My Game of The Year Awards, Part 2

jimbo_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 7

Edited By jimbo_n

Part 2 will be the second part of my top 10 overall best games I´ve played this year. Platform or genre dosent matter. Its straight up the 10 best games I´ve had the pleasure to playing through this year. I will be making a list at the end that lists games I wish I could have played or played more of so If you are missing a game here I probably didnt play it. Cant play them all, only most of them ;)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5: DEAD SPACE (Played on: Playstation 3)
The perfect combination of Resident Evil 4, Doom 3, The Thing, Sunshine, Bioshock and Alien. Actually. Its a masterpiece put together by bits and pices of Sci-Fi horror clichés and superb videogames. Dead Space triumphed with making me a total nervewreck over the course of 2 days when I played through it Marathon style. Very well told, looks incredible and has sound design to die for. A rocking, very immersive, start for this new EA franshise.

Dead Space
Dead Space
Dead Space
Dead Space

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4: DEVIL MAY CRY 4 (Played on: Playstation 3)
Everything you could possible want from a DMC game, multiplied by 10. This is probably as good as Devil May Cry is going to get. It maintains the awesome gameplay from DMC3 while streamlining it for a new generaion. The challenge is there for those who want it and the kiddie mode is there for those who wants to blaze through while enjoying the jawdropping visuals. Probably the best in its genre since DMC 3. Cannot wait for Bayonetta !
Devil May Cry 4
Devil May Cry 4
Devil May Cry 4
Devil May Cry 4

3: FABLE 2(Played on: Xbox 360)
When I start talking about Fable 2 I ususally cant stop. So I dont really know how to summize it. Theres so much to this game. Its probably Lionhead´s best game yet and one of Molyenux greatest works ever. Its a game you can sink countless hours into and play through several times in a row. Something I´ve already done and plan to do again once the DLC is out. Fable 2 hits me right in the heart on some many levels. Its exacly what I want out of a game in more ways than this text can explain.
Fable II
Fable II
Fable II
Fable II

2: BURNOUT PARADISE (Played on: Playstation 3)
I didnt think it was possible to sink more than 60 hours into a racing game. Until I played the latest and best version of Burnout. When it comes to total hours in a game this year Paradise it up there with World of Warcraft and Fable 2. It just never gets old. Its as fun today as it was back in January. Criterion has been totally awesome with updating it but I would probably sunk as much time into it anyway. The game design at work here is genious. Burnout is probably hands down my favorite racing franshise ever and this is the best version of it. You do the math...
Burnout Paradise
Burnout Paradise
Burnout Paradise
Burnout Paradise

1: METAL GEAR SOLID 4 - GUNS OF THE PATRIOTS (Played on: Playstation 3)
I wrote a review of this game back on GameSpot pretty much saying it was the best game I´ve ever played and that its a work of genious that transcends whats been done with the medium before. I might have been a bit caught up in the moment but the first time through MGS4 is a ride that I will never ever forget. The things that you´ll experience in this game and the cinematic quality of it all is mindbending and from the moment I was done in Act 1 there was really no other choice for Game of the Year no matter how good the rest of the year turned out to be...
MGS 4
MGS 4
MGS 4
MGS 4

Games that just barely missed the top 10:
- Command & Conquer - Red Alert 3
- Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe
- Rock Band
- Bionic Commando ReArmed
- Ninja Gaiden II
- Spore
- Warhammer Online
- Mirrors Edge

Games that I wish I played or didnt play enough
- Rock Band 2 (not at all)
- WoW - Wrath of the Lich King (not enough yet)
- Resistance 2 (not at all)
- Okami Wii (not enough)
- Silent Hill Homecoming (not at all)
- Motorstorm - Pacific Rift (not at all)
- Far Cry 2 (not at all)
- Sacred 2 (not enough yet)
Part 3 will be special category awards like Soundtrack and voice acting.
Stay tuned....

