• 97 results
Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Hizang

My dad got back from a business trip, he treated me to a pair of dr. dre beats. I'm used to just iPhone default headphones, so I was amazed at how good they are.
Do you guys have any, ifso reccomend me some good songs to take advantage of these wonders.

Spankmealotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Spankmealotus

I couldn't bring myself to pay that much for headphones of any kind. They are super nice though. Congrats. I would recommend some Dr. Dre to take advantage of them. It only seems right.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Cloudenvy

Yaaaaay for incredibly overpriced headphones that are totally not worth it!

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By alternate

Congrats, your dad over paid :-O At least they sound better than cheap earphones, unlike the $100 scart cables Monster built it's empire selling to suckers.

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By jacdg

I really wanted the Beats by Dre, the full on cool designed ones, but the price was just to steep and I heard they leaked a lot of sound which is not ideal when using them on a bus, so I didn't get them and just stuck with some random headphone. Plus, I'm probably not the type of person who would look cool with such a thing anyway.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Chop

They're good for anything with brain boiling bass.

Honestly, I don't like beats. They just sound messy to me but hey, they're MILES above those shit-buds of apples.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#7  Edited By beargirl1

here's a filthy dubstep tune to take full advantage of your (possibly) killer headphones

oh god i want this song to burn in a fire

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By NegativeCero

Oh, let him be excited about his new headphones. I've heard that they put too much bass into them, but since they're your first high end pair, I guess you can't compare.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Milkman

Something about calling them "Dr. Dre Earphones" is funny to me.

theguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By theguy

Yeah a load of people I know have started buying them. The actual audio quality isn't worth the price but they're mostly a style thing. You can get better audio for half the price but if you're not that pushed. They are pretty awesome for free though.

Avatar image for deactivated-629eab11cc270
deactivated-629eab11cc270

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How old are you? It's kind of weird how you talk about having sex all the time and post pictures of condoms and then start a thread about how your daddy bought you some new headphones.

lumley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#12  Edited By lumley
BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BabyChooChoo

@Cloudenvy said:

Yeah, I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but this is soooooo true. When compared to everything else in their price range, Beats are laughable at best. But hey, if you're enjoying them then more power to you OP.

theguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By theguy

@Lumley said:

I got some new headphones a couple a months ago and opted a pair of these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-MDR-V55-DJ-Stereo-Headphones/dp/B007I1QY5Y/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1347051347&sr=1-3.

I've since tried Beats and I think I prefer mine to them. As for music I'd recommend listening to some Deadmau5.

Those are nice. I have these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-MDRXB700-Giant-Headphones-Driver/dp/B001UE6PE0/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1347051580&sr=1-1 I'd never wear them outside but they're crazy comfortable and have great audio quality.

hwy_61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By hwy_61

I bought a pair of beats, and returned them not even a week later. They do a mediocre job for $300. Also, the cable they give you is ridiculously short.

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TyCobb

Dr Dre headphones look too stupid to buy. I would also be throwing my money away because they jack up the price because of his name and he makes a god awful amount off each headphone that sells.

Optix12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Optix12

well done on the new headphones, even though for that price i would have totally gone for sennheisers. A year ago my last pair (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Reloop-RHP-10-DJ-Headphones/dp/B003A68VJ8/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1347051668&sr=1-3) broke on a hinge and after enough research I personally found some Sony's (like Lumley) mdr-v700 was the way to go cheap for around 70 of the greatest of british pounds http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-MDR-V700DJ-Professional-DJ-Headphones/dp/B00005QBU6/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1347051767&sr=1-1.

Song choice I feel its only right that "Three Loco - We Are Farmers" gets played inside those battery operated bass machines

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#18  Edited By Vinny_Says

Any song by Eazy E.

I wonder how much of Dre's $110 million dollar income last year came from the headphones....effin millionaires.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Hizang
@BabyChooChoo

@Cloudenvy said:

Yeah, I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but this is soooooo true. When compared to everything else in their price range, Beats are laughable at best. But hey, if you're enjoying them then more power to you OP.

