#1 Posted by stoodspoon (617 posts) -

We here Bryan Cranston's character speak, see more of Ken Watanabe's charecter and we see more of Godzilla.

#2 Posted by Sammo21 (3262 posts) -

I like how its almost a remake and a sequel to the original Godzilla film. Great stuff. Can't wait to check this baby out in IMAX.

#3 Posted by kaos_cracker (579 posts) -

I don't think I have ever been more excited for a movie this much before. Looks great.

#4 Posted by Chaser324 (6436 posts) -

Damn! I didn't realize that Bryan Cranston was starring in this. I was curious before, but now I absolutely have to see this.

Moderator Online
#5 Posted by FriendlyPhoenix (395 posts) -

I can't believe I'm this excited for a new American made Godzilla movie.

#6 Edited by Flacracker (1661 posts) -

That CGI at around 1:09 looks terrible.

#7 Posted by altairre (1181 posts) -

That CGI at around 1:09 looks terrible.

I hope that's not final because you're absolutely correct. I'm probably going to see this anyway but if you're using CGI in a Godzilla movie you should get it right.

#8 Edited by Marcsman (3181 posts) -

Looks promising

#10 Posted by Random45 (1159 posts) -

@altairre said:
@flacracker said:

That CGI at around 1:09 looks terrible.

I hope that's not final because you're absolutely correct. I'm probably going to see this anyway but if you're using CGI in a Godzilla movie you should get it right.

It's probably not final, at least I hope not. I thought the Statue of Liberty looked pretty fake too.

It's a cool trailer though, makes me interested to see it. Can't wait to see what Korey and Martin have to say about it.

#11 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6296 posts) -

They tried to nuke the fuck out of it and it survived. That's so fucking cool. Wouldn't be surprised if Zodiac Motherfucker was an advisor to the writing staff.

#12 Posted by sodapop7 (217 posts) -

This trailer has me much more excited than the first one which had me intrigued.

#13 Posted by simmant (41 posts) -

@random45: It's not suppose to be the real Statute of Liberty. It's the fake one on the New York, New York hotel in Las Vegas. The shot before that in the trailer is also in Vegas, and you can see a bit of the roller coaster that goes around the New York, New York behind the statues head.

#14 Posted by Vuud (1961 posts) -

#15 Posted by AMyggen (2878 posts) -

Yeah, this looks fucking awesome. The whole idea of them having tried to kill Godzilla with nukes makes me really excited for this movie.

#16 Posted by dudeglove (7774 posts) -

Looks dumb. Can't be any worse that Joel Schumacher's shitfest with Ferris Bueller.

#17 Posted by Itwongo (1185 posts) -

Loving it. This is definitely gonna be a day one must see for me.

And kudos to them working 1954 into this. It's a neat callback.

#18 Posted by AssInAss (2621 posts) -

Dude, fucking RODAN is in this trailer! OMG

#19 Posted by Gatehouse (610 posts) -

I can't believe I'm this excited for a new American made Godzilla movie.

Helmed by a Brit of course, so naturally we'll take all the credit.

#20 Posted by Humanity (9068 posts) -

I hope the movie will retain the same sense of a "thriller" rather than a straight up action flick.

#21 Edited by believer258 (11815 posts) -

@assinass said:

Dude, fucking RODAN is in this trailer! OMG

Wait, what? Where?

Yeah, I think this looks pretty awesome.

EDIT: OK, there's some speculation that it might be more than just Rodan: http://io9.com/who-are-the-other-monsters-in-the-new-godzilla-trailer-1531048665

#22 Edited by WMoyer83 (640 posts) -

King Ghidra must be in this

#23 Edited by HistoryInRust (6293 posts) -

This movie looks fucking amazing.

#24 Posted by marc (502 posts) -

@random45 said:

@altairre said:
@flacracker said:

That CGI at around 1:09 looks terrible.

I hope that's not final because you're absolutely correct. I'm probably going to see this anyway but if you're using CGI in a Godzilla movie you should get it right.

It's probably not final, at least I hope not. I thought the Statue of Liberty looked pretty fake too.

It's a cool trailer though, makes me interested to see it. Can't wait to see what Korey and Martin have to say about it.

The Statue of Liberty in the trailer is the fake one in Vegas, so that kind of makes sense lol

#25 Posted by Random45 (1159 posts) -

@marc said:

@random45 said:

@altairre said:
@flacracker said:

That CGI at around 1:09 looks terrible.

I hope that's not final because you're absolutely correct. I'm probably going to see this anyway but if you're using CGI in a Godzilla movie you should get it right.

It's probably not final, at least I hope not. I thought the Statue of Liberty looked pretty fake too.

It's a cool trailer though, makes me interested to see it. Can't wait to see what Korey and Martin have to say about it.

The Statue of Liberty in the trailer is the fake one in Vegas, so that kind of makes sense lol

Well shit, I feel like an idiot now.

#26 Posted by phantomzxro (1571 posts) -

@assinass said:

Dude, fucking RODAN is in this trailer! OMG

Wait, what? Where?

Yeah, I think this looks pretty awesome.

EDIT: OK, there's some speculation that it might be more than just Rodan: http://io9.com/who-are-the-other-monsters-in-the-new-godzilla-trailer-1531048665

yeah a lot of rumors going around, the large plane like object that falls into the water is rumored to be Rodan. Also most of the planes in the air are just falling out of the sky, they must be taken down by a different monster than godzilla.

Also rumors of a spider like monster is also in the film, to add there is a shot of twins in the damaged building in the beginning. Which may be a nod to mothra.