If YOU had some extra bucks

soul101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll If YOU had some extra bucks (48 votes)

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D - 3DS 31%
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - Wii U 69%

I've not played either and want to jump in....

• 
TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@soul101 Neither. If you have a 3DS and extra dough, you should pick up The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dude, I've got so many bucks, I could buy both. But I would recommend Wind Waker.

soul101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@truthtellah: already done, should have explained. I was a huge fan of the 2d games, played Between Worlds, now want to dive into a 3d adventure.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@soul101 said:

@truthtellah: already done, should have explained. I was a huge fan of the 2d games, played Between Worlds, now want to dive into a 3d adventure.

Oh, then Wind Waker HD. Definitely.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Ocarina of Time is a better game, but Windwaker is a better remake.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soul101: You've never played a 3D Zelda? Then damn that choice gets harder, start with the originator or its slightly different beautiful counterpart? I'd say if you can make an easy choice on whether you prefer handheld or console gaming then you can't really go wrong either way.

But yeah, I guess if you haven't played a 3D Zelda before I'd say starting at the beginning with Ocarina would be a good first choice and then you can see how open and different Wind Waker is to it.

soul101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spoonman671: These console launches have been really rough on the old bucks bank over here :(

Thanks for the feedback guys and gals!

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Spoonman671

Ocarina of Time is a better game, but Windwaker is a better remake.

This is right. I think I change my vote.

soul101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One last question, how are the start ups on both games? It's my understanding that the 3D Zelda games are pretty slow to get rolling (might be the reason I've stayed away until now), wouldn't mind mitigating some of the tedium

thx

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4ea8fdbe490
deactivated-5a4ea8fdbe490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I honestly don't get the crazy praise ALBW is getting. Apart from a few minor changes, the game is as much of a Zelda rehash as ever before. I think not unlocking items like before is kind of a step back, as it loses a bit of the excitement of knowing you were going to be getting something new. The puzzle are neat, but I recommend OoT or WW by a mile.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soul101 said:

One last question, how are the start ups on both games? It's my understanding that the 3D Zelda games are pretty slow to get rolling (might be the reason I've stayed away until now), wouldn't mind mitigating some of the tedium

thx

Both games start slowly with you in a small contained beginner area, and honestly, I think it just boils down to preference on which one is better. I grew up playing Ocarina of Time, so obviously I think it's the superior game, but I acknowledge that Wind Waker is a fantastic game on its own. Ocarina of Time has these very long cutscenes that are unskippable (at least they were on the N64, maybe you can on he 3DS?), that dragged on forever, and I don't remember Wind Waker having any of that, so that could perhaps tip the scale a bit.

On the other hand, I think the world of OoT is FAR superior to Wind Waker, because traveling on the boat is just boring as hell.

Still, it's all preference, both of them are fantastic game, just try both of em out.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

I voted for the one on 3DS because why would I ever spend money for a WiiU?

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

I've not player either, but I'd personally go for Windwaker.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Neither, because I don't have a 3DS or a Wii U. If I did I probably wouldn't buy either of those. That being said, I play consoles more than handhelds, so I probably would go with Wind Waker.

Krockett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

would prefer having Zelda I could Take with me over Zelda at home.

Ozzie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

@soul101 said:

thx

Both are about the same but I would say that Wind Waker has a slower start than Ocarina of Time. Honestly it's a hard choice if I were you I would get Ocarina of Time.

The biggest reason is because it's still a good game and the base of pretty much all 3D Zelda games is there with the basic set up, controls and characters (obviously there are differences between each game but it usually has the same core). So if you like it and want more, then you can spend the extra money and buy Wind Waker later on when you can afford it.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

Wind Waker.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Think Wind Waker holds up better personally, not to mention its' control scheme is more similar to controller design today.

OoT was an early 3d game, I have to imagine it feels a bit rough mechanically today.