I'm No Movie Critic: Let The Right One In

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By weltal

I'm pretty bored and I can't think of a more entertaining way to pass the time then to judge things.
In this case the subject will be Let The Right One In (Låt den rätte komma in).

Usually this is the point where I'm supposed give you the information regarding things not directly important to the movie, like who the director is (Tomas Alfredson) or that it's based off a book of the same name (What movie isn't now-a-days?) but I just don't care. I don't know who this director is nor any of his movies beyond this one. As the title indicates I'm not a critic, I'm not interested in getting all my facts correct nor am I interested in anything that goes beyond what I'm watching. As everyone knows, as long as you have a keyboard, a computer and infinite Internet potion you can shit out a crappy opinion on anything and claim it's gold. I'm not here to do this. I'm here to tell you, yes, that's shit you smell and yeah, that was me. Anyway, enough with pointless introductions, on to the movie.

Let The Right One In is a twisted love story following Oscar and Eli(Pictured). We open with Oscar thrusting his knife through the air. Oscar isn't a stable boy, he's very much a loner and is constantly beaten by bullies at his school. He finds a love interest in Eli when she moves into the apartment next door. At first Eli simply appears to be an odd girl but it isn't long before it's revealed that she is a vampire. The ensuing tale is largely about the interactions between Eli and Oscar, nothing more grand than that but despite this the story manages to grip you from beginning to end with it's use of character development and frankly the superb acting out of these children. The intricacies of these actors is impressive for their age and they are put to full use in this intriguing, heart-warming (Sometimes?) yet disturbing tale.

The cinematography is spot on and your constantly presented with just beautiful scenery that all the same is dark and dreary. While the CGI is perhaps the lowest point in the movie. Most notably one scene involving some terrible CGI cats, it's perhaps one of the most hysterically bad instances of CGI that I have ever seen. They would have been better off using random stuffed cats and just making hissing noises than they were with the awful crap that was that particular scene. But that's a minor point of contention and really not reflective of the quality of this film.

I've heard statements that this movie is like Twilight but awesome. I can't vouch for that because I've never seen Twilight (Nor do I wish to subject myself to such a thing) and as for the point about it being awesome, absolutely. This one of the few great vampire movies available and if your looking for an interesting take on the vampire movie than really, give this movie a shot.

That'll do it for this glib and uninteresting look at Let The Right One In. Let's hope this has at least made you want to look up a more reputable review.

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By weltal

I'm pretty bored and I can't think of a more entertaining way to pass the time then to judge things.
In this case the subject will be Let The Right One In (Låt den rätte komma in).

Usually this is the point where I'm supposed give you the information regarding things not directly important to the movie, like who the director is (Tomas Alfredson) or that it's based off a book of the same name (What movie isn't now-a-days?) but I just don't care. I don't know who this director is nor any of his movies beyond this one. As the title indicates I'm not a critic, I'm not interested in getting all my facts correct nor am I interested in anything that goes beyond what I'm watching. As everyone knows, as long as you have a keyboard, a computer and infinite Internet potion you can shit out a crappy opinion on anything and claim it's gold. I'm not here to do this. I'm here to tell you, yes, that's shit you smell and yeah, that was me. Anyway, enough with pointless introductions, on to the movie.

Let The Right One In is a twisted love story following Oscar and Eli(Pictured). We open with Oscar thrusting his knife through the air. Oscar isn't a stable boy, he's very much a loner and is constantly beaten by bullies at his school. He finds a love interest in Eli when she moves into the apartment next door. At first Eli simply appears to be an odd girl but it isn't long before it's revealed that she is a vampire. The ensuing tale is largely about the interactions between Eli and Oscar, nothing more grand than that but despite this the story manages to grip you from beginning to end with it's use of character development and frankly the superb acting out of these children. The intricacies of these actors is impressive for their age and they are put to full use in this intriguing, heart-warming (Sometimes?) yet disturbing tale.

The cinematography is spot on and your constantly presented with just beautiful scenery that all the same is dark and dreary. While the CGI is perhaps the lowest point in the movie. Most notably one scene involving some terrible CGI cats, it's perhaps one of the most hysterically bad instances of CGI that I have ever seen. They would have been better off using random stuffed cats and just making hissing noises than they were with the awful crap that was that particular scene. But that's a minor point of contention and really not reflective of the quality of this film.

I've heard statements that this movie is like Twilight but awesome. I can't vouch for that because I've never seen Twilight (Nor do I wish to subject myself to such a thing) and as for the point about it being awesome, absolutely. This one of the few great vampire movies available and if your looking for an interesting take on the vampire movie than really, give this movie a shot.

That'll do it for this glib and uninteresting look at Let The Right One In. Let's hope this has at least made you want to look up a more reputable review.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By jakob187

DOOD, I WANNA SEE THIS MOVIE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BAD!!!  Unfortunately, I've gotta wait for DVD, because Waco is gay and won't show real movies...

...only Beverly Hills Chihuahua.
weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By weltal
jakob187 said:
"DOOD, I WANNA SEE THIS MOVIE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BAD!!!  Unfortunately, I've gotta wait for DVD, because Waco is gay and won't show real movies...
"
I feel ya. The movie theaters around me don't have it showing so a friend and I took a two hour trip across PA to a theater just outside of Philly to see the movie. Absolutely worth it.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By jakob187
Weltal said:
"jakob187 said:
"DOOD, I WANNA SEE THIS MOVIE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BAD!!!  Unfortunately, I've gotta wait for DVD, because Waco is gay and won't show real movies...
"
I feel ya. The movie theaters around me don't have it showing so a friend and I took a two hour across PA just outside of Philly to see the movie. Absolutely worth it."
Yeah, most of the places that I know of in Dallas or Austin aren't showing it now.  It's cool, though.  I think this is one I'd rather watch at home.
Avatar image for vibratingdonkey
vibratingdonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By vibratingdonkey

Not showing here until like....or wait, I must've missed it. Damn it. :(