Mommy is a gamer.

LaFemmeNiGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By LaFemmeNiGamer

Ahh blogging! I never thought i could do it. I thought  that an actual interesting topic was needed in order for you to actually blog. Since I am not an intersting person.. why not blog about games?! After that amazing thought I woke up from the daydream and realized that i havent been playing much now that i have what society call a J.O.B and had let my self go into a world that i had not known before. A world where I thought only my parents lived in..the land of BORING...Then I began to pay attention to everything around me. I Married a wonderful man I had met through the magical dating services provided by Zipper Interactive called Socom U.S Navy Seals. After years of spending late night and usually very early morning and also mid-days and 72 hr long sprees during Spring break,Flu season, and vacation time from work, I had met and developed a wonderful love story in Desert Glory,Rats Nest, and my favorite Frosfire, Zack and got married and to cut all the BS in the middle there is a 6 year old girl all product of many nights killing terrorrist shouting GRANATA, and so on.

Now many years have passed and that same fire about video games I had discovered when I was 4, had almost passed me by after marriage,brith,college,life in general until i stopped to smell the controllers and realized...It was all BS. I married a gamerholic.And now my offspring... is following in the same steps. So far my entire life has ran its course through video games. The only reason why I have any coordination and some reflexes is because of video games (thanks DUCKHUNT!) The only reason i know anything about Italy is because of Mario and also pizza night to get through video games. And i would like to say that I never understood why Ice Climbers was so fun to me.... really I just dont get it, you jump, you break ice, you get to the top, the end. By the time i actually was old enbough to get the concept of the game other than to get to the top...well... I grew out of it. I sometimes look at my six year old playing things like PERSONA 4 (thanks to Endurance Run here on Giant bomb i had to purchase the game for her....she is neck and neck with you guys in the game), and Fallout, GTA (yes i let her play...we teach her well), I just cant help to think  what she would do if she had to go back and play Pong.

While i was pregnant all i did was play games. She knew great titles even before she was born. I sometimes think back and remember how my GBA was so useful during labor. I had no drugs to cure my labor pains but somehow with Pokemon Emerald, Fire Emblem,The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap and Super Mario World: Super Mario Advance 2, I can honestly say labor pains are a big blank in my mind. I am alsmot sure that during my 23 and a half hr LABOR, she was mocking me by taking so long. I used to believe that is i kept pushing the buttons harder she would pop out like Mario used to from the pipes...That positive thinking helped me give birth and get a new GBA. I chose my profession (graphic designer) because I was a gamer. And now...the one thing love doing the most has been cut short... because i loved it so much...ugh this is as paiful as Two-face's double headed coin. Somtimes I feel like im living an RPG where strange people live and all my missions consists of paying bills and feeding people and doing chores... OH MY GOD ITS NOT AN RPG IM IN ANOTHER SIMS GAME NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

LaFemmeNiGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By LaFemmeNiGamer

Ahh blogging! I never thought i could do it. I thought  that an actual interesting topic was needed in order for you to actually blog. Since I am not an intersting person.. why not blog about games?! After that amazing thought I woke up from the daydream and realized that i havent been playing much now that i have what society call a J.O.B and had let my self go into a world that i had not known before. A world where I thought only my parents lived in..the land of BORING...Then I began to pay attention to everything around me. I Married a wonderful man I had met through the magical dating services provided by Zipper Interactive called Socom U.S Navy Seals. After years of spending late night and usually very early morning and also mid-days and 72 hr long sprees during Spring break,Flu season, and vacation time from work, I had met and developed a wonderful love story in Desert Glory,Rats Nest, and my favorite Frosfire, Zack and got married and to cut all the BS in the middle there is a 6 year old girl all product of many nights killing terrorrist shouting GRANATA, and so on.

Now many years have passed and that same fire about video games I had discovered when I was 4, had almost passed me by after marriage,brith,college,life in general until i stopped to smell the controllers and realized...It was all BS. I married a gamerholic.And now my offspring... is following in the same steps. So far my entire life has ran its course through video games. The only reason why I have any coordination and some reflexes is because of video games (thanks DUCKHUNT!) The only reason i know anything about Italy is because of Mario and also pizza night to get through video games. And i would like to say that I never understood why Ice Climbers was so fun to me.... really I just dont get it, you jump, you break ice, you get to the top, the end. By the time i actually was old enbough to get the concept of the game other than to get to the top...well... I grew out of it. I sometimes look at my six year old playing things like PERSONA 4 (thanks to Endurance Run here on Giant bomb i had to purchase the game for her....she is neck and neck with you guys in the game), and Fallout, GTA (yes i let her play...we teach her well), I just cant help to think  what she would do if she had to go back and play Pong.

