how much does yootube pay ?

Ben99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ben99

like how much for a number of views? subscribers , favorites and like ? 
I've seen this user whoring for the mentioned above in every fucking video he uploads and he's making progress .

Edit : there is pretty much nothing I could do about the title at this stage .

FlyingRat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FlyingRat

I have literally no idea what you just said...

mrfizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By mrfizzy

youtube itself doesnt pay you anything, the people who use your page to advertise pay you and the more people you have viewing you etc the more people will want to advertise with you/the more theyll be willing to pay. As for how much they pay i have no idea but from what iv heard it isnt an insignificant number. 

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By ESREVER

For some reason, I'm compelled to mention a South Park episode... 

HairyMike87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By HairyMike87

I'm sorry to be commenting and not knowing a specific answer, but I believe that YouTube pays through their AdSense system. So for instance, if you happen to receive a lot of traffic to your videos that generate somewhere between 10-100,000 or more views for each one, YouTube would most likely contact you to ask if you want to have ads in your videos. So depending on how many people are seeing the ads would generate a certain amount of money for yourself.  

The amount of money however, I cannot tell you, but there may be someone else to fill in that gap.  

There may be other ways for you to generate money as well and that may depend on the certain products that are seen in your videos. I know that the YouTuber, Shay Carl, gets offered deals for either reviewing products or having some product placement in his videos because he constantly gets high traffic to them. So there may be other ways for you to make money within YouTube, but not directly from YouTube. The amount of money could be a broad range of numbers depending on the situations stated above.  

FYI: I'm sure that most people would not be comfortable revealing how much they are receiving from YouTube or any job. I still hope that you receive the answer you seek.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By AhmadMetallic
 @mrfizzy said:
" youtube itself doesnt pay you anything, the people who use your page to advertise pay you and the more people you have viewing you etc the more people will want to advertise with you/the more theyll be willing to pay. As for how much they pay i have no idea but from what iv heard it isnt an insignificant number.  "

i still dont understand how economy works. especially net advertising.. we all avoid internet ads like the PLAGUE, and even if we click on them, we rarely purchase what they offer. so how does that shit work ? 
if your page is popular, and i advertise on your page, and your page gets tons of views and my ad gets tons of clicks (which never happens), how does that sell my product or whatever it is im advertising ? 

i didnt make any money, you just clicked on my link but didnt make any purchase. how does that make me rich? where does the money come from ?

@ESREVER:  you mention southpark, you get followed. also, hilarious fucking scene that was !
FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FCKSNAP

If you can get a certain number of views, likes, comments and subscribers per video over an amount of time, youtube will invite you to become a "partner". Becoming a partner let's you earn a certain percent of ad revenue for each video you make as long as it makes it past a certain number of views etc. for each video.

If you post nothing but music videos or some other type of copy written material, or if all your videos are nothing but flaimbait and thumbs downs, you wont be added as partner.

AdSense is only used for putting ads on the site, and third parties can ask you to do stuff like add a certain mp3 to your video or add a link in the description/video but this has nothing to do with the ads and it's usually a one time deal unless they sponsor you for your content. Being sponsored is something completely different from youtube.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Subjugation

I was under the impression that once you are made a Youtube partner that you do indeed get paid by them. Whether or not it comes directly from them or from the advertisers who pay them I am not sure. I think it also varies on which type of ads are used. I think the pop-up ads at the bottom of a video generate less than a full on "video interrupted" ad. If you generate enough traffic you can apparently live off of the pay because a few vloggers actually do that as their main source of income. I can't imagine it is a lavish lifestyle, but if it's something you enjoy you probably don't mind. 

I googled the subject once out of curiosity, and from what I can remember the pay per view was really insignificant. You would need hundreds of thousands of regular viewers to make the pay worthwhile. Try searching for "how much a youtube partner gets paid" and I believe there was a blog by Nalts, a Youtube partner himself, who dances around giving an exact answer but instead gives one of the clearest "ambiguous" pictures I've ever encountered. I don't think they are supposed to openly share what they are paid.

Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Three0neFive
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
"  @mrfizzy said:
" youtube itself doesnt pay you anything, the people who use your page to advertise pay you and the more people you have viewing you etc the more people will want to advertise with you/the more theyll be willing to pay. As for how much they pay i have no idea but from what iv heard it isnt an insignificant number.  "

i still dont understand how economy works. especially net advertising.. we all avoid internet ads like the PLAGUE, and even if we click on them, we rarely purchase what they offer. so how does that shit work ? 
if your page is popular, and i advertise on your page, and your page gets tons of views and my ad gets tons of clicks (which never happens), how does that sell my product or whatever it is im advertising ? 

i didnt make any money, you just clicked on my link but didnt make any purchase. how does that make me rich? where does the money come from ?

@ESREVER:  you mention southpark, you get followed. also, hilarious fucking scene that was ! "
I'm not gonna pretend to be some sort of marketing genius, but from what I've heard from others it's because even if your ads don't directly sell stuff, people who see it will be reminded "hey, this product exists" and will be more likely to buy it the next time they see it in a store.
Ben99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ben99
@HairyMike87 said:
" I'm sorry to be commenting and not knowing a specific answer, but I believe that YouTube pays through their AdSense system. So for instance, if you happen to receive a lot of traffic to your videos that generate somewhere between 10-100,000 or more views for each one, YouTube would most likely contact you to ask if you want to have ads in your videos. So depending on how many people are seeing the ads would generate a certain amount of money for yourself.   The amount of money however, I cannot tell you, but there may be someone else to fill in that gap.    There may be other ways for you to generate money as well and that may depend on the certain products that are seen in your videos. I know that the YouTuber, Shay Carl, gets offered deals for either reviewing products or having some product placement in his videos because he constantly gets high traffic to them. So there may be other ways for you to make money within YouTube, but not directly from YouTube. The amount of money could be a broad range of numbers depending on the situations stated above.   FYI: I'm sure that most people would not be comfortable revealing how much they are receiving from YouTube or any job. I still hope that you receive the answer you seek. "
still I believe Youtube pays you directly . There is this user  nicknamed XJAWS who uploads videos of black ops gameplay . He said in one video that Youtube paid him a sum of money enough for him to buy a new car and pay for his college . So we're talking big bucks here .

what does Youtube get in return for paying it users ?
FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FCKSNAP
@Ben99 said:
" still I believe Youtube pays you directly . There is this user  nicknamed XJAWS who uploads videos of black ops gameplay . He said in one video that Youtube paid him a sum of money enough for him to buy a new car and pay for his college . So we're talking big bucks here .   what does Youtube get in return for paying it users ? "
The average partner (which includes all the gameplay/commentary guys like Behrudy and TheEnd) only make about $500 a month. That's about as much as a minimum wage part time job. If you're someone like Mega64, RoosterTeeth, Egoraptor or Machinima, you can expect thousands per month.

The reason is because the more quality videos you put up, the more people click to view and comment, thus netting you more subscribers. More subscribers means more views. Its a cycle.
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@Three0neFive said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic said:
"  @mrfizzy said:

"
I'm not gonna pretend to be some sort of marketing genius, but from what I've heard from others it's because even if your ads don't directly sell stuff, people who see it will be reminded "hey, this product exists" and will be more likely to buy it the next time they see it in a store. "
man that shit never made sense to me
Akrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Akrid
@Ahmad_Metallic: It's often more for publicity then it is for sales. These things invade your brain.  

I had to buy an air freshener the other day, so naturally I went with Febreeze Noticables since I see the ads all the time and two scents seems like something I'd want to have. Now times that by 300 million and you're making some coin. You can make back that advertising money tenfold.

@Ben99 said:
"still I believe Youtube pays you directly . There is this user  nicknamed XJAWS who uploads videos of black ops gameplay . He said in one video that Youtube paid him a sum of money enough for him to buy a new car and pay for his college . So we're talking big bucks here .   what does Youtube get in return for paying it users ? "
I don't know exactly how it goes down, but I'm guessing Youtube gets the money from the advertisements and they pass it down to him whilst scraping off a tidy sum for themselves.
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@Akrid said:
" I had to buy an air freshener the other day, so naturally I went with Febreeze Noticables since I see the ads all the time and two scents seems like something I'd want to have.  "
you SHEEP ! 

just kidding
FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By FCKSNAP
@Akrid said:

"@Ben99 said:

"still I believe Youtube pays you directly . There is this user  nicknamed XJAWS who uploads videos of black ops gameplay . He said in one video that Youtube paid him a sum of money enough for him to buy a new car and pay for his college . So we're talking big bucks here .   what does Youtube get in return for paying it users ? "
I don't know exactly how it goes down, but I'm guessing Youtube gets the money from the advertisements and they pass it down to him whilst scraping off a tidy sum for themselves. "
That's exactly how they do it. It's not just youtube's money, it's google's. They have so much bank right now and it all depends on advertisements.

