#1 Posted by EPGPX (285 posts) -

topic is the question.

#2 Posted by ch3burashka (5037 posts) -

I'm pretty sure they're synonymous...

#3 Posted by kagato (908 posts) -

The law considers it as such so yeah, if you are currently embezzling funds you might want to stop/quit whilst you are ahead.

#4 Posted by Jay_Ray (1076 posts) -

Yes, yes it is.

#5 Posted by EXTomar (4637 posts) -

Yes. Using funds from a business as if it was your own money, even if you "run it", is not legal.

#6 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2231 posts) -

Yes.

#7 Posted by Ekami (256 posts) -

look you don't need to justify your embezzlement to us

it's basically non-issue other then the fact you are stealing money that isn't yours and it is very clearly a crime

#8 Posted by FourWude (2261 posts) -

Yes.

But since it's a white collar crime, it doesn't carry the same stigma as robbing a corner store.

#9 Posted by EPGPX (285 posts) -

Thank you all. I appreciate the answers.

#10 Posted by Ekami (256 posts) -

look you can just explain to the police that you asked the internet about it and they couldn't accurately convince you that it was a crime, so how were you to know for sure?

#11 Edited by Ekami (256 posts) -

"well this book of laws says that it's illegal, but maybe the court of public opinion will be on my side..........SHIT!"

#12 Edited by EPGPX (285 posts) -

@fourwude said:

Yes.

But since it's a white collar crime, it doesn't carry the same stigma as robbing a corner store.

Funny you say that cause this person I know brings up the same exact point you did and shes trying to tell me its not stealing but I tell her it is and I know I'm right but there's no convincing someone who can't accept that their child is a thief.

#13 Posted by Kaiserreich (690 posts) -

How would it not be considered stealing?

#14 Posted by ch3burashka (5037 posts) -

@epgpx said:

@fourwude said:

Yes.

But it's still stealing, am i right?

>dude says "yes"

>still ask to confirm

Yes it's stealing dammit - your desire for a definitive answer makes me think you're embezzling, and trying to figure out if that's a bad thing or not.

Yes, it is.

#15 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3131 posts) -

@ekami said:

look you don't need to justify your embezzlement to us

it's basically non-issue other then the fact you are stealing money that isn't yours and it is very clearly a crime

Yeah but otherwise, totally cool.

#16 Posted by FourWude (2261 posts) -

@epgpx said:

@fourwude said:

Yes.

Yes. Look if you're a white, middle class man, just play the "insanity" card, and say you couldn't cope under the stress of your middle class lifestyle.

You'll get a few years in a minimum security jail with a very nice and free hospital.

#17 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4337 posts) -

lol

#18 Posted by HerbieBug (4212 posts) -

:D! This thread. :D

#19 Edited by EPGPX (285 posts) -

@fourwude said:

@epgpx said:

@fourwude said:

Yes.

Yes. Look if you're a white, middle class man, just play the "insanity" card, and say you couldn't cope under the stress of your middle class lifestyle.

You'll get a few years in a minimum security jail with a very nice and free hospital.

lol.

#20 Posted by Tireyo (6409 posts) -

Gee... What do you think? It doesn't take too much to figure it out!

#21 Posted by Hailinel (24286 posts) -

@fourwude said:

Yes.

Unless you used to work for a company that collapsed due in part to the CEO stealing company funds for his own personal use.

Not that I know this from experience, or anything.

#22 Posted by MideonNViscera (2257 posts) -

Is a custodian a janitor?

#23 Posted by Benny (1950 posts) -

Is a custodian a janitor?

Does a bear shit in the woods?

#24 Posted by IBurningStar (2161 posts) -

It is you stealing a companies money via fraud.It is you taking money that does not belong to you and using that money as if it does. The underline part there is important because that is the part that makes you a thief.

Look, if anyone wants to argue over this then all you have to do is point out that the law considers it a form of theft and that it also considers it a crime. The end.

#25 Posted by jerseyscum (870 posts) -

@epgpx said:

topic is the question.

Have fun at Club Fed.

#26 Edited by korkesh (133 posts) -
#27 Posted by Enai (187 posts) -

Only if you get caught

#28 Posted by Levio (1784 posts) -

Not if you make sure to give the money back when you're done!

#29 Posted by Legion_ (1270 posts) -

Yes.

#30 Edited by DFSVegas (353 posts) -

If this was Jeopardy, and the question was "I took something of value that didn't belong to me" and you said "what is embezzlement?" I'm pretty sure the judges would give it too you... You know, if you're looking for a more straight forward analogy.

#31 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

Yes