuinely great piece of television. It certainly got much worse immediately thereafter, and Volume 3 (the first half of season 3) represents the lowest point for the series and one of the most dramatic and fastest drops in quality I've seen in anything. When it ended, the show had been making some progress back towards being somewhat decent over the last season and a half, and I was actually disappointed it was cancelled, something that wouldn't have been the case during the show's weakest times.

As for this new run, I will most certainly watch it. I just really hope it's more like season 1 and less like 3.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I like post-season 1 Heroes in the same way I like American Horror Story: So insanely dumb that it's entertaining as hell.

Still, this seems like a bad move. Let it die.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

Save the cheerleader!

Stete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The show had potential, but it felt that every season they hit the reset button and started everything from scratch.

Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

And Firefly and Angel and a ton of more deserving series cut down in their prime are still dead. Where is the justice?

Carlos1408

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Carlos1408
OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By OurSin_360

They should buy the rights to alphas from syfy , air the first 2 seasons and then start a 3rd

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#25  Edited By SMTDante89

I don't know when I kind of jumped into the series (in large part because of my college roommate and his girlfriend) but I know it was sometime past the first season (the first episode I saw ended with someone apparently important being beheaded by an unknown assailant). I thought what parts I saw were okay, but my roommate and his girlfriend (now wife) loved the show all the way through, so I'm happy for them at least. It's not often that a show you love that a majority of people are pretty critical about is cancelled and then revived in any real capacity.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Fredchuckdave

of Might and Magic? Hell yes.

NBC has been doing terrible for over a decade. This sort of thing the first episode will get good ratings and then it will fall off dramatically.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Girl whose special ability was IM'ing people with her mind :|

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

@ravelle said:

I've watched up to the point of that Carnival Arc.

My main problem with the series was that the characters weren't likable and switched sides on a whim.

I stopped watching at the same point, and I totally agree about the side switching nonsense. It's ridiculous the way people would just flip-flop between being good/evil seemingly week-to-week.

@thebluthcompany: Sounds like an oddly desperate move by NBC. Similar to FOX's recent decision to do a new 24 miniseries out of nowhere.

I don't know why, but I'm totally on board with bringing back 24. Even at its worst, 24 still managed to keep me entertained and coming back every week.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

Oddly? NBC has been desperate for at least a year if not two.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#30  Edited By Hunter5024

But if you take away my HEROIN then how am I supposed to paint the FUTURE!?

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tim Kring returning seals the fate of this thing. It will be bad.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By TruthTellah

@animasta said:

@truthtellah said:

Oddly? NBC has been desperate for at least a year if not two.

Fair point.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

Heroes was great at the start, and then became worse and worse every week.

Also, NBC is super desperate at this point.

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I wonder what kind of incredibly original plot arc will this season have? Supervillain trying to collect all the powers for himself? The government trying to round up all the gifted and lock them away? Or maybe supervillain trying to collect all the powers for himself? Might even be the government trying to round up all the gifted and lock them away! The possibilities are as endless as your average X-Files season cliffhanger!

Seriously, though, the final scene of the series (Claire exposing her powers to the world) was one of the few interesting things they did post season 1. But knowing my luck they'll just retcon it away.

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By TheFreeMan

By the time of it's end, Heroes was one of the worst written shows I'd ever seen. I was pretty much hate watching it week-to-week, it was so dumb that it was kind of entertaining. Which was a shame, because I thought Season 1 was good and Season 2 was pretty decent. I don't get why they would bring it back.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

That seems.... unnecessary?

BoatDrinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I watched most of this series for whatever reason. I thought the original series was going to go to a new characters every season format, which that and not having the writers strike happen, probably would have saved the show. If they go to that format for the reboot, there could be some potential. After a while comic book story lines always seem to become a custerfuck of powers being taken away / given back, people dying then coming back to life, alternate dimensions and time travel. If they can stick to origin stories and single plot lines, similar to the first season, I might be interested.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why?

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't Agents of SHIELD fulfilling the "terrible superhero gimmick show" void that Heroes left?

Silly, silly NBC.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

and the rabid calls for a return to Heroes were finally satiated.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There was a turtle in the desert for some reason and the guy followed it and then he could also paint the future along with every other character getting this ability?

Then Sanjay turned into a spider and all the good guys were bad and the bad guys became good. That's around the time I stopped watching.

I think a superhero show could work well, I just hope they don't bring back any of the old characters.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Season 1 was great. Then the writers strike breaking up the second season and their dependency to use Sylar as the big bad throughout just ruined it. I don't even know what this show could be. Wasn't it rumoured this was going to be an XB1 exclusive at one point?

laserguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By laserguy

The guy that came up with this idea should get a Cadillac El Derado, second place is a set of steak knives. The press release says NBC will welcome back any original cast members, maybe we can get another four years of sylar as the only bad guy. Although Sylars ability was probably the coolest of them.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Girl whose special ability was IM'ing people with her mind :|

I dont believe you. There is no way someone would approve that as a super power.

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Ramone

Heroes got super bad, super quick. I hope the new series doesn't suck.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, you guys suck. I loved Heroes. Mainly because superpowers are awesome and I love seeing people with superpowers using their superpowers to the superpowered stuff. Know what I'm sayinggggg???

But really, I look forward to this. Because I love me some superpowers.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By MetalBaofu

@omega said:

And Firefly and Angel and a ton of more deserving series cut down in their prime are still dead. Where is the justice?

I just recently watched Angel(and Buffy) for the first time through Netflix. Thanks for reminding me how much it sucks that Angel got cancelled. I really gotta get those comics they made.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By monetarydread

That show was trash, and I hope this fails miserably. The show only had one decent season, and it really only had moments that were decent, not full episodes.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super hyped for this. Heroes was great.

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Season 1 was great. Then the writers strike breaking up the second season and their dependency to use Sylar as the big bad throughout just ruined it. I don't even know what this show could be. Wasn't it rumoured this was going to be an XB1 exclusive at one point?

Sylar was the best thing about Heroes though, Zachery is great.

And we're about bring back canceled shows, I'd like to see a another attempt for Caprica or Invasion.