Just listened to eminems new album twice straight through

kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By kishan6

I have to say the first time i heard it i thought that it was total shit... 

and i was going to post that it was his worst album yet and how he should just quit hip hop so he doesnt tarnish his name anymore. 

however after listening to it for the second time i have to say that even though the production is incredibly overdone and eminem (kinda) comes off as a pussy, he still has some totally awesome lyrics and only a couple of songs on the album have me cringing and a good amount of the songs are pretty good.  even without a song that really stands out or speaks to me i think its a pretty good  album overall 
still not sure if em needs another album for another five years or so. 

he seriously needs to turn down the production and go for more heavy hitting beats in his next album 
i dont even want to know how many fucking times he dissed relapse which was probly just as good an album as recovery and he even insulted encore which was straight up better. but w/e posting this for no reason on a video game site FTW

kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By kishan6

I have to say the first time i heard it i thought that it was total shit... 

and i was going to post that it was his worst album yet and how he should just quit hip hop so he doesnt tarnish his name anymore. 

however after listening to it for the second time i have to say that even though the production is incredibly overdone and eminem (kinda) comes off as a pussy, he still has some totally awesome lyrics and only a couple of songs on the album have me cringing and a good amount of the songs are pretty good.  even without a song that really stands out or speaks to me i think its a pretty good  album overall 
still not sure if em needs another album for another five years or so. 

he seriously needs to turn down the production and go for more heavy hitting beats in his next album 
i dont even want to know how many fucking times he dissed relapse which was probly just as good an album as recovery and he even insulted encore which was straight up better. but w/e posting this for no reason on a video game site FTW

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By PeasantAbuse

Is this the album that hasn't even come out yet?
kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By kishan6

it was leaked

Interfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Interfect
@kishan6 said:
" it was leaked "
Leaked as in it sounds like he recorded himself taking a leak and made an album out of that? 

Nah I kid I know what your talking about
Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Skytylz

I listened to it and I don't really feel like the instrumental part goes too well with rapping.  I think the simpler the better with rap usually, but that just my opinion.

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By ez123

Yeah, the Relapse dissing was weird, I thought that album had some good stuff.  I like this album a lot better though. No Love was surprisingly awesome, probably my favorite of the album.  The only bad songs for me were Won't Back Down, Seduction and Cinderella Man. I still can't wait for the album because now he will probably have bonus tracks as incentive for people to buy it and Be Careful What You Wish For was one of the best things in Relapse.

Danbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Danbo

I'm yet to listen to it. Eminem seriously let me down with Relapse, compared to his older stuff I just thought it was...terrible. Hopefully he's recovered (ohh yeaaah)  with Recovery and back to his best.

Codariocalyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Codariocalyx

I actually thought it was a good album. I Avoided Relapse till about a week ago because i dont really like his Slim Shady persona and the accents it comes with, listening to the two at the same time fresh, Recovery seems a huge step forward in re-reaching his best stuff.  

EDIT: yeah the encore insulting did cause me to rewind and just check he actually said it, some of his best tracks were on that album even if it wasnt his best
Avatar image for deactivated-57aaaa9329732
deactivated-57aaaa9329732

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

has he changed his style so that he isn't a rapping version of a family guy episode? 

kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By kishan6
@TorresLFC said:

" I actually thought it was a good album. I Avoided Relapse till about a week ago because i dont really like his Slim Shady persona and the accents it comes with, listening to the two at the same time fresh, Recovery seems a huge step forward in re-reaching his best stuff.   EDIT: yeah the encore insulting did cause me to rewind and just check he actually said it, some of his best tracks were on that album even if it wasnt his best "

well its not like that he has that accent always when he's slim shady 
he didnt do that until like 1 song on encore and most of the songs on relapse 
not to mention he has that annoying slight autotuning robot voice shit in almost every song in this album... 
listen closely and u'll hear it 
and  as long as the production and his delivery is like this he will never again be rapping songs as good as this 

and remember i think its  a pretty good album... 
but im really sad this is the direction he is going with his music 
Codariocalyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Codariocalyx
@kishan6: 
Nah I agree the Slim Shady stuff didnt always have the accents that it does now, I think Fack was the song that tipped it for me to never want to hear any more Slim Shady stuff when he could produce songs like When I'm Gone on the same album. When I heard Relapse I got Fack flashbacks and i decided it wasn't for me.  

And so much has gone on since he produced some of those songs you've picked out i dont think he'll every re-create that kind of music because he was in such a darker place back then. Saying that I still think that Recovery is a huge step forward from even if he's swapped the darker tones for an album filled with some positive messages. Honestly i'm an admirer of the man as much as the music so hearing him sounding hopeful is a relief as i wasn't sure he'd ever manage it after Proofs death
Avatar image for DELETE_chickenpants
ChickenPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ChickenPants

I had a quick listen and I thought that although I thought he was kinda back on his game in terms of rapping and lyrics the music underneath just killed it for me.Some of it sounds like the crappy synth stuff that tween songs use.

