Is it worth buying from Amazon?

Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Yukoei

Okay, so I live in Australia and the prices are way cheaper on Amazon then they are here in stores but I have heard shipping costs a lot, how much does it actually cost?

Say for example I wanted Bioshock 2 and the price was $60 how much would it be including shipping?

Thanks ^_^

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

On amazon it is 4.98 shipping for games and 2.98 for movies. Usually, amazon has discounts that can add up to be 2,3, or even 10$, so you can factor that into the price and see where you can get the better deal from either your local game store or amazon.
JoeyIA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By JoeyIA

I don't know if they ship internationally but it would depend on which Amazon you're ordering from. 

amazon.ca 
amazon.com 
amazon.co.uk 
amazon.co.jp 

Also, don't forget about region locks, unless you're getting it for PS3.  Just make an account and see what shipping will be. 

*edit* 
I guess they ship everywhere except Africa, Latin America, and The Middle East, so you should'nt have a problem ordering from like, Amazon.com.
Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Yukoei
@Godlyawesomeguy said:
" On amazon it is 4.98 shipping for games and 2.98 for movies. Usually, amazon has discounts that can add up to be 2,3, or even 10$, so you can factor that into the price and see where you can get the better deal from either your local game store or amazon. "
Overseas?
Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Yukoei
@JoeyIA said:
" I don't know if they ship internationally but it would depend on which Amazon you're ordering from. amazon.ca amazon.com amazon.co.uk amazon.co.jp  Also, don't forget about region locks, unless you're getting it for PS3.  Just make an account and see what shipping will be.  *edit* I guess they ship everywhere except Africa, Latin America, and The Middle East, so you should'nt have a problem ordering from like, Amazon.com. "
Are PC region locked?
JoeyIA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JoeyIA

Nope, PC games aren't. 

But yeah, they'll ship overseas, you'll just have to add stuff to your cart + choose a shipping method and it should spit out a price before you actually confirm buying it.
Burns098356GX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Burns098356GX

I've found that new stuff is pretty much the same price as in stores, but you have to pay for shipping so it ends up costing more in the end. Once your game, movie, CD or whatever has been out for a few months the price goes down some. I know Amazon.ca (Canada) lets me buy stuff from other businesses besides themselves, and they typically say where they ship from. So if I buy from a place thats close to my location the shipping charges are fairly minimal. Luckily I don't live too far out of Toronto, so pretty much everything is shipped through TO. I bought a couple blu-rays a few weeks ago, I think the shipping was like 2 dollars. 

Australia might be a whole different story... The best thing you can do is make an account, go through the buying process up to the final page where it shows the entire cost with shipping.

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By maxszy
@JoeyIA said:

" Nope, PC games aren't.  But yeah, they'll ship overseas, you'll just have to add stuff to your cart + choose a shipping method and it should spit out a price before you actually confirm buying it. "

This. Put it in your cart then go to "proceed to checkout" and at that point it should give you option to select your shipping method and will show how much it would cost. This is all before you confirm your purchase so you can see how much it is before you actually give them any money.

I would suggest using Amazon if it makes the prices better for you with shipping.
nrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By nrain

The Guy above me speaks with logic.