^^^^^^^^^^^

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By JJWeatherman

What do you mean? I don't think tvs have input lag. You mean like the delay you calibrate for when you're playing Rock Band?

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By JJOR64
@Ugalde: Are you talking about HD lag?
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By mike
@JJWeatherman said:

" What do you mean? I don't think tvs have input lag. You mean like the delay you calibrate for when you're playing Rock Band? "

Some have real problems with latency, it's especially evident in some plasma displays. However, it's not really the input that is lagging, but actually the video that the player sees on-screen.
JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By JJWeatherman
@MB said:
" @JJWeatherman said:

" What do you mean? I don't think tvs have input lag. You mean like the delay you calibrate for when you're playing Rock Band? "

Some have real problems with latency, it's especially evident in some plasma displays. However, it's not really the input that is lagging, but actually the video that the player sees on-screen. "
Right, that's kinda what I was gettin at.

I don't know of any ways to determine what your TVs delay is. Maybe get a RB 2 guitar and do the auto-calibrate thing and see how many milliseconds it has to offset by.
Ugalde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Ugalde

I dont know to much about this stuff guys but I have been reading on Mlgpro.com and people were talking about making sure to buy a TV without alot of lag. I was pretty sure it was called input lag but I could be wrong. It might be refresh rate but I'm not sure. I guess I should learn more before I ask a question lol.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Diamond

Usually the way people do it is hook a PC up to whatever display you want to test and a CRT.  Then you get some timing software that will show fractions of a second nice and big, then you take a photo of both screens and count the difference.

LCDs, plasmas, DLP, or basically anything but CRTs often have display lag, but it's usually pretty insignificant overall.