While i was pregnant all i did was play games. She knew great titles even before she was born. I sometimes think back and remember how my GBA was so useful during labor. I had no drugs to cure my labor pains but somehow with Pokemon Emerald, Fire Emblem,The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap and Super Mario World: Super Mario Advance 2, I can honestly say labor pains are a big blank in my mind. I am alsmot sure that during my 23 and a half hr LABOR, she was mocking me by taking so long. I used to believe that is i kept pushing the buttons harder she would pop out like Mario used to from the pipes...That positive thinking helped me give birth and get a new GBA. I chose my profession (graphic designer) because I was a gamer. And now...the one thing love doing the most has been cut short... because i loved it so much...ugh this is as paiful as Two-face's double headed coin. Somtimes I feel like im living an RPG where strange people live and all my missions consists of paying bills and feeding people and doing chores... OH MY GOD ITS NOT AN RPG IM IN ANOTHER SIMS GAME NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

MC_Izawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MC_Izawa

I will never look at Mario the same way again.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Al3xand3r

It stilll amazes me to see that our generation is represented by (awesome) people like you. Soon enough, we won't have to cringe our way through the silly mainstream news stories of today, because our family and friends will be the people delivering these stories, and the whole world will know what an amazing thing gaming truly is. Well, simple(ton) and short is all I have to say, unlike you. Great post, would read again.

Maybe you can't game as much nowadays but at least a part of your "playtime" with the baby can be spent as such. You'll hopefully get some more time for that at some point, when your financials are better and life is less stressful, or something along those lines.

LaFemmeNiGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By LaFemmeNiGamer
@Al3xand3r: No no... thank you! Usually we are too blind to see the influences (the good ones at least) that gaming , or any other media might have on us today. I initially thought no one would ever read this blog I mean..C'mon a married 25 year old with a kid that has time to post things that aren't related to something cute like kittens (although... I like War-Kittens), baby teeth, poop, and "OMG the laundry needs to be done!", would never get any credit for mixing my actually life as the mom and wife of gamers while being a forgotten gamer myself. Especially when girl gamers are starting to kinda get some credibility other than having boobs (which i dont mind). I was ( and still am...errr trying to be ) a HARDCORE gamer and then after so many nights making Mountain Dew (code red especially) runs in the middle of the night, or having  the company of the Captain (Morgan to be exact) after a round or two of Socom or any game, just made me realize that... altough the girl left gaming a for a bit.. the gaming never left the girl...and how amazingly positive it was for my life and the benefits it beholds... which is way awesome! But keep reading my blog and spread the word.. I have many many stories!
LaFemmeNiGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By LaFemmeNiGamer

@MC_Izawa:

Yeah... I haven't either  =-(    LOL!

Matt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Matt_

Sadly, as a good friend of mine that is a girl and an avid call of duty player can attest, the online community is still alienating of  females. She either gets stalkers or people who tell her she can't play with boys because she isn't any good. I think an increase in girls that play games would help but adolescence and anonymity will be a major hurdle for those girls that want to get into gaming, especially multiplayer games.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Al3xand3r

Well, most people around here will be too young to care about the baby stuff but hey, at least they get a taste of what's to come. They too will at some point have to free up some of their gaming time to dabble in such things. Hopefully at least. There's a number of mature users around, just ignore the others, you don't have to be every kid's mom, lol. I think it's very important for parents to be into such things, otherwise they cannot understand or even protect their kids. The fact it comes so naturally to you is a great bonus. Gaming is entertainment. Those who understand it see its magic, those who do not can simply think of it in a similar way to movies. Everyone watches those, so why can't a 25year old mom play games just as well? She can (as proven by you). Perhaps your appearance here will at least make some users use the term "soccer mom" less.

@Matt_
Definitely. If I was a girl I certainly wouldn't make it known during gaming (I rarely use voice chat anyway). Probably not on boards like this either.

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By keyhunter

Iunno what the shit this thread is about, but my brief scan revealed the words "mountain" and "dew" so I'm going to support whatever it is you're doing.
Also props for having a GB account name that parodies my favorite TV show of the 90's.

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ahriman22

It's hard to find female gamers and they always seem to play the game I seem to expect them NOT to play (i.e. Left 4 Dead). I want to play with more females (Oh haha...), because it's annoying just playing with dudes and I most of those dudes are annoying as hell... WHERE IS YOU MIC?! LIKE MY MUSIC?! I haven't seen that with the 5 dudettes I've played L4D with.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Al3xand3r

There's no reason to stereotype like that. Find more mature people to play with, men or women. How about "real life" friends?

LaFemmeNiGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By LaFemmeNiGamer
@Al3xand3r: lol.. i agree with that.. I usually never had a problem being online.. i was always wlecomed... and in socom i mean i did well..."Real Life" freinds LOL funny thing is ...well we play online (oh god dont judge me lol its sad but true). I usually have guys hit on me (but then again i would be stupid to say its not funny). Im not attention whore...I talk i make jokes someone hits on me .. lol then I FRAGG them! MUAHAHAHAHAAHAH! But i guess the fault in the whole gender thing i would say is mostly girls. But please dont send hate  mail yet for that comment lol i have an excelent blog to say why i think its girls fault.
LaFemmeNiGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By LaFemmeNiGamer

@ahriman22:

Dudette ... ahhh that reminds me of the Big Lebowski... great movie. I should embody the dude and just be "The Dudette"... too bad i don't like white russians and hell!.. you can keep all my rugs i hate cleaning them.

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ahriman22
@Al3xand3r: Stereotypes are stereotypes for a reason. And my "real life" friends don't have 360s and when I play games like Killzone with them, it devolves to us insulting eachother over the game and phone.
Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Al3xand3r

Stereotypes certainly don't always have a reason. See racial stereotypes of 20-50-100 years ago ;)

Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#15  Edited By Symphony
Great post! It brought back lots of nostalgic memories when I was a toddler growing up with an Atari 2600 controller in my hand. I'm still standing by my opinion that video games are an awesome teaching tool for young children and helped me develop a huge vocabulary and understanding of English well before most others of my age group. It's awesome to hear your child is playing games like Persona -- if only such involving games were around 20 years ago, it would have been like an interactive storybook!

Oh and hilarious analogies. The mario pipe one was especially laughter-inducing! XD

(Augh, pardon the bold text, it seems broken -- the button doesn't want to work.)

@Matt_
said:
" Sadly, as a good friend of mine that is a girl and an avid call of duty player can attest, the online community is still alienating of  females. She either gets stalkers or people who tell her she can't play with boys because she isn't any good. I think an increase in girls that play games would help but adolescence and anonymity will be a major hurdle for those girls that want to get into gaming, especially multiplayer games. "
I can attest to that. I'm not sure about your friend, but I got used to it years ago. Sure, it's still lame when I beat someone at SFIV and get a PM saying "Stupid bitch, go play Sims", but oh well. I doubt those players would be much nicer to guys, and are probably just jerks in general who lash out at whatever difference between them and the target of their ire they can find. Gender just happens to be one of the most obvious. "You're different than me so you suck" *sigh*

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Al3xand3r

Agreed with the teaching tools sentiment. I learnt English thanks to video games. Don't judge me by my performance here though, I can do better.

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ahriman22
@Al3xand3r: Point made. But allot of the people I play with fit the profile.
Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Al3xand3r

Stop playing with them, I thought it's supposed to be easy to maintain friends lists and what not on the HD consoles. I mostly play online on PC, and it's damn easy to only play with "friends" that are mature enough there...

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ahriman22
@Al3xand3r: Most of them live in different time zones (Some from Japan, some from here in Canada, some from the U.S, others from the UK and it's rare that we all play together, so we have to find other people we don't know.
LaFemmeNiGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By LaFemmeNiGamer
@Symphony:  You know i would like to thank all of you right now from the start... its nice to know that my post brought some laguhter and to tell you the truth i thought this post wouldnt even get a single viewing. I honestly thought that talking about how video games play such a role in an ordinary life wouldnt fly. I am thankful and inspired. Im going to post only that much this way  I can write another post. Hope you all enjoy!
End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By End_Boss
@Al3xand3r said:
" Stop playing with them, I thought it's supposed to be easy to maintain friends lists and what not on the HD consoles. I mostly play online on PC, and it's damn easy to only play with "friends" that are mature enough there... "
This is true, although I think the community is more easily sifted through on PCs than on consoles. We don't have the option, for example, of banning someone from a server (I can't believe no one has thought of this yet...). Anyway, to the OP, that was an interesting read. Good to see a fresh face around the boards (and a thread that has nothing to do with the now detestable E3), hope ya' stick around.

As a little contribution to the subject, I had one of those gaming nights we all know so well last night on Rainbow Six: Vegas 2. I met a couple of guys who seemed like good people (and added them to my friends list before the end of the night) and played Terrorist Hunt mode from 7:00 PM 'till four in the morning. A game hasn't held my attention for that long in ages... Good times.

Now about that Dead Space review...
simpsons_28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22  Edited By simpsons_28

People are sexist. it's like in T.V shows. You get beaten by a girl you suck. Girls have cooties. Go Fu** yourself is my response to that.

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ahriman22
@simpsons_28: You're a feminist is my response to that. No better than sexist.
Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#24  Edited By KaosAngel
@ahriman22: You know, I have to agree.