I'm moving out

mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

Edited By mx

Last Friday I signed my first lease ( is that right?) and thus I'm moving out. This means I will cook my own food, do my own laundry and other household work. It will only be for six months starting December 1st because I sublet the room. And I'm real curious what it is like to live independently, I am sharing the kitchen, bathroom and toilet with the other Residents. The room comes fully decorated so there is no Ikea shopping spree to go on. Having the room reduces the time it requires to travel to school by about two hours. So no more waking up at 5:30 to be at school at 9:30. I will be moving in next Sunday and report my experiences.

If you have any pro tips or experiences to share, I would love to hear them.

and to close it off, even though the lyrics have nothing to with my situation, It's still a catchy song.

mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By mx

Last Friday I signed my first lease ( is that right?) and thus I'm moving out. This means I will cook my own food, do my own laundry and other household work. It will only be for six months starting December 1st because I sublet the room. And I'm real curious what it is like to live independently, I am sharing the kitchen, bathroom and toilet with the other Residents. The room comes fully decorated so there is no Ikea shopping spree to go on. Having the room reduces the time it requires to travel to school by about two hours. So no more waking up at 5:30 to be at school at 9:30. I will be moving in next Sunday and report my experiences.

If you have any pro tips or experiences to share, I would love to hear them.

and to close it off, even though the lyrics have nothing to with my situation, It's still a catchy song.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 25

#2  Edited By StarvingGamer

Buy headphones.

EvilKatarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By EvilKatarn

Sharing the toilet is something I already hate doing. Sharing it with strangers would be too much for me to handle. 

I've been interested in moving out for a while now but it's because I'd like to be alone for at least a few months. Hope that's not the case with you.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By penguindust

@StarvingGamer said:

Buy headphones.

Some of the best advice ever.

Also, if you're sharing the kitchen, mark your own food that must be kept in the refrigerator and keep all other non-perishables in your room. It's been my experience that roommates will inevitably eat your food if left unguarded.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By crusader8463

Open a text file on your PC and start a list of all the local pizza places that deliver. Can't count the number of times I got home and just had zero effort to make any food or nothing I had was appealing to me.

mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mx

@StarvingGamer said:

Buy headphones.

Already have some

@PenguinDust said:

Also, if you're sharing the kitchen, mark your own food that must be kept in the refrigerator and keep all other non-perishables in your room. It's been my experience that roommates will inevitably eat your food if left unguarded.

We all have our own refrigirator and cupboard for the food storing.

@EvilKatarn said:

Sharing the toilet is something I already hate doing. Sharing it with strangers would be too much for me to handle. I've been interested in moving out for a while now but it's because I'd like to be alone for at least a few months. Hope that's not the case with you.

The people in the house aren't strangers, more like roommates. And I'm moving out because of the distance to my school, Right now if the last class ends at 5:30 pm, I am home at 7:45 if all goes well.

@crusader8463 said:

Open a text file on your PC and start a list of all the local pizza places that deliver. Can't count the number of times I got home and just had zero effort to make any food or nothing I had was appealing to me.

I have a site for that.

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By DoctorWelch

Remember, Pants = Optional.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By McGhee

fish sticks and toaster oven, it's all you need

mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mx

@McGhee said:

fish sticks and toaster oven, it's all you need

Does a microwave oven combo count?

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By fattony12000

Get a second controller for your PlayStation 2, then you can play co-op with some buds without your ma and pa moaning at you to KEEP THE BLOODY COMPUTER NOISE DOWN!

TehBuLL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By TehBuLL

I remember NBA Street was a good game. Play that with them. Also, it goes Ice, Vodka, Kahlua then Half and Half. Stir.