Remember, it's my first pair of high end earphones and I paid nothing for them.
ManU_Fan10ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By ManU_Fan10ne

Beats look very nice, but for the sound quality, they are not worth the price. On the other hand, Congrats!!!! you got a good looking pair of headphones, and they are a HUGE upgrade from the stock apple ones (which are horrible).

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By TheHBK

Cool, I have been thinking about getting some Dre Beats. Which ones did you get? The big ones or little ones or in ear?

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Karl_Boss

You can get better quality for cheaper, but hey if you didn't pay for them more power to you.

camp7203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By camp7203

VERY overpriced headphones, made my the same company that makes Monster products. If you don't know who they are, stop in any best buy and look at the outrageous prices they list on their products. For the money you could've picked up a pair of Sennheiser HD580's for about 50 bucks less. Even so, those headphones are a massive leap in quality compared to the Steve Job bones you get with an Iphone.

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By imsh_pl

Congratulations on buying $50 headphones with a celebrity logo for triple the price.

ItBeStefYo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ItBeStefYo

Way to give it to the man...

HorseFactory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By HorseFactory

Can't shortchange yourself on a sweet pair of cans, am I right?

Make sure you have a rad hat to go with that, so you can be the popular kid.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Hizang

@imsh_pl said:

Congratulations on buying $50 headphones with a celebrity logo for triple the price.

Proof bombers that people often read the header and thats all.

lumley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#29  Edited By lumley

@theguy said:

@Lumley said:

I got some new headphones a couple a months ago and opted a pair of these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-MDR-V55-DJ-Stereo-Headphones/dp/B007I1QY5Y/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1347051347&sr=1-3.

I've since tried Beats and I think I prefer mine to them. As for music I'd recommend listening to some Deadmau5.

Those are nice. I have these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-MDRXB700-Giant-Headphones-Driver/dp/B001UE6PE0/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1347051580&sr=1-1 I'd never wear them outside but they're crazy comfortable and have great audio quality.

Wow, they do look comfortable, they look the equivalent of holding a pillow to each ear!

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By imsh_pl

@Hizang: Ok, so your father bought them for you, and you didn't pay for them. Good for you. Doesn't change the fact that they are shit headphones for the price.

Also, if I was to buy a $150 pair of headphones for anyone, I would probably do a little research instead of picking the first item in the 'popular' section of a music store.

But hey, opinions. Enjoy your headphones I guess.

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#31  Edited By irrelevantjohn

Wait.. Is it the Solo or the Studio beats? I remember Solo being a piece of junk for audio quality. I did like the sound of the Studio version though but it's cost is too damn high!

theguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By theguy

@Lumley said:

@theguy said:

@Lumley said:

Wow, they do look comfortable, they look the equivalent of holding a pillow to each ear!

Yeah they're about as big too :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5b8316ffae7ad
deactivated-5b8316ffae7ad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With these headphones you'll be able to hear a lot of details that you've never heard before. Apple headphones are even more of a ripoff. Dr. Dre headphones are perfectly fine for people who are into bassy music - but this can make vocals sound under represented and muddy.

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Scrawnto

Hey duders, have you never heard the old saying "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth?" Let him be happy that he has headphones better than $5 ear buds. Let him be happy that his dad did something thoughtful. Try not to be a dick.

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#35  Edited By irrelevantjohn

@Hizang: As much as I don't like those headphones, I think it's nice of your dad to get you those. For your first "high-end" headphones, I think it's a good starting point to hearing music other than cheap sub $20 earbuds.