Also, a handy guide for knowing who's a partner (and thus getting paid) and who isn't:

Custom username image

No Caption Provided
ShaunassNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ShaunassNZ
@mrfizzy said:
Yes it's like adsense.  

also mrfizzy, out site has launched it's YouTube channel :D
DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17  Edited By DocHaus
@Ben99 said:
still I believe Youtube pays you directly . There is this user  nicknamed XJAWS who uploads videos of black ops gameplay . He said in one video that Youtube paid him a sum of money enough for him to buy a new car and pay for his college . So we're talking big bucks here .   what does Youtube get in return for paying it users ? "
I'm sorry you had to hear this, but...people lie on the Internet.
Carestrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Carestrike

They offered me money for putting ads in a video with only 23,000 views, so I can't imagine it's a lot.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By CL60
@samusaran253 said:
" YouTube probably soesn't pay that much. "
You'd be wrong. The most popular people on YouTube get paid quite a lot. 
mrfizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By mrfizzy
@Ahmad_Metallic said:

" @Three0neFive said:

" @Ahmad_Metallic said:
"  @mrfizzy said:

"
I'm not gonna pretend to be some sort of marketing genius, but from what I've heard from others it's because even if your ads don't directly sell stuff, people who see it will be reminded "hey, this product exists" and will be more likely to buy it the next time they see it in a store. "
man that shit never made sense to me "
your thinking of the term "advertising" in only one way, that is your that its sole goal is to sell products. Its not. Advertising can sell products but it can also do a million other things, one of the main ones being create brand awareness. People dont like buying brands that they dont know, especially when they have the option of buying a known brand. So you have to make sure that as many people know of your brand as possible, even if they dont go and buy your product now, they might buy it later if they know your brand when it comes around. A lot of this wont make sense unless you get into the psychology behind it all coz a ton of our thought processes when it comes to marketing are sub-conscious. The other thing is that not all web advertising is dodgy scams, most major corporations are now on the web in some form or another.        
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@mrfizzy:  hmm i see what you mean. yeah i guess when i do go buy something i look for brands im familiar with
Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#22  Edited By Bollard
@Ben99 said:
" @HairyMike87 said:
" I'm sorry to be commenting and not knowing a specific answer, but I believe that YouTube pays through their AdSense system. So for instance, if you happen to receive a lot of traffic to your videos that generate somewhere between 10-100,000 or more views for each one, YouTube would most likely contact you to ask if you want to have ads in your videos. So depending on how many people are seeing the ads would generate a certain amount of money for yourself.   The amount of money however, I cannot tell you, but there may be someone else to fill in that gap.    There may be other ways for you to generate money as well and that may depend on the certain products that are seen in your videos. I know that the YouTuber, Shay Carl, gets offered deals for either reviewing products or having some product placement in his videos because he constantly gets high traffic to them. So there may be other ways for you to make money within YouTube, but not directly from YouTube. The amount of money could be a broad range of numbers depending on the situations stated above.   FYI: I'm sure that most people would not be comfortable revealing how much they are receiving from YouTube or any job. I still hope that you receive the answer you seek. "
still I believe Youtube pays you directly . There is this user  nicknamed XJAWS who uploads videos of black ops gameplay . He said in one video that Youtube paid him a sum of money enough for him to buy a new car and pay for his college . So we're talking big bucks here .   what does Youtube get in return for paying it users ? "
He lied.
Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#23  Edited By Daveyo520

It doesn't.

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#24  Edited By Geno

Not sure about gross revenue, but big name Youtube stars make about 60-100K salary out of their total earnings (after deducting staff and equipment costs). These are like the 1mil+ subscribers people. Last I heard it was 2.5 cents for 1000 views and 5-10 cents per subscriber and something on the same scale for favoriting or getting a certain amount of likes. 

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By HandsomeDead
@Ben99 said:
" @HairyMike87 said:
Why would anyone believe this?
McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#26  Edited By McGhee

I've been watching this guy for a long time. He's pretty funny.