Laptop help.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM

So I just took out my brothers old laptop from his case, he put it away back in 09 since he had got a powerful computer (though that's broken now unfortunately), and it runs pretty slow, as it did when he stopped using it. It's a Compaq Presario C500, so it's pretty old and it was cheap, but I don't feel it should run as slow as it does 'cause I think mine is from 2007 or 2008, and while not as cheap, this runs perfectly.

My question is, how do I make the laptop go back to its original state so whatever was installed on it is gone? I don't know if a lot of the programs on it are original or not, but to make sure, I'd like to just restore it. I did backup and restore (though not the backup part), and I don't think that did it. So, hopefully you can help and you'll understand my question. I want to turn the laptop on and see it as if he had just bought it (in a sense), and I feel like it'd run faster as well.

As always, if you need me to elaborate, just ask. Thank you.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By MikkaQ

Sounds like you need to get the windows install CD and reformat the hard drive. Reinstall windows and bam, new computer.