I honestly don't see what everyone has against Gamestop...

• 168 results
The_Tolman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#151  Edited By The_Tolman

i go there with $60 and bada boom, bada bing theres a game in my hand.

Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152  Edited By Clean
@choffy21 said:
"
@Clean said:
" I remember the register told me off for trying to buy GTA: San Andreas. I was about go crazy in that joint. I don't like how....boring they act especially for a videogame industry. Hopefully, they'll change their ways. "
Two things could have happened:
  1. You're under 17
  2. It was a non-Greatest Hits copy of the game, which is a firable offense if sold (because of the Hot Coffee mod)
"
Ah, that must have been the reason! Plus I was under 17, but some stores are cool with selling to minors.
choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#153  Edited By choffy21
@Clean said:
" @choffy21 said:
"
@Clean said:
" I remember the register told me off for trying to buy GTA: San Andreas. I was about go crazy in that joint. I don't like how....boring they act especially for a videogame industry. Hopefully, they'll change their ways. "
  1. You're under 17
  2. It was a non-Greatest Hits copy of the game, which is a firable offense if sold (because of the Hot Coffee mod)
"
Ah, that must have been the reason! Plus I was under 17, but some stores are cool with selling to minors. "
Firable offense if you break either code.

You must've been pissed at the time, but the employee was only doing what they were supposed to do.
Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By Clean
@TheMustacheHero said:
" They try to scam you? "
They basically try and fuck you over by trading in your games.
Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By Clean
@choffy21 said:
" @Clean said:
" @choffy21 said:
"
@Clean said:
  1. You're under 17
"
Ah, that must have been the reason! Plus I was under 17, but some stores are cool with selling to minors. "
Firable offense if you break either code.

You must've been pissed at the time, but the employee was only doing what they were supposed to do.
"
That's true. I just wish sometimes, they looked at my view as if they were in my shoes. I just wanted to play some GTA
choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By choffy21
@Clean said:
" That's true. I just wish sometimes, they looked at my view as if they were in my shoes. I just wanted to play some GTA "
Also keep in mind their view. They just wanted to keep their job. It's not worth loosing your job so a random kid can play Grand Theft Auto.
animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#157  Edited By animateria
The worker's got real pushy on trying to get you to buy a strategy guide or pre-order nowadays.

Can't blame em, its their job. But GS should be a little less pushy cause I'm finding Amazon.com more and more agreeable everyday.
epic_pets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#158  Edited By epic_pets

They get on my nerves

zander1123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#159  Edited By zander1123

My friend wanted some pre-order bonus for blazblue from gamestop. He paided 70 dollars plus shipping when all was said and done. if he had bought it at amazon it would have been 53 free shipping. Gamestop is bad because they try to nickel and dime you every step of the way.

Dr_Feelgood38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#160  Edited By Dr_Feelgood38

This video:

I've had plenty of bad experiences with the several Gamestops in my area. They've withheld preorders from me, bothered me for well over 5 minutes about specific games and they do always push way too hard for things like stratagy guides or extra controllers. I understand that this could just be a local Gamespot thing but it seems to happen all over. There is one employee I really like, though. Last time I saw him we ended up talking about time travel and things like the Philidelphia Experiment. So maybe it's not all bad, but I'm standing by my opinion until Best Buy stops selling games.
Leopard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By Leopard

Thank god there is no Gamespot in my country.

DirtyFuture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By DirtyFuture

I don't have any personal grudge with Gamestop, and don't even mind the employee practices of asking about pre-orders, strategy guides, etc. Yet, I don't go there a lot since I like to buy my games sealed. Having the display versions of games with already beat up cases and paying a new game price does get on my nerves. So I just don't go there anymore.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#163  Edited By Brendan
@jakob187:
Not bashing you or anything, but with all your bad experiences at Gamestop and your preference for Gamecrazy, when you said there was a Gamecrazy right across the street...why didn't you just go there in the first place? 
Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#164  Edited By Azteck

There was a gamestop opening just the other week where I live, I wonder if it's the same thing there. (I live in Sweden, so yeah)

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By ahriman22

I have no idea what the shit is up with your American Gamstops, but my Canadian EB Games stores (Like 4-5 in my city) are all great. I've never bought an unsealed box, never bought a malfunctioning disc or anything like that. I've been to all the stores in my city too.

Why the hell aren't you people filing with the BBB? Instead of bitching about it, how about doing something about it?

T0mF5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#166  Edited By T0mF5

I wish that there was some Gamecrazy's where I live.

fillmoejoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#167  Edited By fillmoejoe

I don't like to get hassled about preorders or buying used so I don't shop at gamestop. I don't have anything against gamestop, I mean it's the employee's job to ask if you want to buy a used xbox headset.

AngeTheDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By AngeTheDude

I have a non-Gamestop store near me, so I always shop there.

krystians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#169  Edited By krystians

Eb Games employees all think they know more about games then I do, but I don't mind going there for some used games. I never sell my games to anyone also. I don't feel like spending 70 bucks then selling it to EB Games and getting 5 bucks back, so they can sell it for 50. I don't like that at all. Just my 2 cents.