Just watched the CowBoy Bebop Movie for the first time!

MeetThePyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By MeetThePyro

And Wow! What an excellent blend of American pulp noir and Japanese Si-fi. The villains motives were a little unclear and weird, but hey I thought is was a great film. (Good music too)

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JJOR64

Holy fuck, this is like your 10th thread in 24 hours.  Anyways, Cowboy Bebop is awesome.

MeetThePyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MeetThePyro
@JJOR64 said:
" Holy fuck, this is like your 10th thread in 24 hours.  Anyways, Cowboy Bebop is awesome. "
I'm a thread Maniac!
Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

When did that come out 1999?  I watched the series, can't remember if I saw the movie. I think the series was better.

Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Osaladin

Vincent!

SM2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By SM2099

If you like Cowboy Beebop then you should probably give Samurai Champloo a chance. Both are like from the same director or something. Plus Samurai Champloo is kinda like Cowboy Beebop only that instead Cowboy bounty hunters you have Ronins and instead of jazz music u have hip hop (j-rap I think they call it).

Hey you dont loose anything by trying, right?

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By gingertastic_10

I've never even watched the TV show.

Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Cerza

Glad you liked it. It's a good movie. I prefer the TV series though. It's one of my all my time favorites out of any series I have ever seen and not just Anime. As another poster said, you should check out Samurai Champloo. It's by the same guy that did Bebop. I don't think it's as good as Bebop, but it's still very, very, very good and worth checking out.

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By DanielJW

Yeah I recently started listening to the /filmcast, and one of the people on there said that if you're going to watch an anime it should be Cowboy Bebop. 

Is that true? I'm pretty interested in watching some, would I need to buy seasons online? I don't know how to go about getting my hands on it.
Gargantuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Gargantuan

The only anime that's better than Cowboy Bebop is Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex.
I highly recommend that everybody should see GitS, Cowboy Bebop and Trigun.

FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By FCKSNAP
@DanielJW: Almost certainly the best anime to watch especially for someone who doesn't have a running interest in anime, mostly since it's grounded in American pop culture and action flicks.

It's a single season, it's not some sort of BSG or LOST or Heroes that try to milk the 'series' as it's a single story that's told over the course of 26 episodes.

Rightsuf.com has the whole collection for $29.99 and Amazon has the movie for $11.99. Those are pretty cheap prices compared to everywhere else.