As for songs, I recommend Muse's Undisclosed Desires if you want to feel the headphones rocking in your head literally.

renmckormack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By renmckormack

YO DOG What better to listen to with your Beats By Dre headphones than beats literally made by Dre. I recommend the following:

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By BabyChooChoo

@Hizang said:

@BabyChooChoo

@Cloudenvy said:

Yeah, can't really fault you for that and I doubt your dad is a headphone expert so can't really fault him either. He was just trying to do something nice for you. Nothing wrong with that at all. But for future reference, and I hate sounding like some sort of audio snob lol, if you (or him or anyone else you know) have enough money to shell out for Beats, buy something else instead.

renmckormack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By renmckormack

WHATUP

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Mirado

You can do a lot worse then Beats. Mind, you can do a lot better for cheaper, but seeing as you payed $0 and are upgrading from what is probably the worst set on Earth, I think you've done quite alright.

Just ask for some tips if you every want to spend that much on your own. :D

jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#40  Edited By jeff

I got mine with credit card reward points and really like 'em. I needed some good noise cancelling headphones after my last pair got stolen, so they're really useful on airplanes.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By BabyChooChoo

@RenMcKormack: uuuuuuh, hi?

GS_Dan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#42  Edited By GS_Dan

Don't be dicks, guys. They're expensive sure, but they're good. More than that they're a huge jump from what you were using before and you'll find yourself noticing a lot more depth in your music- stuff you've never noticed before.

Firstly make sure you're making the most of those headphones- ensure your tunes are 320kbps at least. Afte you've gone through your music collection re-listening to things, I'd recommend the bands Tool and The Flaming Lips - both bands are very different but have a huge amount of depth and are mixed very well. I especially recommend Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots and 10,000 Days for pure mix quality.

Also, don't walk around town with these things around your neck. You'll look a tool, you might get robbed and you might break a very pricey present!

Enjoy them duder.

vilhelmnielsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#43  Edited By vilhelmnielsen

Listen to something bass-y. Throw on some hip-hop. Maybe listen to The Next Episode on repeat?

pipedreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By pipedreams

We have some beats studio, they sound pretty good. But, the cord started to go funky kind of easily..

Now we have Klipsch ear buds, me gusta.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By monetarydread

@Hizang said:

@BabyChooChoo

@Cloudenvy said:

The problem is that they aren't high-end. They are $100 headphones that are marked up to a premium price. These are in the same category as headphones from Skull-candy, you pay for the looks, not the quality of sound. Ie. style over substance

Edit: I actually used to own those headphones, watch out for the cable (it breaks easier than the stock iphone cables), take care of the headphones (more expensive headphones are actually more fragile than cheaper pairs), and root your iPhone so you can install a proper parametric-EQ. The iPhone has one of the worst DSP's in an MP3 player, so being able to adjust the tone being outputted to your headphones will make a world of difference. If you can plug it into an MP3 player like the Sanza Clip+ (with Rockbox), or a Sony NWZ-line of MP3 players, then use nothing but lossless music, a good pair of headphones will point out every flaw with an MP3. Unless all you listen to is hip-hop or techno, those are pretty much the only genres of music that work with those headphones on a stock iphone with an mp3 playing.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By laserbolts

Haha rough crowd OP. My roomate has a pair and they sound awesome. I'd recommend listening to whatever music you like really.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By cmblasko

Congrats on the gift. I remember trying those out in a store awhile back and they sounded pretty good to me; was quite taken back by the price tag, though. Wish I could afford something of that caliber; I am currently using a pair of Sennheiser HD202's that I got for $20ish.

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By TyCobb

@Scrawnto said:

Hey duders, have you never heard the old saying "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth?" Let him be happy that he has headphones better than $5 ear buds. Let him be happy that his dad did something thoughtful. Try not to be a dick.

That phrase means absolutely nothing in the context of this thread. Did we receive the headphones? No. People can bash the headphones all they want. If he was giving us headphones and we bashed them, well then, your saying would have worked.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b847dda3e8d2
deactivated-5b847dda3e8d2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a pair of studios and they sound awesome. Well worth the money I say.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#50  Edited By zombie2011

@Hizang: Beats are awful for their price.

I bought some V-Moda LP2's for $120 and they are awesome.