Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Dallas_Raines

http://cdn.niketalk.com/7/75/900x900px-LL-75da8f99_kobesad.png

A fitting image for a celebrity dirtbag who used his power and fame to wipe his heinous crimes from history. I can only hope that Roethlisberger suffers the same fate this season.</p><p>Long live the Clippers.</p>

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By musubi

@dallas_raines: Some context please? I have no clue what you're talking about.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

I don't know know what this is about, but that last part is all gibberish. Syntax language, edit it..

That picture says alot though..

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Demoskinos He suffered a complete ACL tear.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I can't wait until he stars in the sequel to Space Jam.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By TruthTellah

Eh, regardless of what you think of him as a person, Koby Bryant will be back. It's just a probably torn achilles tendon. With what doctors can do now and the amount of money resting on him, he'll get the best care possible and be back next season.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By InternetDotCom

It is a possible torn achilles and that man will not let this be the end of him.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

A fitting image for a celebrity dirtbag who used his power and fame to wipe his heinous crimes from history. I can only hope that Roethlisberger suffers the same fate this season.</p><p>Long live the Clippers.</p>

Oh, come on. This is so fucking crude I can't even begin to address it properly. I'm resisting the urge to use more aggressive language with you because I know if I let myself slip to that, my dumb ass is going to get banned.

---

Kobe is a legend. If this is the end, he'll be remembered as one of the two or three best guards to ever play. More likely, he'll return to the Lakers in some role-playing capacity before calling it a career. At which point I'm sure the Buss family will talk him into transitioning to a coaching role, an idea Kobe himself has publicly repulsed in the past.

Sad to see it happen, though. Grew up watching him do his thing. The guy is history made flesh, to be sure.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

It's an achilles tear and I can assure you that he will play again. Say what you want about him but his work ethic and pain threshold is superhuman. He won't go out like this.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you really think Kobe will go out like that, then you have no idea what you're talking about.

Avatar image for maskedarcstrike
maskedarcstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By maskedarcstrike

As much as I dislike the Lakers, specifically Bynum for what he did to JJ Barea during the 2011 Western Conference Semi's in game 4. I don't have a problem with Kobe's on the court etiquette.

But don't bring that rape case shit from Colorado in here, that case was so shady with so many holes it wasn't even funny. The case's accuser didn't even testify which was why the criminal trial was dismissed and then the civil case was settled out of court.

And I'm not a freaking a Kobe defender but cmon man.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let's all revel in the misfortunes of a particular pro athlete, as if he's any more of a dirtbag than any other celebrity with that much money and attention lavished on them!

Surely doing this doesn't, in turn, make us despicable human beings!

Hzaife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Hzaife

@dallas_raines said:

Wow really?...

Not short on Haterade tonight are you.

Avatar image for maskedarcstrike
maskedarcstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@dallas_raines: Btw Roethlisberger is pretty much done since his ankle injury nearly two years ago on the season when the Steelers lost to Tebow's Broncos in the playoffs.

Guy has no mobility anymore whatsoever.

dr_mantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Turns out his Achilles' Heel.. is his Achilles' Heel!

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Is this the thread for "I don't like Kobe, I hope he dies, yay!"?

Turns out his Achilles' Heel.. is his Achilles' Heel!

Pazaw!

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

I hope he doesn't think he can make a new career out of VGCW just because Charles Barkley is the champion.

expensiveham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could someone explain why everyone hates Kobe Bryant? Basketball is not big where i live so i have no idea.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Could someone explain why everyone hates Kobe Bryant? Basketball is not big where i live so i have no idea.

He was accused of rape.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TrafalgarLaw

@milkman said:

@dallas_raines said:

It's an achilles tear and I can assure you that he will play again. Say what you want about him but his work ethic and pain threshold is superhuman. He won't go out like this.

It depends on the severity of the tear. Anyhow, if it's a complete tear he needs to go re-attachment surgery and therapy for at least 4 months.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22  Edited By Seppli

@dallas_raines:

I fell victim to a full ACL tear in my late teens, and anybody who wishes such a faith on anyone is on my shit-list.

Also - anyone who'd condemn a man so completely on hearsay, well... let's leave it at that, because I'd have nothing but ugly things to say to you.

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A buddy of mine tore his ACL during football in junior year, came back senior year after rehab and was as if he never got injured. Kobe is not a bad guy, Sure he is a dick at times but so are 90% of all celebrities. He was accused of rape but it got dropped due to the accuser not doing "their" job so it is now Null & void as any thing against him.

AiurFlux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By AiurFlux

Jesus Christ, when did innocent until proven guilty just go completely out the fucking window? Some of you guys... wow. I pray that you never end up on a jury.

If you don't like him, fine. But don't try to deny that he is one of the greatest basketball players ever. Straight out of high school, 17 years playing, multiple championships, 30000+ points, and a massive amount of charity work. The ignorance is astounding. Especially from the "Clippers fan" that probably wasn't a Clippers fan prior to CP3 and Griffin being on the team. Gotta love that bandwagon.

donfonzie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By donfonzie

Kobe Bryant - Great basketball player; not so great a human being.

