• 102 results
some1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#101  Edited By some1

There has only been one case made with blasphemy in 1999 and it was found not guilty. This will blow over in a month and if it comes up again the EU will step in and get rid of the law, most likely.

nicolenomicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#102  Edited By nicolenomicon
@Manatassi said:
" @SL33TBL1ND said:

" @Manatassi said:

" @Gunner said:

" @SL33TBL1ND said:
" @Claude said:
" Christians... can't live with them, can't crucify them. "
Lol, Christianity is fine by itself, but once they start trying to impose their beliefs on others, that's when you have problems. "
Thats what Christianity, and religion, essentially is. Convert people to your beliefs so you dont feel so alone. "
Thats not helping the situation its just immature.  

Don't start attacking the Christians that makes you no better than the people who reinforce this law. The law is idiotic however and does not even have the support of the Churches in Ireland in the first place. 
I'm not attacking Christians, just the way that missions in Africa destroy native culture and religion. "
Oh errr ok thats a kinda random response lol you might want to have made the topic a little bit clearer there :P  Christians convert Africans so they don't feel so alone or so the Africans don't feel so alone?  Oh are we talking like modern day or a couple of hundred centuries ago? Sorry its hard to tell. I'm guessing you have allot more experience on the subject than I do, I haven't even been to an African mission in... are we talking about Egypt? Somalia? Zambia? Mozambique or possibly Gambia? sorry I was a bit unclear which part of Africa you meant?  We were talking about Islam right? When you said native Religions? What with that being the second largest Religion on the African Continent..  After Christianity that is. Which I'm guessing you didn't mean? or did you?   Or perhaps you were talking about the oral Mythology of many of the tribes? Like the Lozi? or the Zulu? but then I wouldn't know much about the matter as I haven't got the personal experience you do in this subject.  Anyway thats completely off the point!  So yeah..  like I was saying, that was a rather random jump from your first comment to missionaries there... ?  Actually never mind I don't really care so I guess there's no point pretending interest in the answer. :)    oh and the immature comment was mostly directed at the Crucifixion jab made by Claude. "
Lol, my first comment was imposing their religion on others, so it fits my second post perfectly. Christian missions in Africa preach to them, making them believe in Christianity instead so as time passes their culture is lost.

But honestly who cares any more, lets just leave this thread to die and never talk about religion on the internetz again, it always ends in tears.