Nelinpeli - the spawn of Giant Bomb grows

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Wasara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey guys,

I usually don't post much (too darn busy), but I've been a long-time follower of GB and the community. I wanted to send my thanks to GB staff and give you guys a heads-up on a lil' independent, financially untethered (read: dirt poor) Finnish video game site that probably wouldn't exist had it not been for Giant Bomb's example of becoming a runaway success on their own strengths & merits. Not to forget the passionate community of fine folks like yerselves.

Behold the creation ye have wrought:

Mulkaisu means "an eyeful", in case you were wondering.

Most of our stuff is in Finnish, so I figure the Spaceteam video is a pretty good way to say "hi!" universally. Our podcast and videos are in Finnish, so most of you probably wouldn't get much out of 'em. Then again, I have been told our glorious language sounds like a rather insane mash o' words and syllables to non-speakers, so maybe there's a hidden jewel of humor behind the language barrier.

Anyway, I hope you dig it. We're still learning the ropes and doing pretty much everything the hard way (ourselves, independently, learning as we go), but it's pretty easy to keep the gas tank full when you're working for the right reasons. I figured Nelinpeli's 1st birthday would be a good time to finally extend my thanks to GB and the community for the inspiration and all that jazz. This post missed it by a few days, but hey, nobody's perfect.

Cheers.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

Subido did this kind of stuff even before there was a Giant Bomb. Seems interesting, but having been in the industry in Finland I'm sadly not too optimistic for your success. There just isn't enough of a viewer base to sustain a site without heavy and invasive advertising. Also, advertising your site on the forums is lame.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Oh, wow. This is magical! Thank you for this. ~ The accent makes it real..

Wasara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Wasara
@isomeri said:

Also, advertising your site on the forums is lame.

Agreed, in very general terms.

Perhaps you don't see a distinction between raising one's hand and saying "hi, we're over here doing stuff" and black-hearted advertising. I personally do.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Using Giant Bomb to advertise your website is frowned upon here, as stated in our Forum Rules. Locking this down.