Name of the Wind TV series being made.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Aegon

By Fox. I know, boo and all that. You were excited and now you're like why? Someone suggested this might be Fox's answer to Game of Thrones. Either way, it's one of my top two favourite fantasy series, so I'll at least give the TV adaptation a chance. And hey, FX is a Fox channel and has at least 3 shows I like (Wilfred, Justified, Archer). So if it ends up being there, it could be pretty good.

source:

Deadline has just announced that 20th Century Fox has optioned the television rights to Patrick Rothfuss’ epic fantasy trilogy The Kingkiller Chronicles to develop into an ongoing series. Eric Heisserer (Hours, The Thing) is attached to adapt the series as its executive producer.

The show will begin with the events of The Name of the Wind and follow through the other two books in the trilogy. No word yet on how the show will otherwise be structured, or if they will incorporate aspects of Rothfuss’ planned works after the Kingkiller trilogy.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Why must they ruin everything?

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Aegon

@gunslingerpanda said:

Why must they ruin everything?

The books won't be ruined if the TV show turns out bad, and like I said, FX has some good shows.

crazyleaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By crazyleaves

If it's not utter shit, I will watch it.

Has he said the third book would be the end of Kvothe? I thought he had said he was writing a trilogy, not anymore than that. That article says "...the end of Kvothes story." I have been in school the past 2 years and haven't been keeping up.

edit: phone

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Aegon

If it's not utter shit, I will watch it.

Has he said the third book would be the end of Kvothe? I thought he had said he was writing a trilogy, not anymore than that. That article says "...the end of Kvothes story." I have been in school the past 2 years and haven't been keeping up.

edit: phone

My impression is that the third book is the last one for Kvothe. Don't know how that'll work out, but Rothfuss has pleasantly surprised thus far.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#6  Edited By ArbitraryWater

I like those books and would not mind a quality television show based on them. But let's be honest: It's probably not going to be great.

Artof_War

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Boom! I'm pumped. As long as they let Patrick play a role in this it should be good.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Aegon

Boom! I'm pumped. As long as they let Patrick play a role in this it should be good.

He should be Manet. The forever student.

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I probably won't watch it, just because the books have always been a guilty pleasure for me - read for a week during the summer kind of thing. An ongoing TV show doesn't really have the same appeal.

That said, how do people feel about where the series is going? The one thing that's always bugged me is how Kvothe is basically perfect at everything - a little too much 'fantasy' for a fantasy - but the ending of book 2 implied that maybe Rothfuss was going to directly address that, and in a non-Chosen One kind of way, which would be great, because yo, fuck Chosen One stories.

YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I read the fist book and thought it was well written but had some major flaws. First one: no ending. I felt the book resolved nothing. Second: Kvothe is pretty much a Mary Sue. Guy can do anything he wants, excels at it all. Wins everything. Has the gift of magic. Is an amazing performer. And this is while he's a child. So, generally I don't see what people are amazed by.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@markwahlberg: I think it's pretty obvious that the third book is going to deal with Kvothe's fall, and I wouldn't be surprised if it ends unhappily. The second book portrays him as such a cocky bastard that it has to end with him finally biting off more than he can chew.

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By MarkWahlberg

@arbitrarywater: Yeah, I hope so. I mean, it was a bit silly in the first book, but then by book 2 he's a 16 year old with an entire society of ninja sluts he can bone whenever he wants. You can really only go down from there.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@markwahlberg: The sexytime parts of book 2 are indulgent to the point of silliness. Somehow, I bet those won't survive the TV treatment unscathed.