Latest PPV and weekly show discussion thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

Avatar image for zombiesatemycereal
zombiesatemycereal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Hey hey hey It's time for some Kraaaaazy™ predictions

• Raddox puts himself in the main event against Cena.
  • Ryback and Vickie start a relationship based on their mutual love of food.
  • TeamStache is officially formed .
  • Wyatt family beats up a commentator.
  • Curtis Axel gets yet another theme song change.
Avatar image for synthesis_landale
synthesis_landale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

@damswedon: People were pissed. No one wanted him to win. There were the obvious outliers but the general consensus was... Oh god really?

Avatar image for synthesis_landale
synthesis_landale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Krazy Time Predicitions:

AJ and Ziggler will stay together. For now. Lip Service to that.

RVD will come down, seem to be back for good, Wyatt Family will come out and beat him to death.

Bryan vs Orton main event, not for anything other than, hey, we need to build up Orton.

Punk will get air time, probably with Heyman about "wah wah you don't love me Punk", but no match because he really fucked his head. Probably the start of the buildup to Brock vs Punk at Summerslam.

Cena... I got nothing except that he'll be in it because Super Cena.

Oh, and they pop up the Michael McGillicutty graphic for Christian again, proving they're rebranding him.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12955  Edited By turboman
  • John Cena vs. Daniel Bryan
  • CM Punk vs. Bork Lazer
  • Real Americans vs. The Usos vs. SHIELD (?)
  • Dolph Ziggler vs. Big E (?)
  • Cody Rhodes vs. Damien Sandow (?)

all these feuds... still have Bray Wyatt running around, Dean Ambrose vs. Christian possibly, etc.

A lot of things WWE is doing right right now.

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My early prediction(maybe Krazy.)

Bryan beats Cena and wins the title, then Orton cashes in and Bryan proceeds to make Orton tap.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

The end of Raw made me smile so hard. It's time.

iceman228433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12958  Edited By iceman228433

What an amazing Raw great top to bottom 10/10 Yes!!!!!!!!

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good idea going with Bryan/Cena

Should have a really great build on Total Divas

jewunit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12960  Edited By jewunit

I concur. RAW had lots of great promos and story moments mixed with some solid matches. I am already looking forward to Summerslam.

williamhenry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm currently watching the all star money in the bank match and it kind of annoys me that rob van dam is in the wwe. I started watching wrestling again about 2-3 years ago and in that time I can name r-truth and jack swagger off top of my head that have had good/interesting pushes that have had the brakes slammed on because of drugs not to mention air boom disbanding. So the wwe brings in the wrestler that is the most known stoner in the industry,give his debut a massive amount of advertising and then make his first match a shot at being a number one contender.

RVD will sell more tickets/merch than R-Truth and Swagger ever will, so its no surprise to see RVD getting the push he is. Don't forget that RVD was WWE Champ and ECW Champ when he got busted with drugs. He pretty much immediately dropped both titles, was then suspended, and never reached that level of success again. So you can't act like RVD's career wasn't seriously derailed by drugs. Its been six years since RVD has been in WWE, so I think they are giving him the benefit of the doubt.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So next week there is a Raw on Monday, the next Raw filmed on Tuesday, the Smackdown that airs before that Tuesday Raw filmed on Weds and the next Smackdown filmed on Thursday.

That second Raw might be dark times

Hadoken101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

@hadoken101: Tour events that have them in Australia, China and South Africa

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RVD vs Jericho? What is this, 2002?

Paul Heyman is God and that ending was godlike

DisposableUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@gorillamopena: When one of the places you're taping at is Corpus Christi (the first Smackdown taping), everywhere else is great. Also, the only crowd I'm not sure of is Laredo as Austin and Houston (the live Raw and second Smackdown) can be very loud and rowdy when they want.

Avatar image for doesitoffendyou_yeah
DoesitOffendYou_Yeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RAW was great this week - I really enjoyed it. Be interesting to see if a Ziggler/Big E feud usurps the Ziggler/Del Rio stuff now, coming off of Ziggler's loss on RAW, or if we'll still get Ziggler/Del Rio at SummerSlam.