SocietySays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't get how NBA fans hate this guy so much. I'm not sure there is a player in that league who does not have a huge ego or hasn't had the law "bent" for him.

I'm not a fan of the sport, but I do watch sport highlights and every time they show this guy it looks like he is working his ass off and carrying his team.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#27  Edited By Hailinel

I don't get how NBA fans hate this guy so much. I'm not sure there is a player in that league who does not have a huge ego or hasn't had the law "bent" for him.

I'm not a fan of the sport, but I do watch sport highlights and every time they show this guy it looks like he is working his ass off and carrying his team.

Most NBA players haven't been brought up on rape charges while working their asses off on the court.

HHAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#28  Edited By HHAP

Boston fan here, but I hope Bryant can come back for the good of the game. That guy's work ethic is beyond the norm.

Avatar image for deactivated-61356eb4a76c8
deactivated-61356eb4a76c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

innocent until proven guilty. Kobe's accuser got her payday and dropped the charges.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@hhap said:

Boston fan here, but I hope Bryant can come back for the good of the game. That guy's work ethic is beyond the norm.

same, Celtics fan for life, but I still have to appreciate the way Bryant plays. Hope he recovers.

WesleyWyndam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

He's in his mid 30's and his body can't take the amount of minutes he played that night. At that moment he was on the floor for every minute. It was D'antoni's and Kobe's fault cause D'antoni won't cross Kobe and Kobe doesn't no when he should rest. Lakers still got Dwight Howard so its not impossible for them to win games in the playoffs, but too much to handle in OKC and San Antonio later on in the later rounds.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A good friend of mine was falsely accused of rape by a mean, crazy bitch and shit points to the same having happened with Bryant. So GTFO with that nonsense.

That shit happens way too often and there should be stricter laws to come down on women that do it, because even if it is never proven there will be people that still believe it. A woman can ruin your life with just one word. It's disgusting.

mrpandaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By mrpandaman

@i_stay_puft: Kobe was basically the biggest reason why they were still in the race for that 8th seed. Sure Lakers have Dwight and they have Pau Gasol, but against the Spurs or Thunder, they don't have a great chance to win games.

As for condemning Kobe, as someone else here said that Colorado rape case seemed so shady. And heinous crimes from history? There are far worst people in the world we can condemn than Kobe.

FunkasaurasRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By FunkasaurasRex

@thedudeofgaming said:

@expensiveham said:

He's a black celebrity who was accused of rape.

Fixed that for you.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By bigjeffrey

I used to give a crap about the Lakers since i live in LA. Now i could care less about all sports

GioVANNI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By GioVANNI

This is going to sadly overshadow the disgusting officiating last night. The Lakers had 50 free throws and the Warriors had 16 in a 2 point game. Shit like that makes me not want to watch the NBA.

madpierrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Last I saw he was going to be out 6-9 months with an achilles tendon injury, which really sounds bad. Man thinking about it, that's right around the start of next season, he'll be 35 years old, but in his 18th season with over 1200 games played not including playoffs and Olympics. It was pretty amazing what he was doing this year and the level he was playing at, but it does seem hard to think that we'll see that again. It seems like you shouldn't doubt one of the... 15 best players in NBA history and especially one whose as competitive (almost Jordan level fire) as him but there's a lot going against him.

Personally yes there is stuff in his past that's well, not good, but being happy over a really bad injury isn't something I'm just willing to do. I guess if it wasn't already now the Lakers season is really over. Curious if maybe the offense will truly run all through Nash and him and Howard can start something good. Still though, not going to be a good year for the Lakers and that's putting it mildly. Never was a Lakers or Kobe fan for that matter, but I did enjoy watching him play.

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#39  Edited By jiggajoe14

@expensiveham said:

Part of it is playing for the Lakers, part of it is some of the obnoxious Kobe Bryant/Lakers fans/media who are in love with him to a fault, and part of it is due to the rape trial (though that whole thing was a mess).

I have despised Kobe since his Lakers beat the Pacers in the finals so many years ago (lord I'm old lol). It sucks not to be able to root so vehemently against him in the playoffs this year. He should be back in time next year to keep the Lakers from getting the lottery (and a shot at the next NBA franchise stud).

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

Was he convicted of rape? Because anyone can say he raped them, and so far no one has provided any proof, and I dont care enough to look at the evidence.

Also if everyone who as ever been charged with a crime was treated like a criminal, then there would not need to be a court.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#41  Edited By jakob187

@aiurflux said:

Jesus Christ, when did innocent until proven guilty just go completely out the fucking window?

A-GODDAMN-MEN, BROTHER!

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#42  Edited By pr1mus

So the takeaway from this thread is that Kobe Bryant is cool?