jimbo_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By jimbo_n

Part 2 will be the second part of my top 10 overall best games I´ve played this year. Platform or genre dosent matter. Its straight up the 10 best games I´ve had the pleasure to playing through this year. I will be making a list at the end that lists games I wish I could have played or played more of so If you are missing a game here I probably didnt play it. Cant play them all, only most of them ;)
5: DEAD SPACE (Played on: Playstation 3)
The perfect combination of Resident Evil 4, Doom 3, The Thing, Sunshine, Bioshock and Alien. Actually. Its a masterpiece put together by bits and pices of Sci-Fi horror clichés and superb videogames. Dead Space triumphed with making me a total nervewreck over the course of 2 days when I played through it Marathon style. Very well told, looks incredible and has sound design to die for. A rocking, very immersive, start for this new EA franshise.

Dead Space
Dead Space
Dead Space
Dead Space

4: DEVIL MAY CRY 4 (Played on: Playstation 3)
Everything you could possible want from a DMC game, multiplied by 10. This is probably as good as Devil May Cry is going to get. It maintains the awesome gameplay from DMC3 while streamlining it for a new generaion. The challenge is there for those who want it and the kiddie mode is there for those who wants to blaze through while enjoying the jawdropping visuals. Probably the best in its genre since DMC 3. Cannot wait for Bayonetta !
Devil May Cry 4
Devil May Cry 4
Devil May Cry 4
Devil May Cry 4

3: FABLE 2(Played on: Xbox 360)
When I start talking about Fable 2 I ususally cant stop. So I dont really know how to summize it. Theres so much to this game. Its probably Lionhead´s best game yet and one of Molyenux greatest works ever. Its a game you can sink countless hours into and play through several times in a row. Something I´ve already done and plan to do again once the DLC is out. Fable 2 hits me right in the heart on some many levels. Its exacly what I want out of a game in more ways than this text can explain.
Fable II
Fable II
Fable II
Fable II

2: BURNOUT PARADISE (Played on: Playstation 3)
I didnt think it was possible to sink more than 60 hours into a racing game. Until I played the latest and best version of Burnout. When it comes to total hours in a game this year Paradise it up there with World of Warcraft and Fable 2. It just never gets old. Its as fun today as it was back in January. Criterion has been totally awesome with updating it but I would probably sunk as much time into it anyway. The game design at work here is genious. Burnout is probably hands down my favorite racing franshise ever and this is the best version of it. You do the math...
Burnout Paradise
Burnout Paradise
Burnout Paradise
Burnout Paradise

1: METAL GEAR SOLID 4 - GUNS OF THE PATRIOTS (Played on: Playstation 3)
I wrote a review of this game back on GameSpot pretty much saying it was the best game I´ve ever played and that its a work of genious that transcends whats been done with the medium before. I might have been a bit caught up in the moment but the first time through MGS4 is a ride that I will never ever forget. The things that you´ll experience in this game and the cinematic quality of it all is mindbending and from the moment I was done in Act 1 there was really no other choice for Game of the Year no matter how good the rest of the year turned out to be...
MGS 4
MGS 4
MGS 4
MGS 4

Games that just barely missed the top 10:
- Command & Conquer - Red Alert 3
- Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe
- Rock Band
- Bionic Commando ReArmed
- Ninja Gaiden II
- Spore
- Warhammer Online
- Mirrors Edge

Games that I wish I played or didnt play enough
- Rock Band 2 (not at all)
- WoW - Wrath of the Lich King (not enough yet)
- Resistance 2 (not at all)
- Okami Wii (not enough)
- Silent Hill Homecoming (not at all)
- Motorstorm - Pacific Rift (not at all)
- Far Cry 2 (not at all)
- Sacred 2 (not enough yet)
Part 3 will be special category awards like Soundtrack and voice acting.
Stay tuned....

Ryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Ryu

Nice list, I don't think DMC 4 really deserves that spot though.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Meowayne

Meh. You should have played World of Goo.

bwooduhs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By bwooduhs

i would have put many games ahead of DMC4 but otherwise not to bad. Im glad to see Burnout up there. I forget it even came out this year.