DGBruin08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12968  Edited By DGBruin08

I'm starting to think that my purchase of SummerSlam tickets for this year's show was a good investment. I know that it's a little early to tell, but the card is starting to shape up in a pretty nice way.

Anyone else see Daniel Bryan vs Randy Orton for the WWE title anytime soon?

DGBruin08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Avatar image for deactivated-59694a80bc6d9
deactivated-59694a80bc6d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Did all the gaming-press who were covering WWE 2K14 get free Raw tickets? Stephen Totilo was there in addition to Alex.

YES!

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So in an absolute clusterfuck at ROH, Mark Briscoe was announced the final participant in the ROH Title tournament. Meaning that either

1. Jay Briscoe was only fired by himself, and the Briscoe Brothers weren't picked up by TNA or WWE.
  2. Jay Briscoe will come back to ROH at some point also, and the BB weren't picked up by TNA or WWE.
  3. Mark Briscoe will be allowed to do his farewell match at ROH before going to WWE.
  4. ROH is completely fucked.
MjHealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 15

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

I eagerly anticipate Summerslam.

MjHealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 15

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

I eagerly anticipate Summerslam.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did all the gaming-press who were covering WWE 2K14 get free Raw tickets? Stephen Totilo was there in addition to Alex.

YES!

That makes a lot of sense. I assumed that Alex had just fallen down a wrestling money hole and bought the PPV and tickets for the next night, but with all the game stuff today, promo tickets seem a lot more likely

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome Raw top to bottom.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let's all take a moment to remember the majesty of this segment.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12977  Edited By Milkman

Tara was released by TNA today. In other news, Velvet Sky is still employed.

DOC has also been released.

DisposableUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Main Event Cliffsnotes:

1. Christian defeated Fandango.
  2. Layla and Natalya defeated Alicia Fox and Aksana
  3. Justin Gabriel vs Heath Slater w/3MB ended in no contest when The Wyatt Family came out and beat them all up. Rowan and Harper laid their bodies in front of Bray and he cut a promo to end the show.

Smackdown Cliffsnotes:

- Teddy Long started the show by announcing that he would be getting a job evaluation. He did a crowd poll to see if people wanted him to be the GM and they popped. Booker T interrupted him and said that he was the official GM and he was taking his job back. Vince McMahon came out and said there could only be on GM and asked them what they could offer. Teddy booked Curtis Axel vs Chris Jericho for the Intercontinental Championship and Booker booked Alberto Del Rio vs Randy Orton. Brad Maddox interrupted them and announced the Smackdown return of RVD. Vince teased all three of them before announcing that Vickie Guerrero was the new Smackdown GM. She came out and cut a heel promo on how she hated everyone.

1. Dolph Ziggler defeated Jack Swagger w/The Real Americans. After the match, he cut a promo on how he should have dumped AJ before Raw.

- Backstage, AJ and Big E were watching the show on a TV and AJ flipped out, attacking a chair and Big E. Big E got her to calm down by hugging her. They were about to kiss when Big E choked and just kissed her on her forehead.

2. The Shield (Rollins and Reigns) vs The Usos never started because Dean Ambrose ran in and they beat the Usos up. Mark Henry then came out and took out The Shield and he cleared the ring with The Usos to end the segment.

3. Daniel Bryan defeated Wade Barrett with the Yes! Lock. Based on reports, Bryan is the most over man right now.

MizTV with Paul Heyman was basically Heyman saying that Punk should never show his face again or he would unleash Brock on him again. As Miz left after the segment was over, Curtis Axel came out and they exchanged looks.

4. Curtis Axel w/Paul Heyman retained the Intercontinental Championship against Chris Jericho with the McGillicutter. After the match, Ryback came out and hit his finish on Jericho.

Damien Sandow came out and said that he didn't know why Cody had attacked him and that he was ready to forgive him for it. Rhodes came to the ring and Sandow offered him a metaphorical olive branch to be Sandow's personal Guardian of the Briefcase. Rhodes attacked Sandow and he escaped to end the segment.

