didn't even know that was a book

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By zitosilva

Actually one of the most interesting things is Burgess preface, how he tells he absolutely hates the movie, how his book was destroyed by it. See, the book is divided into 21 chapters, it is supposed to represent growth, the path of one entering the adult life. But for some reason the american version, of which the movie is based on, has the last chapter taken away. Therefore the movie tells an incomplete story, in which the main character does not change, he remais the same. What Burgess says is that he wrotte a story, so the character has to change, evolve, if he doesn't it is just a fable, something with very feeble literary value.

Shawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Shawn
A classic
A classic
Angels and Demons
Angels and Demons
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Black_Rose
zitosilva said:
"Actually one of the most interesting things is Burgess preface, how he tells he absolutely hates the movie, how his book was destroyed by it. See, the book is divided into 21 chapters, it is supposed to represent growth, the path of one entering the adult life. But for some reason the american version, of which the movie is based on, has the last chapter taken away. Therefore the movie tells an incomplete story, in which the main character does not change, he remais the same. What Burgess says is that he wrotte a story, so the character has to change, evolve, if he doesn't it is just a fable, something with very feeble literary value."
I love both the movie and book, but Kubrick decided to take out the end because he felt it was too cliche
HoNgKoNgPh0oEy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By HoNgKoNgPh0oEy
Black_Rose said:
"zitosilva said:
"Actually one of the most interesting things is Burgess preface, how he tells he absolutely hates the movie, how his book was destroyed by it. See, the book is divided into 21 chapters, it is supposed to represent growth, the path of one entering the adult life. But for some reason the american version, of which the movie is based on, has the last chapter taken away. Therefore the movie tells an incomplete story, in which the main character does not change, he remais the same. What Burgess says is that he wrotte a story, so the character has to change, evolve, if he doesn't it is just a fable, something with very feeble literary value."
I love both the movie and book, but Kubrick decided to take out the end because he felt it was too cliche"

Still havent seen that movie on my list of movies to see that and equilibrium
zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By zitosilva
Black_Rose said:
"zitosilva said:
I love both the movie and book, but Kubrick decided to take out the end because he felt it was too cliche"
Really? From what I read he wasn't even aware of the book's ending.

But, yeah, I like both the movie and the book as well.
Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

I'm far too lazy to hunt photos of the covers for these books:

To a God Unknown - John Steinbeck
Heart of Darkness - Joseph Conrad
Slaughterhouse-Five - Kurt Vonnegut
A Farewell to Arms - Ernest Hemingway