Avatar image for computerplayer1
Computerplayer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13  Edited By Computerplayer1
@kishan6: 

Lol you mean a direction where he's not fucked on drugs all the time? I'm of the opinion that his ability to write and deliver (especially live) have gotten better since he's gotten off drugs. Even if his music was slightly worse than his older stuff, I'd much rather see the guy not killing himself.
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@kishan6 said:
" i dont even want to know how many fucking times he dissed relapse which was probly just as good an album as recovery and he even insulted encore which was straight up better. but w/e posting this for no reason on a video game site FTW "
@ez123 said:
" Yeah, the Relapse dissing was weird, I thought that album had some good stuff.   "

Eminem disses his own albums? he dissed Relapse? why? Relapse was so fucking good and different and mature.. i love that damn album. Same Song & Dance is really a hip hop masterpiece IMO
 can you link me to a video/article where he disses it ? 

Oh and, im looking forward to listen to  Recovery.. listening to "I'm Not Afraid" right now and its alryte
Codariocalyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Codariocalyx
@Ahmad_Metallic:
In the song not afraid he says relapse was "ehh" and another song on the Recovery album he says "the last two albums didnt count because Encore he was on drugs and Relapse he was coming off them" 

EDIT: The other song was Talking 2 Myself
Sadisticham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Sadisticham

I thought it was back on form myself.  Hes matured a lot past his old stuff which is great because i think at 30+ if he was still trying to pass himself off like he was in older albums he'd look like a joke. 

No love is fantastic i think which is saying something as I'm no fan of lil wayne. Space bound is great too i think. One or two songs i'm not a fan of but beyond that it's great. Much much better than relapse.

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ez123
@Ahmad_Metallic: Well there are the ones Torres mentioned and in Cinderella Man, he said "fuck my last cd, that shit's in my trash." Let this be the last time I mention Cinderella Man, ugh.
kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By kishan6
@TorresLFC said:
" @kishan6: Nah I agree the Slim Shady stuff didnt always have the accents that it does now, I think Fack was the song that tipped it for me to never want to hear any more Slim Shady stuff when he could produce songs like When I'm Gone on the same album. When I heard Relapse I got Fack flashbacks and i decided it wasn't for me.   And so much has gone on since he produced some of those songs you've picked out i dont think he'll every re-create that kind of music because he was in such a darker place back then. Saying that I still think that Recovery is a huge step forward from even if he's swapped the darker tones for an album filled with some positive messages. Honestly i'm an admirer of the man as much as the music so hearing him sounding hopeful is a relief as i wasn't sure he'd ever manage it after Proofs death "
lots of people like murs convey positive messages without having shitty lil wayne style beats and production 

and this guy 
@Computerplayer1
said:
" @kishan6:   Lol you mean a direction where he's not fucked on drugs all the time? I'm of the opinion that his ability to write and deliver (especially live) have gotten better since he's gotten off drugs. Even if his music was slightly worse than his older stuff, I'd much rather see the guy not killing himself. "
needs to stop putting words in my mouth 
i said i dont want him to go in this direction with his music not his life 
and if u've heard his first 4 albums then you would know this is more than slightly worse
bunnyboiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By bunnyboiler

Eminem has been spending too much time with those idiots Lil Wayne and Drake. 

Avatar image for computerplayer1
Computerplayer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20  Edited By Computerplayer1
@kishan6 said:
" @TorresLFC said:
" @kishan6: Nah I agree the Slim Shady stuff didnt always have the accents that it does now, I think Fack was the song that tipped it for me to never want to hear any more Slim Shady stuff when he could produce songs like When I'm Gone on the same album. When I heard Relapse I got Fack flashbacks and i decided it wasn't for me.   And so much has gone on since he produced some of those songs you've picked out i dont think he'll every re-create that kind of music because he was in such a darker place back then. Saying that I still think that Recovery is a huge step forward from even if he's swapped the darker tones for an album filled with some positive messages. Honestly i'm an admirer of the man as much as the music so hearing him sounding hopeful is a relief as i wasn't sure he'd ever manage it after Proofs death "
lots of people like murs convey positive messages without having shitty lil wayne style beats and production 

and this guy 
@Computerplayer1
said:
" @kishan6:   Lol you mean a direction where he's not fucked on drugs all the time? I'm of the opinion that his ability to write and deliver (especially live) have gotten better since he's gotten off drugs. Even if his music was slightly worse than his older stuff, I'd much rather see the guy not killing himself. "
needs to stop putting words in my mouth i said i dont want him to go in this direction with his music not his life and if u've heard his first 4 albums then you would know this is more than slightly worse "
Most definitely not putting words in your mouth, guy. You simply misinterpreted what I wrote.

All of his early stuff (which yes, I did listen to quite heavily) was written almost always when he was messed up on some drug. I did not mean that you'd rather see him messed up on the stuff, I meant that's where his music came from. As I said before, I'd rather him seem worse to diehard fans of his older material and be off drugs (notice it's I'd, not you'd).