5. Rob Van Dam defeated Darren Young w/Titus O'Neil. Showcase match for his return.

Backstage, Vickie Guerrero ejected Teddy Long from the building.

It was announced that The Big Show would be returning to action this Monday on Raw.

6. Randy Orton defeated Alberto Del Rio with the RKO. Orton celebrated to end the show.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12979  Edited By turboman

@milkman said:

DOC was also released by TNA today.

DisposableUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SHAMELESS SCHILLING: Don't forget that WNW is Wednesday at 9 PM with more Wrestling Society X and The Underground and some matches from that small indy promotion, WWE.

Also, in other news, a North Carolina judge has issued an order for the arrest of Ric Flair for failing to pay his alimony to one of his former wives, Jacqueline Beems, for multiple months, leaving him with $32,352.51 in debt (he had to pay $4,000 a month). Flair can avoid going to jail by paying his debt. Jacqueline Beems was also recently in the news after she turned herself into police custody for making harassing phone calls to Flair's current girlfriend. She was released on a $500 unsecured bond.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drx25 said:

Smackdown Cliffsnotes:

2. The Shield (Rollins and Reigns) vs The Usos never started because Dean Ambrose ran in and they beat the Usos up. Mark Henry then came out and took out The Shield and he cleared the ring with The Usos to end the segment.

I'm surprised that the SS PPV match for The Shield is shaping up to be Henry & The Usos. I could have sword MITB indicated a three way with Shield/Usos/Americans and Dean Ambrose and Christian would be the feud since Christian pinned Ambrose in the Shield's second loss.

Rabid619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@milkman said:

As the resident Tara/ Victoria fanboy of the wrestling thread...

D: Fuck you TNA. Fuck you forever.

Surprised they haven't fired The Jesse yet. Huge potential, eager to learn, loads of talent and young. They don't want that shit there.

DisposableUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Randy Orton was injured during the Smackdown taping:

At Tuesday night’s SmackDown television taping, Mr. Money in the Bank Randy Orton was injured during his match against World Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio.

According to WWE medical personnel, the nine-time World Champion suffered a cervical strain and cervical neuropraxia.

Check back with WWE.com for details as they become available.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/2013-07-19/orton-injured-during-smackdown

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@drx25: Sounds like ol' Ric ain't doing much "Limousine Riding" these days.

williamhenry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabid619 said:

@milkman said:

As the resident Tara/ Victoria fanboy of the wrestling thread...

D: Fuck you TNA. Fuck you forever.

Surprised they haven't fired The Jesse yet. Huge potential, eager to learn, loads of talent and young. They don't want that shit there.

They've released a lot of people recently, in front of the camera as well as behind. I wonder if they are having financial problems or are just trying to trim the fat.

theveej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@williamhenry: Dave Meltzer and other people have mentioned that many TNA employees have missed paychecks the last few months, both wrestlers and people in management and marketing etc. I don't know how healthy their finances are, all things consider their future doesn't look too bright.

Rick_Fingers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12987  Edited By Rick_Fingers

I hope DOC winds up back in WWE.

He has a big upside as a performer - hell, he would be a good fit for the Wyatts.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope DOC winds up back in WWE.

He has a big upside as a performer - hell, he would be a good fit for the Wyatts.

I would hate that his WWE career would be nothing but a brainwashed lackey

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@williamhenry: TNA's move to being on the road is probably a big financial hit for them since now they have to take all of their stage equipment with them as well and hire their own crew for setting all of that up (instead of just leaving it at Universal).

But their attendance numbers looks to be solid whenever you look at any crowd that they're pulling in. I'm sure the contracts to Hogan and such is a huge chunk of change in their pockets.

DisposableUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To complete the DOC/Tara release stories, Tara was said to be released because she's, by far, the highest paid Knockout in the company and TNA decided to move that money elsewhere. On the other hand, DOC's contract simply expired (It's what he announced on Twitter) and was said to be in contract negotiations with TNA at the moment. In fact, the creative team already had plans for him to be featured on TV with a babyface turn that started on last week's Impact and, like Devon, he could always sign a contract and return to TV later.

