Mad Max - Fury Road: Holy Hell...

• 157 results
FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hope this movie stays in theaters for at least a couple more weeks or so. A lady friend I'm super into is wanting to see this real bad with me. And a lady who's interested in this movie is a keeper.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Hope this movie stays in theaters for at least a couple more weeks or so. A lady friend I'm super into is wanting to see this real bad with me. And a lady who's interested in this movie is a keeper.

Me too, my girlfriend returns from basic training in 10 days. I've seen this twice already but I'm more than willing to see it again with her.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#156  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Going to see it for a fifth time today, in lieu of working for the last 2 hours.

fram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I've seen this twice in cinemas now, and am looking for an excuse to go again. Haven't had this reaction to a film in ages.

universalize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 42

#158  Edited By universalize

when it comes to action, i feel this is undisputed

IceNDice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

A movie so good you have to resurrect an old thread.

Quid_Pro_Bono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#160  Edited By Quid_Pro_Bono

This movie is so dope. Maybe one of the best action movies ever. George Miller is a god.

Anund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#162  Edited By Anund

Alright spam-guy, I am more interested to know where you got a brand new BMW for $6000.

Gilian_Seed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So good movie! I am new to giant bomb community hello! thank you!

BranKetra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mad Max: Fury Road is an action-packed film. I liked in a way different than Avengers: Age of Ultron which released around the same time and I enjoyed it quite a bit.The special effects and costumes are amazing. A subtle narrative lets me as part of the audience wonder about the backstory. It is one of my favorite films of the year.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Ezekiel

@fredchuckdave said:

Going to see it for a fifth time today, in lieu of working for the last 2 hours.

I'm watching it for the fifth time. I'm taking a short break the morning after the crow scene (1 hr 15 min) because the film makes me perspire a little bit. I viewed it once in the cinema, three times on Blu-ray and now in 4K. This version has more color. It's redder. It's more like 2K upscaled to 4K, and I'm viewing it on a QHD monitor, but it's gorgeous regardless.

This movie is a treasure. In a time when action and adventure movies are made by committees obsessed with superheroes, CG and exposition, Fury Road really shines with its distinctive look, more visual storytelling and live action action scenes. One of the best action movies ever made.

I have high hopes for the sequel. Kinda hoping to see one of the old cities.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#166  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@ezekiel: In terms of pure action probably the best, though there's a few other movies that are more interesting while still being good action movies. Quite enjoyable to watch on TV as well as in the theater, not to mention the exceptional DVD extras.

Unlike say Westerns (including Kurosawa) there's not really that much of a dogpile on top of the action hill, it's just T2/Total Recall Vs Fury Road, with Fury Road clearly being superior at being an action movie while the other two excel at humor/storytelling comparatively. I wonder how high Starship Troopers would rate if I actually made a list.