I'll agree that Relapse was God awful, although most everyone including himself agrees with that. From what I've heard of Recovery so far (which has mostly been singles to be put on radio stations) it seems stellar, and certainly on par with most of his stuff from years and years ago.
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By HitmanAgent47

It's a good album, however none of the songs besides not afraid is memorable. Good lyrics and i'm still listening to it alot.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I just finished my first play of the album, and I'll say it's his best work since The Eminem Show. Is that saying a whole lot? No, but don't get me wrong. Recovery is a good sign for Eminem. Not every song is a classic, and it doesn't always have the intensity and passion that The Marshall Mathers LP had, but it's a more than serviceable album. I'm quite glad his shitty accents have been done away with, and so is (most of) that silly horrorcore shit. The artists he collaborates with don't slouch either. On the track he did with Lil' Wayne, "No Love", I felt like Lil' Wayne stole the song from him.  

I still don't really know what to think of the whole album, it'll take a few more listens to form a solid opinion on it, but I feel like the quick flashes of the old Eminem that we see, coupled with the more matured sober Eminem, make for an entirely worthy comeback album for the great Slim Shady. If I was to give it a rating, I'd probably give it an 8.5 or a 9.

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By vaiz

I wasn't super in to it for the entire album. It was good, but never held my attention like some of his older stuff did.

And then that seventeenth bonus track hit, and I was like "Oh, there's Slim."

Codariocalyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Codariocalyx
@kishan6:
Having never listened to Lil Wayne i cant say one way or the other. My Rap knowledge starts and end with Eminem and I have listened to all his previous albums. Recovery is 100% better than Relapse and is about on par with Encore. The rest of his albums are still a standard above but i'll take a sober Eminem over the rap perfection some people want anyday
roscoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By roscoe

i dont get what you mean by the production being "overdone" production on the majority of the songs makes it listenable. i dont want to hear ems whiny singing voice, and when hes raping it carries most of the songs. encore and relapse were pretty terrible, unless youre into songs that are decent to listen to when driving...

kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By kishan6
@Computerplayer1 said:
" @kishan6 said:
" @TorresLFC said:

and this guy 
@Computerplayer1
said:
needs to stop putting words in my mouth i said i dont want him to go in this direction with his music not his life and if u've heard his first 4 albums then you would know this is more than slightly worse "
Most definitely not putting words in your mouth, guy. You simply misinterpreted what I wrote.  All of his early stuff (which yes, I did listen to quite heavily) was written almost always when he was messed up on some drug. I did not mean that you'd rather see him messed up on the stuff, I meant that's where his music came from. As I said before, I'd rather him seem worse to diehard fans of his older material and be off drugs (notice it's I'd, not you'd).  I'll agree that Relapse was God awful, although most everyone including himself agrees with that. From what I've heard of Recovery so far (which has mostly been singles to be put on radio stations) it seems stellar, and certainly on par with most of his stuff from years and years ago. "
ok i may have misinterpreted some of what you said.  however you were implying that i would rather him still be addicted to drugs than having him be off drugs. 

anyways i think its stupid to argue it anyways.  internet wars are retarded. 
and i dont care what you say relapse WAS NOT BAD.  his voice pissed me off.  his voice with the weird ass effect they put on all his songs also pisses me off in this album.  and besides insane i really didnt HATE any of the songs.  crack a bottle was pretty sick imo.  we made you was just as good as not afraid.  refill had a couple of pretty awesome songs on it as well.  and eminem had finished relapse 2 with appearances from dr.dre and fifty.  he didnt deliver with recovery however because the features in this are PINK (kill me) lil wayne (Kill me twice)  and rihanna and not the cool type of rihanna from run this town (so eh). 
he does every verse in the album except for one done by lil wayne who (even tho his verse actually was pretty good) seemed like he was the star of the song and btw he is pretty much my least favorite person in the rap industry       i mean seriously listen to this 

the more i listen to this album ,however, the more i like it. and ya 
i still hope he goes back to his old style and gets a new producer because all of these songs sound like they are trying to be a single 
i assume dre didnt produce this btw (didnt check)
Codariocalyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Codariocalyx
@kishan6: Congrats you just fired Dr Dre  ;)
kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By kishan6
ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ez123

Dre is executive producer of the album but only really produces one song, which was So Bad(the actual song's name BTW). I liked the switch in style. Relapse was pretty much all Dre. Em is a great producer, he should have done at least one. 

Whoever produced No Love did an awesome job, I can't believe you have... no love.

kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By kishan6
@ez123 said:
" Dre is executive producer of the album but only really produces one song, which was So Bad(the actual song's name BTW). I liked the switch in style. Relapse was pretty much all Dre. Em is a great producer, he should have done at least one.  Whoever produced No Love did an awesome job, I can't believe you have... no love. "
so bad was the best song on the album to
Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#31  Edited By Akeldama

Hes the Marilyn Manson of his genre. Washed up and played out.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#32  Edited By wefwefasdf

Eminem seems to be getting worse as time goes on. There are only two songs that I like on this new album and they don't even compare to some of his older stuff. Kind of disappointing.

Codariocalyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Codariocalyx
@Akeldama said:

"Hes the Marilyn Manson of his genre. Washed up and played out. "

What a terrible comparison/analogy

@SpikeSpiegel:
So in your opinion Relapse was better Recovery?