On the agent side, many were asked to rework their current deals to a per night agreement including D-Lo Brown, who agreed only to get released shortly after (this is still an unconfirmed rumor at this point).

On the front office front, Bruce Prichard, the Sr. Vice President of Programming and Talent Relations for TNA, is blamed as the reason that DOC's contract expired (reminder, he infamously let Bobby Roode's contract expire during his reign as Tag Team Champion and then forgetting to re-sign him until Roode reminded them). Also, he's cited as the reason RVD didn't stay in TNA and jumped back to WWE as, after a deal between Rob and TNA was made, Van Dam said that he was treated in an appalling manner by Prichard and had the deal scraped. On a positive note, Bruce was asked to restructure his contract with the company, alongside other office workers, and refused, so, unless there's a last minute change of heart by one side, his days in TNA are numbered.

In other words, sounds like TNA is pretty fucked right now.

Rabid619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drx25: Man TNA sounds like a MESS at the moment. It's amazing that company doesn't implode with all those moving parts getting rusty.

williamhenry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turboman said:

@williamhenry: TNA's move to being on the road is probably a big financial hit for them since now they have to take all of their stage equipment with them as well and hire their own crew for setting all of that up (instead of just leaving it at Universal).

But their attendance numbers looks to be solid whenever you look at any crowd that they're pulling in. I'm sure the contracts to Hogan and such is a huge chunk of change in their pockets.

Its hard to tell just how many of those people actually bought tickets though. For all we know, they could be heavily papering every show.

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Random thought today while listening to the interview with Warrior today.

Has anyone been keeping up with Scott Hall's progress with DDP? How's the guy been doing?

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

@papercut: That's the most recent DDP video, and its from June 15

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drx25: I remember a while back that Meltzer was talking about how TNA handles contracts and how WWE handles them. Basically, WWE has droves of people that work at Titan Towers, and over in TNA, Prichard has an insane amount of responsibilities that is spread out in WWE.

That being said, the fact that Roode's contract expired a while back without anyone knowing is a sign that something should probably change on that end of TNA.

rachelepithet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Guys, a wrestling league created by and starring Jeff Jarett, with Hulk Hogan in the role of Laurenitis, Russo in the role of Stephanie, an heiress in the role of HHH, an NWO storyline, Jeff Hardy in the role of Cena, a stop sign shaped ring, a TV time slot that changes like once a month, Brother Love in the role if Jim Ross, that public access Furby rookie card guy in the role of Michael Cole, and Scott Steiner in the role of The Rock... somehow didn't go out of business over ten years. They'll be fine.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@papercut: Both seem to be doing good. Apparently Jake tweeted something out about finally moving out of DDP's place and getting set up with a place of his own soon. So hopefully he is ready.

DisposableUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hbkdx12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drx25: Thanks for the info!

The Cena thing is just so weird to me. I don't wanna sound like a sour puss and compare eras and what not but with the attitude era and the ones before it seemed like there were multiple top tier wrestlers at any given moment. But now it seems like there's Cena and then there's everyone else.

Even on raw the way they handle the whole "John Cena will pick his own opponent" just seems a huge circle jerk. You'd think if they were going to put all their cards in one basket like that, half of the "WWE Universe" wouldn't be so ticked off by the guy.

Again, my criticisms may be off base since i haven't been very interested in this era of wrestling to say the least but the way they put Cena on this pedestal it's kind of hard to think about which wrestler on the roster could offer up the same kind of calibur if he weren't there.

I know Daniel Bryan is the ultimate fan favourite at this point in time but idea that he'd beat Cena and consequently kind of be "the face" of the WWE just seems kind of weird to me mainly because of the stuff i just pointed out.

williamhenry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Bryan beats Cena, it'll be with a rollup or something like that. He sure as hell isn't tapping Cena out as Super Cena has never tapped out. That would be a hell of way to get Bryan over even more though.